Triple Headlight Charging Problem!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omran

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently replaced my front headlight with 3 smaller ones. From what I understand the stock bulb is a 50-60 WATT lamp, now there are 3 100 WATT lamps connected in parallel which in turn drains the battery in a few minutes.

I'm trying to find a way to make the headlights work without replacing the battery or connecting them in series. Any ideas?

Keep in mind I have the 3 headlights fused.

Hello,

I've recently replaced my front headlight with 3 smaller ones. From what I understand the stock bulb is a 50-60 WATT lamp, now there are 3 100 WATT lamps connected in parallel which in turn drains the battery in a few minutes.

I'm trying to find a way to make the headlights work without replacing the battery or connecting them in series. Any ideas?

Keep in mind I have the 3 headlights fused.

That's too much for every stator I know...install something normal...or
convert everything else to LED's but that might still not work.

Also you are now emitting over 12k(or more) lumens which is double then any road limit I know.

A Venture stator is only marginally better than a stock Max one - 400 watts vs.350.
How did you manage to power up 300watts on your headlight circuit, without blowing the circuit fuse:ummm:The wiring, fuse, and switches are not designed around this wattage. You are risking burning up components, or starting a fire.

If you simply want more lumens output from your headlight, try a premium bulb or convert to a H.I.D. setup.
Cheers!

Nice idea, but that simply is too much draw to work reliably. Pretty soon you're gonna smoke something electrical (and probably expensive).

I guess he added a relay and wiring going straight to the battery.

I agree go HID. I'm running a dual projector with 35w each. As I remember a single 55w HID will do wonders already.

Good LED are still expensive and only few. I'll let go my HID when it will have became more popular.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Trying to light up a stadium? Dang. Go with LED bulbs or HID setup. To be frank I just recently installed a 35-watt, bi-xenon HID setup and it is a lot of light. I may switch out the 50-watt halogens in my two mini driving lights with some high output LED arrays and it will be plenty.

You can get H-4's with less than 55/60 W. My wife's Burgman came with (I think) 35/35 W.
I used one in my Max to save a few watts before I did the R/R swap. I wound up putting 55/60's in the scooter with no problems

Latest posts

Back