VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it would be just a coincidence like how this clutch, looks and behaves like EMF's auto clutch. :biglaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAy3ufxHrh8

EMF's AutoClutch
efmclutchj.jpg

Up until now, I have had no input on this thread other than opinion based on information provided, therefore I have not posted. That is until now.

The youtube video from planetvmax/ufo starts off as stating the prototype centrifugal clutch works like...... and goes on to explain how it works and then he states that the stage 2 prototype works in an improved way......

The point is that he states the prototype in a way to insinuate that the auto clutch design is theirs or atleast, he does not state that it is not their prototype, when in fact it is an EFM auto clutch that he has in his hand.

So to me, it looks like he is trying to take a 17 year old EFM design and make some modifications to it and call it his own.

Now it's not to say that thousand of other companies have not done this type of thing over the years, we all know it is common practice for them to analyze and improve on products in the back rooms of R&D facilities, but to make a video using another companies product and make as if it's your prototype is wrong and leads you to question this company's credibility.

Now I know that his "prototype" is in fact an EFM autoclutch as I have bought one for a bike and it looks exact as the one in his video.

To me, it is another bad business decision on ufo's part and is another indicator that Jon Cornell will take credit for other peoples work and designs.

Mike

Did you ever notice over the yrs. there is always one person who defends Jon and his products ? Amazing !! I have never dealt with Sean or Tim but met Sean yrs. ago at Thunder and from everything I have ever heard has been 100 % positive , same for Tim nothing but positive in every aspect of doing business or helping some one out with a product or problem . Now I have dealt with Jon and can tell you from a first hand point it was a major pain in the backside!!. I bought one of his MaxDaddy 17" rear wheels , it was suppose to fit right on YEAH RIGHTON MY ASS!!! , I attempted to call Jon for over a month 3 times a day , emailed 5 times a day for the same month to get the problem fixed but he never even tried to contact me back , finally took the wheel to a machinist friend and he took all measurements and fixed the problem , the center hub was not the correct size to fit on the bike . had to have some material taken off to fit now after paying $1,100 bucks for a wheel you would think you would get a little service or response back but no , not Jon . Finally after 3 months he had one of his flunky's call me to get the wheel fixed now when I got the wheel it was Feb. the shop claims as well as Jon that he was out drag racing as he does this for a living . May what a time to call and say he is done racing for the season and can handle the problem now, what an ass!!!!

1198-- if you are refering to me.. Im not defending anyone. I am only pointing out the fact that if one person bashes on another, to many people both guys become questionable. like I said I'd hate for someone who didnt deserve it to loose creditablility with the many people who are reading this and dont know one of these guys from the other...

wondering about patents??????
no patents on this stuff??
seems like if somone is stealing designs thats gounds for lawsuit no???
if guys arent patenting thier inventions somebody's gonna steal em....I aint sayin its right but CYA....!! applying for a patenting is not a difficult as inventing a new product and just part of business.

and before somebody says Im defending anyone.... Im not. I dont know him. Im the outsider looking in trying to understand how this could be .. for chrisssake kawasaki has the rights to a big "K", galfer has ther rights to he word "wave"....seems like if someone had a revolutionary clutch design it would be protected....

Well at least one good thing came out of this thread, I learned of Tims website, pretty cool. Interestingly enough he has UFO on the list of dealears he's dealt with and recommends. Wonder how long thats going to stay on there :):):)

Well at least one good thing came out of this thread, I learned of Tims website, pretty cool. Interestingly enough he has UFO on the list of dealears he's dealt with and recommends. Wonder how long thats going to stay on there :):):)

Thanks! I took care of that one.

I am on vacation, 750 miles away from my PC and I still found a way to get rid of that link. I am not done with this yet. Just bidin my time. Enjoying my vacation.

Tim Nash

Did you ever notice over the yrs. there is always one person who defends Jon and his products ? Amazing !! I have never dealt with Sean or Tim but met Sean yrs. ago at Thunder and from everything I have ever heard has been 100 % positive , same for Tim nothing but positive in every aspect of doing business or helping some one out with a product or problem . Now I have dealt with Jon and can tell you from a first hand point it was a major pain in the backside!!. I bought one of his MaxDaddy 17" rear wheels , it was suppose to fit right on YEAH RIGHTON MY ASS!!! , I attempted to call Jon for over a month 3 times a day , emailed 5 times a day for the same month to get the problem fixed but he never even tried to contact me back , finally took the wheel to a machinist friend and he took all measurements and fixed the problem , the center hub was not the correct size to fit on the bike . had to have some material taken off to fit now after paying $1,100 bucks for a wheel you would think you would get a little service or response back but no , not Jon . Finally after 3 months he had one of his flunky's call me to get the wheel fixed now when I got the wheel it was Feb. the shop claims as well as Jon that he was out drag racing as he does this for a living . May what a time to call and say he is done racing for the season and can handle the problem now, what an ass!!!!

Yep! Sounds fairly familiar... At least he attempted to fix my issue. Unfortunately he came up WAY short...

You know why people like Sean? He stands behind his stuff. He eats his profit if he has to and makes the customer happy. Sometimes you have to do that. It's a fact of life.

Jon doesn't get it. He's a peddler... Nothing more. His basic function in life is to sit on a bike and go fast in a straight line. That doesn't make him worth two cents in my book. They're just numbers. He's still got to meet our maker some day and explain why he screwed SO many people over.

Chris

I don't have a dog in this fight and don't know either guy, but this treatment of a customer is complete and total bullshit! I ran a successful small business from the front seat of my pickup truck for 17 years....communications being what they are today, there is no acceptable excuse for vendor/contractor/whatever response to be any more than 12 hours....MAX!! And, that's being generous!!

I'll bet if someone was calling to buy new wheels at that very same time they would have gotten a return call long before 3 months had passed!

Chris, you are 100% correct. I am actually replacing an engine right now. Had a wrist pin failure shortly after building the engine. Customer only made it 25 miles. The clip apparently broke (in his used piston) and the engine trashed itself when the rod broke. Not sure it's my fault but I can't rule it out either and the engine should not break like that so soon. I'm going to replace his engine which will far more expensive then my profit was. BUT, it's the right thing to do.

Sean

Chris, you are 100% correct. I am actually replacing an engine right now. Had a wrist pin failure shortly after building the engine. Customer only made it 25 miles. The clip apparently broke (in his used piston) and the engine trashed itself when the rod broke. Not sure it's my fault but I can't rule it out either and the engine should not break like that so soon. I'm going to replace his engine which will far more expensive then my profit was. BUT, it's the right thing to do.

Sean

That's just good business... It sucks, but sometimes it happens!

Sean

also my swingarm. u stood by it and helped troubleshoot when we didn't even know if it was the arm.

That's just good business... It sucks, but sometimes it happens!

That is 100% correct!....if the shit hits the fan on your watch, whether or not it's your fault, you will get the heat for it so just dig in and fix it!!

Losses are deductible anyhow....look at it as advertising expense, cost of doing business, whatever, but one dis-satisfied customer will do far more harm to your bottom line than what you may have saved by screwing him!

That is 100% correct!....if the shit hits the fan on your watch, whether or not it's your fault, you will get the heat for it so just dig in and fix it!!

Losses are deductible anyhow....look at it as advertising expense, cost of doing business, whatever, but one dis-satisfied customer will do far more harm to your bottom line than what you may have saved by screwing him!

I KNOW I've swayed people from UFO to something else. I've cost him WAY more than the 600 I lost... I STILL don't have my 600 bucks, but then I have the satisfaction that I'm a better human being. :punk:

if i pulled up to a VMOA meet/ride id feel ashamed if i had a UFO t shirt on

I KNOW I've swayed people from UFO to something else. I've cost him WAY more than the 600 I lost... I STILL don't have my 600 bucks, but then I have the satisfaction that I'm a better human being. :punk:

Haha, I didn't write that targeting you specifically, Chris, but your name did cross my mind! :biglaugh:

Hey, I don't blame you one bit....I'm the same way....I fuckin' HATE getting ripped off!! :damn angry: Funny, but most of the folks I've run across feel exactly the same way!

Haha, I didn't write that targeting you specifically, Chris, but your name did cross my mind! :biglaugh:

Hey, I don't blame you one bit....I'm the same way....I fuckin' HATE getting ripped off!! :damn angry: Funny, but most of the folks I've run across feel exactly the same way!

I feel like a broken record and I'm sure people are sick of hearing it, but SCREW IT! I'm going to bitch until the cows come home!

lol

Chris

if i pulled up to a VMOA meet/ride id feel ashamed if i had a UFO t shirt on

Perhaps this UFO T-shirt would be more appropriate under the circumstances Matt.

ufo t shirt.jpg

I dunno..........I'm just sayin'..........:hmmm:

I feel like a broken record and I'm sure people are sick of hearing it, but SCREW IT! I'm going to bitch until the cows come home!

lol

Chris

Ok Chris, if it'll get you to shussh up.............here you go..DETLEFSEN 007_F.jpg

Consider them as good as at home. Go now, and rest quietly. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back