Stop riding to school or be expelled.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man whatta bunch of jerks. "No further comment". hmph. that's cuz they know they'll gotta lot of explaining if they have to explain that when they said "motorized vehicles" they didn't mean cars and buses. so they'll prolly be so stubbornly proud that they'll start enforcing the "no motorized vehicles" and prohibit the cars and buses. i'd love to see the aftermath of that one. hahahaha. bunch of high-brow elitists

Nice, what a bunch of pricks. I rode to high school myself and see no problems at all with it!

Sean

Nice, what a bunch of pricks. I rode to high school myself and see no problems at all with it!

Sean

Same here, when I got my license at 14, I rode to school and before that being my XL was an enduro I took the trails to school.

As you all say. it is 'kin stupid BUT....

Many organisations have banned or stopped doing activities that we did when younger to avoid the risk of being sued for negligence or failing in a duty of care.
There seems to be a faction in the UK (and no doubt in the US) who see suing as a way of making a fast buck or seem to think it is always someone else's fault rather that admit their own responsibility.

Insurance companies will often pay up rather than fight a case which in turn puts up to costs for everyone.

Ultimately it is the society that we live in which is to blame!

Our county is soooo embaressing sometimes, it really is.

Thankfully MotorCycle News have it, and they can be like a dog with a bone sometimes so hopefully the can put some pressure on the local authority to wake up to their own idiocy.

When he transfers, he should blow a 200 ft. smoker out of the parking lot (open header) :biglaugh:

...I rode to school and before that being my XL was an enduro I took the trails to school.
now THAT sounds like an awesome way to commute to school. :punk:

my buddy use to carpool me to school in his IH Scout II, not unlike this one.
scoutII.gif
we'd detour through the local AFB's reserves. talk about fun. a bitch though if you had to cram in some homework that you procrastinated.
Ahhh memories
1151719845_c12a872d7b.jpg

interesting they don't allow any of their students to commute.

Making a society of kids that cant think, speak, or do anything for themselves.... We are pussifying our kids to the point once they get into the real world they are shocked to the point of no return. When I was 17 I bought my first car... 1980 monte carlo. Had it two days before i flipped it. I paid for the car, after i flipped it guess what my dad did.... Told me to walk and he wasnt gonna foot any of the bills for another car. I scrapped the monte down and scraped enuff cash to buy an old ford tempo. I learned a hard lesson... U screw up u pay the price. So in repect to dad i dont buy my kids anything they dont need... If they want it they buy it... My twelve yr old saved for a year to get his ttr125... 1000 dollars he saved since august... He loves it and rides it.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

Sean

Same here, when I got my license at 14, I rode to school and before that being my XL was an enduro I took the trails to school.
I've ridden my ski-doo olympic and my yamaha dt 250 to school, did wheelies in the parking lot too! Only time I ever got in trouble at school because of a vehicle was during senior burnout day with my nova. They sent my football coach after me once I got back into class, he pulled me out of class and took me down to his office to "discipline" me. He closed the door then asked what I did, when I told him he said I was a fool for wasting my tires and we had a laugh. He sent me back to class and never heard anything about it again, my how times have changed!

We are fast becoming a society that is ruled by a class of bureaucrats that are afraid to allow people to live life because of their own personal thoughts (as stupid as they are.) I started teaching my kid how to ride at 7 and he is very good at it. HOWEVER the powers that be over the years have confiscated 2 of my bikes and told me that if they see him off my property on the bikes that he OWNS they will make it so that he will not be able to get licensed..

We live in Texas where it is possible for a 15 year old to get an MC endorsement. I have been preparing him for this "Right of Passage" his whole life just like my Dad did for me. :punk::punk:

I checked with the schools here locally and they have a very similar policy, that students are not allowed to drive themselves to school on any type of vehicle UNLESS they are of legal driving age and have the proper license and insurance for it.

Hell, Our Governments can send our kids off to war to die but they cannot buy alcohol...We truly live in an OXYMORON world of rules...Welcome to the New World Order...:confused2:

Hmmm... I avoided all of this. Maybe because I went to a private high school? They could have cared less how you got to school as long as it was before 8:17 in the morning when the "late bell" rang.

I'd drive my old truck, in the spring when it got nicer I drove my GS450-A in. Remember riding my own bike to school was 1000x better than having to ride the stupid public school's maze of busses. Had to change busses once going there, and twice coming home. Took 2 hours to get home, rode home on the bike in 20 min.

I drove a 1959 Zundapp 250cc Super Sabre to high school in 1960-1961. Purchased by me from proceeds of job at Wyatt's Food Store (later bought out by Kroger's). This was before anyone heard of Japanese motorcycles. Sold it in 1963. It was a great bike. Never a problem except throttle cable broke once when wide open. Caused a little excitement but only had 17 hp. Also was fun getting home pulling on the bare cable with my right hand down by the engine... :biglaugh:

I drove a 1959 Zundapp 250cc Super Sabre to high school in 1960-1961. Purchased by me from proceeds of job at Wyatt's Food Store (later bought out by Kroger's). This was before anyone heard of Japanese motorcycles. Sold it in 1963. It was a great bike. Never a problem except throttle cable broke once when wide open. Caused a little excitement but only had 17 hp. Also was fun getting home pulling on the bare cable with my right hand down by the engine... :biglaugh:

I have a 56 Zundapp 250cc here at my shop..

Also was fun getting home pulling on the bare cable with my right hand down by the engine... :biglaugh:

First thing I rode with a motor was a sears minibike that had a piece of string tied to the carb for the throttle. I was pretty young and got really squirrely riding in the gravel alleys with one hand on the bars and one pulling the string.

I was riding to school at 14 on my Yamaha Maxim 400, but I was using my older Brothers License (legal driving age was 16).
I took the MC test under his name to get the MC endorsement, LOL.
I bought and insured that Bike 100% by myself.
My Principal, who rode a Full Dress Harley to school and had two 1%'er sons, knew I was not really legal and ignored that fact.
So IMO if someone is of age and is legally Licensed and Insured they should be allowed to Ride/Drive whatever they own to school.

Did this happen in the US? I got the impression from the article that it was in another country. Somewhere in EU was my guess based on the way it was written. Different countries/continents have different cultures.

Either way, id be pissed if i were that kid. As long as he is riding responsibly there is no reason not to let him continue.

Back