Strays, wish I could take 'em all....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is close to taking a ride to Texas with me when I finally leave California next week. She shows up every morning for a handout. I'm gonna go knock on doors across the street from our job site a d see if she has a home or not.
That's not me in the pic, its my project manager.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375566209.656561.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375566241.225863.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375566264.396888.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375566295.059748.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375566323.905055.jpg

This one is close to taking a ride to Texas with me when I finally leave California next week. She shows up every morning for a handout. I'm gonna go knock on doors across the street from our job site a d see if she has a home or not.
That's not me in the pic, its my project manager.

God luv ya.
But by the look of those teats, I'd be afraid that she might have a stash of youngin's under a porch or something. You should follow her "home", before you take her back to Tex. You might wind up with a whole family.
Cheers!

Yeah, she definitely had an active litter a month ago. Not sure about now. I checked to see if she had milk yesterday and she didn't.
(Don't ask)
I did leave a note on the private driveway no trespassing sign I've seen her coming through inquiring about her. Left a phone number.
Its sorta of "semi-country" area with a few scattered houses.
I certainly don't want to "rescue" a dog they doesn't need rescuing..

Not sure if its a thoroughfare for her or a home.
There's so many stray dogs wandering around here its just nuts.
One of the PGE guys told me he's taken two in the last few years.

Yeah, she definitely had an active litter a month ago. Not sure about now. I checked to see if she had milk yesterday and she didn't.
(Don't ask)
I won't ask , Rusty, but I just spit out my morning coffee onto my monitor!
Hope everything works out, and there is one more stray with a good home.
Cheers!

I just remembered how we found the owner of a "stray" tomcat that we had hanging about our place a few years ago, bumming food and pestering our female felines.
We bought a cheapo cat collar, and put a note on it, asking if this cat had a home - the next day the cat showed up with another note and an address, about a block away.
The cat sure enough had a good home with lots to eat, and loving owners. He was just doing what tomcats do - prowl and beg, and hit on the ladies!
Maybe this collar thing would work for you?:ummm:

Well, I found the owners, the dogs name is Kiki, and she seems to have a good home other than she keeps escaping the yard.
The guys thanked me for fattening her up and promised to work on his fence. Actually seemed kind of embarrassed that she was running loose.

Sunday night I was heading into work and came across a just hit Shepard. No one ahead of me stopped, hit the brakes or even swerved. I don't think it was them that hit them. I u turned and was able to speak to him softly and pet him as he took his last breaths. Called the PoPo and they stayed while I pulled his soft limp body off the road and into the median so he would not get hit again.
I called the city again this AM to collect the body as the owner has failed to look for their family member. Damn shame man, damn shame.

Cool threat, rusty mcneil you have good hart.

Me and my wife, been taken care of charlie the bumble bee for 6 days now we found charlie in the back he lost 1 of is wings. It took sometime for the bee to eat, now the bee eats from us and will walk to us when we are out back. I can now let him walk right in my hand and lift the bee up on a flower. We leave the bee in the flower bed. We check on him at least 3 times a day. The bee will eat honey - he will walk right to it. I hope he can grow another wing.

Attachments

• P1030390.JPG
    P1030390.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 8
  • P1030385.JPG
    P1030385.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 8
  • bumble be charlie.JPG
    bumble be charlie.JPG
    421.1 KB · Views: 8
I tend to collect strays myself. :D

Attachments

• DSCF4754.jpg
    DSCF4754.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF4891.jpg
    DSCF4891.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF4908.jpg
    DSCF4908.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Jen_VMax_Lakes.jpg
    Jen_VMax_Lakes.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 15
Sorry but I am a little upset at Strays or not so much the strays but the A holes that pitch them. I had recently purchased my little girl a rabbit hutch for $300 and then a couple beautifil rabbits for her. This F'n stray that we later had found out was recently picked up by a neighbor across the street. Totally ruined this hutch and had gotten inside of it (stuck) and killed both the rabbits. I was pissed off because the loser neighbor for one didn't have the dog fenced and then the losers that dropped the dog off. Obviously where we are from if a dog causes stress to your livestock or harm you can put the dog down. Guess what that is what happened, then the dumb ass lady that owned it called the cops saying we put it down for no reason. Unknown to her she litterally narced herself of to the local authorities of her ownership to a dog that was not fenced and the death of two rabbits. I tell you I am a bit pissy right now, sorry to rain on your parade but I am sure your stray is a nice dog. Now I am dealing with my daughter that is upset and litterally cried for over an hour. Plus the Piece of shit neighbor that has had no gumption to even tell my daughter that she is sorry nor given the money to replace the hutch or the rabbits. So even though the law states that the owner is responcible for the dogs actions I have to take her to court to get the money to replace the items.

G

Animals often do things because of their poor owners.. I'm not turning this into a pissing contest..and I'm sorry your daughter cried and its costing you some coin. That's absolutely no reason or excuse to take the life of an animal. Did you call Animal Control even? I understand if the stray was injured and was killed so it doesn't suffer but with most cities and some towns there are other ways to deal with animals rather than killing them.

Animals often do things because of their poor owners.. I'm not turning this into a pissing contest..and I'm sorry your daughter cried and its costing you some coin. That's absolutely no reason or excuse to take the life of an animal. Did you call Animal Control even? I understand if the stray was injured and was killed so it doesn't suffer but with most cities and some towns there are other ways to deal with animals rather than killing them.

no worries on a pissing contest.... I live in the country and farmers cherrish their livestock like they are their own children. Actually it all comes down to a livelyhood and what puts food on the table. With that said the law states (not word for word) if an animal causes harm or stress to your animals/ livestock you have the right to put the animal down. I have been told that if an animal dog, cow, horse, goats etc. come onto your property and do damage you can do the same thing. Yet most people will call the neighbor because they know whos animals they are and they work it out. I have heard of people or old farm ladies years ago shooting someones goats right there in the garden for eating all of the veggies LOL watch out for those crazy ass biotches :rofl_200: However after the incident my wife did call an animal control officer about it and she told my wife that they would have put the dog down too due to the simple fact that dogs are creatures of habit and would do it again. I had a friend that trained dogs for over 20 years tell me the same thing several years ago. We have a little Jack Russel "Cooper" and he thinks he is as big as a horse! He tried to take on our horse one time. what a dumb ass LOL

G

Back