The Vmax seat thread! The all seat thread!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My seat that was done by local upolustery shop 6 yrs ago

Attachments

• Right Rear.jpg
    Right Rear.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 82
Morley Muscle Seat

Cool. My seat found it's way back to me today. I just had the front section redone. My bike is a '06 with the "pinhole" style vinyl. Turned out pretty decent and looks like it will be a good match. Can't wait to put it on and try it out even if it will only be in the basement and not on the road for a while. Not sure when I'll get some time though. Between work and me getting rid of all my muscle car stuff I've been busy. I finally found someone to buy my 69 cutlass, my Olds 455 blocks, trannies, heads, intakes, etc,etc.... For one lump sum.

Back to the topic. Photos attached of it before it goes on for those who haven't seen one before. Definitely looks to have more a flat, pan to it for the arse as compared to the original. I would compare my experience to the original as having a piece of 10" schedule 80 pvc mounted horizontally on the bike, covered with some foam and vinyl. Yeah, it sucked that bad IMO. One thing I gotta give to my buddies with HD's. They make some VERY comfy seats for those things

Attachments

• DSC01556.jpg
    DSC01556.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC01557.jpg
    DSC01557.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC01558.jpg
    DSC01558.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC01559.jpg
    DSC01559.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 60
Re: Morley Muscle Seat

Looks great Mike.
What part of pittsburgh are you in?
If you ever want to hook up and ride, let me know..

You wont be disappointed. Seans seat is one of the best upgrades for your Max. Money well spent. Enjoy

+1 for Sean's seats, shit I still get wood when I sit on mine, oh wait, never mind:biglaugh:.

Best upgrade so far done to my ride.

I give Sean's seat high marks for durability, comfort and quality work.
I give Sean high marks for being a great guy to work with, and very willing to go the extra mile to make sure you get a seat made just for you.
:thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

I agree with all the Morley Muscle seat praise...my Morley Muscle Corbin is top notch and Sean is great for making sure you're treated well and your product is top-shelf.

Blaine Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

Looks great Mike.
What part of pittsburgh are you in?
If you ever want to hook up and ride, let me know..

About 20 miles north of Pittsburgh in Fawn Twp (Rt 28 North 2nd exit past the Pgh Mills Mall)

Thanks for the invite. Hopefully we can get together some time this spring.

Had some issues with water in the basement last night. Ending up moving everything around (including the cutlass with flat tires,PIA)to get access to the water and move it to the drains. By the time I did that the wife and kids were asleep. Figured no time better than now to put the seat on. Looks great! Everything matches up really well.

I was all too eager to sit on it once it was bolted up. AHH. Thats what it shoulda felt like from the factory. Definitely more cheek support for my 6'0, 200# ass. No more sitting on my taint (t'aint the balls or my ass, its in between).

I also ordered some cycle one off frame sliders when Tom had his 15% off sale. I figure with the new seat, and somewhere else to rest my feet and stretch the legs out a bit, I'll be much more comfortable on a long ride. Can't wait to try it all out!

I agree with all the Morley Muscle seat praise...my Morley Muscle Corbin is top notch and Sean is great for making sure you're treated well and your product is top-shelf.

I have a corbin seat going on 21 years old now and it was never impressive when new. I bought it thinking it would be more comfy than stock but mainly liked the backrest look better than Geniune Yamaha options and wanted to keep my passengers from flying off the back. Additionally it was a step backwards for getting into the gas tank with or without luggage bungied in the way.

But as you can imagine now it needs a new padding and skin. Does Sean do these kinds of refurbishments to Corbins? Hence the "Morley Muscle Corbin" reference above??

Sean if you read this can you post some details and pics?

I can't really tour past 2-3 hours or so in saddle before I need to get off the bike for a while. This is unexceptable. :damn angry:

I have a corbin seat going on 21 years old now and it was never impressive when new. I bought it thinking it would be more comfy than stock but mainly liked the backrest look better than Geniune Yamaha options and wanted to keep my passengers from flying off the back. Additionally it was a step backwards for getting into the gas tank with or without luggage bungied in the way.

But as you can imagine now it needs a new padding and skin. Does Sean do these kinds of refurbishments to Corbins? Hence the "Morley Muscle Corbin" reference above??

Sean if you read this can you post some details and pics?

I can't really tour past 2-3 hours or so in saddle before I need to get off the bike for a while. This is unacceptable. :damn angry:

Yes! He'll do what ever you want within reason. Have him cut it down and add a bit of padding to it too.

Chris

Hi,

I made the reference to the Morley Muscle Corbin Seat. I've owned my Morley Muscle Corbin for 2 years and it's awesome. Sean cut my seat down and make it softer and more forgiving for the long hauls. Sean can customize your seat with choices of colour, stitching, etc. You really ought to talk to Sean...he can tell you way more than me and he's great about communicating with his customers. If you have any questions for me, fire me off a PM.

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

Thanks for the advice guys. I see Sean's username and contact info listed earlier in this thread. I'll have to PM him for his ideas on my best options.

Is it inappropriate to post some prices here?

What is the current aprox price for Seans seats?

What about the others?

I am interested in getting my seat lower and more comfy.
I amaprox 200lbs 6-2" and from what I have seen i want a seat from Sean.

Sean..
How long does it take to have one done? Or do you have one available already?

-Paul

Core availability is one of the things holding me up right now. I've sold a few outright in the last few months and that is really cutting into turn around time. If you sent your seat here turnaround is 3-6 weeks.

Current Seat Work Pricing is:

$240 for all three done in all black material (some other colors available too). This would include reshaping the drivers seat as well as recovering it and the other sections.

ADD:
$40 for reshaped passenger seat
$40 for backrest pad
$20 for two toned carbon fiber and smooth black material
$20 for "VMAX" outlined raised logo sewn into the flip door
$60 for "Vmax" silkscreened Logo (also raised and outlined)
$40 for flaming sewn into the seat.

No Charge:
Any Color Stitch Material - Red seems to be very popular though most simply just use black.

Sean Morley

i'm going to get one of sean's seats eventually.. i'd say your best bet would be to PM or email him!

Eventually is the key word. I am very behind right now for whatever reason. I hope to be all caught up soon.

Sean

haha.. good to know sean, but i haven't ordered one yet so ur not behind on it yet!

Re: Who do you think makes the best replacement seat?

How deep is the cut in the seat ?It looks to be 2 1/2 to 3 inches deep and how thick is the foam pack ?

Back