USD triple options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score

Attachments

• VmaxThug1[1].jpg
    VmaxThug1[1].jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 314
  • 270420091085[1].jpg
    270420091085[1].jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
He is the guy that is going to do mine... 2 weeks from now they'll be in the miller... and not miller light... he he

Has anyone ever created a COMPLETE list of what's needed to convert a stock max over to USD's? Would be cool to be able to accurately search, buy and assemble the project to a finish while avoiding the pit falls and hassles of such a drastic change.

Sent from my DROID2

Has anyone ever created a COMPLETE list of what's needed to convert a stock max over to USD's? Would be cool to be able to accurately search, buy and assemble the project to a finish while avoiding the pit falls and hassles of such a drastic change.

Sent from my DROID2

The problem is that there are a ton of options.

Do you want to use your vmax wheel or a sportbike wheel
Custom triples or use the lower from the donor forks with vmax stem and custom top
Extensions or not (most likely needed)
Whose triples if youre going for a full set (coo, otec, billet bits, etc....)
What forks- R1 GSXR Busa TL

I'm looking at using a complete '08 Busa front. Here is the list of what I need from the busa

forks
wheel with spacers and axle
rotors
calipers
master cylinder
fender

on top of all that I would need custom triples, fork extensions, longer brake lines, and a new electronic speedo.

Unless you can find custom triples real cheap, it is an expensive mod.

Sent from my DROID2

I have made more then 1 conversion...but i didnt make any list :rofl_200:
Everything is inside my head LOL ok i have some drawnings of yokes :biglaugh:

Its all about falls and hassless - its not easy and you will not get any shorty :biglaugh:
Unless you will pay coupla grands...

wow i pressed that link.... and i see my bike. i bought cycle One - Off triple kit with extensions. xexe i am very happy my bike on the front page. Sweet.
Your bike sure does look great! I'm sure Tom is very happy he has such a awesome example that can showcase his front end parts!:clapping:

Your bike sure does look great! I'm sure Tom is very happy he has such a awesome example that can showcase his front end parts!:clapping:

REDBONE here in greece it is very difficult to customize a v-max. YOU CANT BUY ANYTHING FROM GREECE BECAUSE NOTHING EXISTS. I am honored that i saw my bike on the website, i have from the day i bought it more than 40.000 euros. i know it sound to many. but believe me with 2 front changes ,2 bored engines and etc i could write all day) i have spend more than 40.000 euros. in greece. if i knew from the begining what i should do with the bike from the first day i bought it i am sure i could save about 10000 euros. i can see shops is the U.S that have more v-max's in the front door of their shop that all there in greece. i took 2 loans for this bike. this year they end. if all good . next year i have some thoughts of what i can do. xexe. i realy feel honored of what i saw.
SATARIEL i have a complete frond end of gsxr 1000 K1-K2 with BRAKING radial master 19 x 18 , and chromed rim

SATARIEL yes. stock spirngs and vlaving for gsxr 1000 k1 - k2. all i had the forks soften as i could because they felt like rock. i dont know many things about revalving and i could use some advise on that . if i have to do something with my forks and if i do it in greece i HAVE TO SAY TO THE MAN WHO WILL DO IT E X A C T L Y what i want other else it will be like i throw my money away. i feel like it would be better if i can make them softer .. a friend of mine has a R1 front end end it is lot softer and lot prodectibable...

SATARIEL yes. stock spirngs and vlaving for gsxr 1000 k1 - k2. all i had the forks soften as i could because they felt like rock. i dont know many things about revalving and i could use some advise on that . if i have to do something with my forks and if i do it in greece i HAVE TO SAY TO THE MAN WHO WILL DO IT E X A C T L Y what i want other else it will be like i throw my money away. i feel like it would be better if i can make them softer .. a friend of mine has a R1 front end end it is lot softer and lot prodectibable...

Similar situation than her in the Philippines.
Although I finally found a good mechanic and got some help from good guys here :punk:
Saying that, I didn't do heavy mod like you (engine, front, etc...)
But I know the way you feel :p

What seems to bo stiff, rebound, compression or both?
Or maybe to hard spring which feels like you will be rindind with wood sticks??

You can buy a gold valve kit from racetech or you can ajust compression and rebound valves by yourself.

First one is very simple, just contact the Racetech, tell them what setup you are running and what you would like to get?
Tell them you have swaped forks from gsxr and the bike wet weight is...
They will choose the gold rebound and/or compression set/s and also they will recommend the springs.

Second way you will need to play with shims by yourself.
There are two pistons per one fork leg, one solid at the bottom which regulates the compression damping force and second piston movable mounted on the rod which regulates the rebound damping force.

So the ajusting screw on the top of the fork leg regulates the rebound and the ajusting screw placed close to the wheel axle regulates the compression.

Each piston/valve coitains about 20 shims, varies OD and thickness.
This looks like christmas tree, smaller OD shims rgulates diffrent ranges of valving characteristics and larger ones regulates another part of the range.
Its simple.

You can buy the wrecked forks, disassemble them and resuse the shims.

Add some shims to increase or remove shims to decrease the damping force.

This is exactly what Racetech will sell you but of course in more profesional way.
Its also exactly the same as would any suspension guru will do.

Back