VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds about right but I like to see about 10lbs for every 1000 rpm. The stock pump and setup doesn't normally produce that much. It takes some aftermarket parts to do that.

Sean

thnx,

as far as i know all engine parts are stock. I have no need for anything else as it's a great ride...wel anything yet that is of course, it is a Max after all ;-)

We sell it where I work. Never used it myself
but had a guy come in and tell me they have
used it in small aircraft engines for years. Figure
if the guys in the planes trust it should be good
stuff, they have a lot more to lose than us.
Chris

Better in what way ? Better economy
smoother shifts ? How would it effect
wet clutch ?
Thanks,
Chris

Just called their tech line this morn. I was told ok for wet clutch. i got some at autozone, one of several parts stores that carry it. The package i bought
had 2 bottles, one for fuel, one for oil. They are both the same. i just use them both for my oil. i have also seen some increase in gas milage, but mostly my engines seem to run stronger and smoother.

Just crankcase. The stuff is'nt cheap, so i use it only in my oil. They also make a additive for auto transmissions. i have yet to try that.

You show me back to back dyno sheets and engine break downs and I'll start believing this hype.

Check out Royal Purples hype. I believe it as they have a lot of dyno proof behind their claims.

Just MO!

I just switched to Rotella 15W40 diesel non-synthetic from Mobil 10w40 full syn motorcycle oil tonight......reluctantly mind you

the difference in shifting is unbelievable no more clunk no more hard shifting from first to second

I have been a synthetic user for over 20 years nothing but in every vehicle I have owned from boat sled car lawnmower you name it

I was curious having read good things about the Rotella in the Max on this site

if your tranny clunks into gear I suggest you try it
at 15.00 a gallon what have you go to lose ?
the Mobil was costing me 15.00$ a quart in Canada a rip off IMHO

I just switched to Rotella 15W40 diesel non-synthetic from Mobil 10w40 full syn motorcycle oil tonight......reluctantly mind you

the difference in shifting is unbelievable no more clunk no more hard shifting from first to second

I have been a synthetic user for over 20 years nothing but in every vehicle I have owned from boat sled car lawnmower you name it

I was curious having read good things about the Rotella in the Max on this site

if your tranny clunks into gear I suggest you try it
at 15.00 a gallon what have you go to lose ?
the Mobil was costing me 15.00$ a quart in Canada a rip off IMHO

I run the Rotella 5W40 which is synthetic and offers better cold starting fluidity! :eusa_dance:

Hey Chris -

My Max is a 2000. Would you suggest running the 15W40 first, or could I go straight to the 5W40 since it's not new (already broken in)? Also, what's the part number for the Mobil 1 filter?

Thanks man..........

- Mark

Hey Chris -

My Max is a 2000. Would you suggest running the 15W40 first, or could I go straight to the 5W40 since it's not new (already broken in)? Also, what's the part number for the Mobil 1 filter?

Thanks man..........

- Mark

5W40 IMO... As for the Mobil 1 filter... I don't think I'm going to run it anymore. It's an OK filter but the bypass valve may be rated at a higher pressure causing the motor to not get as much oil as it's supposed to. I will probably start using the STP filter ALSO made by champion labs. Champion makes them for a crap ton of people! Not sure what the STP number is yet. The mobil is M-110

What brand of oil ?

I had my vmax for a few months know and it's about that time for an oil change. What's a good brand to go with? Should I go synthetic? I have 12,000 miles.

Back