The Vmax seat thread! The all seat thread!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we get done the foam isn't very thick in the center but the load is spread out farther where there is still a bit of pad left. Makes all the difference in the world.

Sean

OK, I should be shipping everyones seat sets by end of next week (jim your cover will ship early next week). I think I have 2 more core sets on hand (but need to make sure) that can be made up by next weekend too.

Sean

I have one reworked Corbin on hand that is ready to go and no spoken for. If anyone is interested here is the picture. $300 exchange plus shipping (This includes the logo work for free which is normally $20 more). This seat has been fully modified with cut down foam and thinned in the thigh area. This is perfect for the "Bigger" guys since we didn't cut it down as far and still leaves you room to move around in.

Sean

Attachments

• Corbin with Logo.jpg
    Corbin with Logo.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 76
  • Wades Vmax 1.jpg
    Wades Vmax 1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 78
Sean,

I want it. Sending PM now.

GIDDY UP! :biglaugh:

I need to send mine back in for some more padding I think. I just don't want to be with out for very long.

Can your guy put a denser foam in? Not like the Corbin... My fat ass needs more pad! :damn angry:

Chris

i'm sure we can add more pad. Worst case I bet someone on here will take yours from you for the same price I charge but they would get it right after I get your replacement. A win win for each person.

Sean

Yeah it's like new... I've put 1500 miles on it maybe... I just need more pad for my HEAVY FAT ass... lol

As it is now I use my AirHawk on it for longer trips.

Chris

did we do the two tone or the all smooth. Reshaped rear or stock rear. Front only???? I don't remember - sorry.

Sean

did we do the two tone or the all smooth. Reshaped rear or stock rear. Front only???? I don't remember - sorry.

Sean

WHAT? You don't remember MINE? :damn angry:

lol

It's a two tone I believe... Carbon fiber and smooth grain. The flip lid says VMAX in red outline.

See picture

Stock cut rear but I bought all three pieces so they match.

All I want to do is add another .5 inches of a denser foam to help me from bottoming out on the plastic like I do now...

Thanks

Attachments

• 100_2385.jpg
    100_2385.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 100_2396.jpg
    100_2396.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 63
OK.....all this seat talk has me wondering, cause im hating the seat right now, but my problem seems to be i need to move "back" a few inches, almost scrunching into the middle "flip" section.....

so anybody offer a solution to this type of fitment change???

have looked at the two seats offered on the OVER Racing site, but not sure and havent ever read of anyone trying them out so.........

how it comes off to gas up is secondary to me, not that big a deal even if i end up with a one piece, and secondly i "think" a lot of my discomfort is in the location of the stock footpegs, so i may have to get on the rearset bandwagon as well, cause i love the footpeg position on my Ducati 907 .

thanks in advance

doug

WELL, im wondering which way to go, as i currently run the ufo cycles drag bars and so im not really pushed back by the bars......

i really think its more of a foot placement issue as i really dont like the placement of the stock foot pegs at all and i am considering some rearsets to put my feet back a bit(i love the position my ducati 907 has so im comfortable moving the pegs back a bit)

doug

Interesting reading. I have a Corbin with back rest on mine, but I think I'd trade it the Yamaha backrest. But my passengers have seemed to like the Corbin. :confused2:

So I got the older Corbin seat, does anybody know if that has the hookups for Corbin's backrest? My wife's wanting me to get a backrest for her and the Yamaha one is esspensive.

Thanks.

So I got the older Corbin seat, does anybody know if that has the hookups for Corbin's backrest? My wife's wanting me to get a backrest for her and the Yamaha one is esspensive.

Thanks.

Have a look at the back of the seat. Can you see a little flap with the Corbin name on it? If so, lift it up, there should be a square-shaped hole there. That is where the shaft of the Corbin backrest goes, and it is secured by an allen bolt from under the seat.

My passengers hated that, because they could feel the shaft enclosure against their tailbone. Really bad design IMHO. I'm very happy that my Muscle Corbin doesn't have that shaft anymore. Plus I think the backrest looked really gay, so if I was you I would checkout Richwrench's backrest thread - he made one for about $20 and his wifey's now happy to ride! Best of all, it comes off in minutes by simply unbolting it. :clapping:

Can you see a little flap with the Corbin name on it?

I see the Corbin tag, but no flap. I'm not sure if I may need to cut the stitches of the tag and have a peak, or perhaps it does not have the ability.

As for Richwrench's backrest, that's awesome! Unfortunately I don't have the time/facility to fabricate something like that. (stoopid apartment).

I see the Corbin tag, but no flap. I'm not sure if I may need to cut the stitches of the tag and have a peak, or perhaps it does not have the ability.

Have a feel at the middle back of the seat. If you press down from the top, you should be able to feel the shaft enclosure inside. If not, it's not there, like my seat, and I guarantee that it's MORE comfy for your pillion. No need to cut it!

As for Richwrench's backrest, that's awesome! Unfortunately I don't have the time/facility to fabricate something like that. (stoopid apartment).
Just ask Rich! He'll be happy to make you one - he's working on something for me as we speak.. :worthy:

I had asked Sean if he could thin out the flip section of my muscle seat to get me some more space and he said it does NOT gain much what little he can get from there. I run a six inch riser and forward controls and the Starfighter seat right now and do not feel cramped. Forward controls are NOT conducive to high speed blasts though! If I need a change, I put the clod hoppers on the rear pegs for a few miles.

Back