UFO Sponsored Drag day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there going to be any dash for cash bracket race held at this event? What if we all put in $100.00 with a payback 4 places?

Avg hmmm 65 people sign up.

Pot= $6500.00

Winner= $4500.00
Runners up= $ 1000.00
Qaurter Finalist= 500.00

Than I may break even on this trip paying for gas, food, lodging and other expenses.

Some of us are worried about having the funds to make the trip and you want to bet on races? Give me a break

Frank

Thats what I am saying, with fuel cost as high as they are these days along with other expenses of traveling. I figured we all would have a chance to win some of our money towards the trip. I am sorry as much as I would like to come to the event, I cant afford to spend 600.00 + just to say hi and drag race my bike. If I knew there was a chance to win some money while I beat on my bike I would highly consider making the trip.
But thanks for your valued opinion Frank, so I am handing you a break as you asked for.

:surprise: 4Gasem short on founds! Now I know the economy is screwed and we're in a recession!

j/k

LOL... No silly... I'm short on FUNDS... My pup has had some issues and sapped me for over 700 bucks in the last few weeks and my new car has sapped a few bucks as well... OH and I have a G/F that needs some dosh for some car work that she plans to pay back... It just ALL adds up to a lot. I'm still working and making it...:biglaugh:

Chris

Frank, Jeff, Chris (you're going you just don't realize it yet), and anyone else planning to attend that may want to trailer together give me an email with your addresses so I can plan the routes. Worst case I may need Frank to ride a bit to meet up with me on the way there.

Sean
[email protected]

Dang, ignore that email Sean, lol. I'm going but I don't think you want to swing up to pick me up! :ummm: 'll be riding down by myself from the U.P. of Michigan. I have family in the Flint area (about 4.5 hours from me and about 5 hours from Thompson Drag Strip) so it won't be too bad a ride.

Probably going up I35 to 75 then up to Nebraska (Omaha area). From there we'll take I80 straight out.

Sean

Sean,
So I'll be in Wichita from Monday the 14th through Friday. I'm not sure what time we want to leave on Friday, but I am planning on staying at the Marriott in Old Town through Thursday night. If you want to leave Thursday maybe we could stay the night in Oamaha?... maybe that isn't needed. We can stay the night (Friday?) at my place if needed or try to make it a little farther, maybe into Illinois if we want.

Chris, are you going?

As far as coming back, I was thinking about spending a day with a buddy who lives in Pittsburgh. I can get a one way return flight from Pittsburgh to Moline, IL for a little over $100.

Sean, if you are willing to drop my bike off, (maybe at Chris' in the quad cities?) that shouldn't be too far out of the way for you. Also, were you planning on trying to drive back to Wichita in one day or did you want to spend the night at our house on the way home? I suppose it also depends on what time we get done on Sunday as well.

My number is 319-461-8969 if anyone else wants to call and try to make/schedule plans.

Jeff
Let's get on the phone later tonight and try to make some plans.

Sounds good. I am thinking we need to leave Friday morning. Pick up Frank mid morning/ early afternoon, and then make your place by that evening. From there we should have no problems making it the rest of the way and picking up whoever we need to.

I have no problem leaving your bike where ever you need me to. I am off on Monday but do work on Tuesday. I figure we can probably make most of the drive back to your place Sunday evening after getting dinner with who ever makes the event. It will be a long night but then that only leaves me getting back to home in one day which is easily doable.

Sean
316-619-8411

Sean, I'm guessing Frank will hook up with you somewhere on I-80 near Council Bluffs. Instead of me mailing you the old breather parts and $20 to you I can just hand them off to you in person? I also have your caliper adapters.

Sean,
So I'll be in Wichita from Monday the 14th through Friday. I'm not sure what time we want to leave on Friday, but I am planning on staying at the Marriott in Old Town through Thursday night. If you want to leave Thursday maybe we could stay the night in Oamaha?... maybe that isn't needed. We can stay the night (Friday?) at my place if needed or try to make it a little farther, maybe into Illinois if we want.

Chris, are you going?

As far as coming back, I was thinking about spending a day with a buddy who lives in Pittsburgh. I can get a one way return flight from Pittsburgh to Moline, IL for a little over $100.

Sean, if you are willing to drop my bike off, (maybe at Chris' in the quad cities?) that shouldn't be too far out of the way for you. Also, were you planning on trying to drive back to Wichita in one day or did you want to spend the night at our house on the way home? I suppose it also depends on what time we get done on Sunday as well.

My number is 319-461-8969 if anyone else wants to call and try to make/schedule plans.

Jeff
Let's get on the phone later tonight and try to make some plans.

No sir... I can't make this one... Funds are LOW!:baby:

Is there a consensus hotel people are staying at or is everyone on their own? I have no idea of good/bad areas in Cleveland

Ok Sean,

I was seriously thinking about backing out... I'm just friggin broke. But since money bags Chris used that excuse (Just kiddin Chris) I can't let Jeff have all the fun!! I will sleep wherever there is room for my fat ass, truck, trailer...whatever.
So can we get a rundown on a rough schedule? I am off the thurs before and just have to be back weds by 8 am. I will ride up and meet you in Council Bluffs or wherever you like.

Let me know

Frank

I am thinking we are leaving early friday (not too dang early). Not sure of the drive time but if we left by 8-9 it shows a 5 hour drive. I don't remember if you are closer to lincoln because we could go by there too. Won't be a bad trip out but it will be a lot of driving home. I am thinking we will eat dinner after the drags and start back. Maybe drop Jeff off and then his bike. Pull over for the engine or just hard core drive it back home. I've got to be home and ready for work at 6:00 am tuesday (leaving again on friday so have to put some time in here anyway).

Sean

I can throw a rock and hit I80 at home in Lincoln or at my work shop where the bike is at. I can meet you anywhere you want along hwy 75 or 80 or whatever.

Frank

Lincoln won't really be out of the way so it sounds like that's a better place to pick you up. Shows 4.5 hours time. So, let's plan on meeting you and getting some lunch (maybe something fast and easy). Email me all your contact and address info. Whichever place is easier to get that big ass trailer into works for me or even a good place to get lunch nearby and have you ride over there.

Sean

Back