USD triple options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
both seems to make my forks like rock
i have both set the compresion and the rebound to the softest i could get. once i tweak or dumping or rebound some clicks to hard , the forks are like stick. imagine that both settings to the softer it still very stiff

The fed ex fairy visited me at work today. Just gotta figure out if its all worth the expense and time now. :confused2:

Attachments

• 2011-02-04_15-54-41_536.jpg
    2011-02-04_15-54-41_536.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 2011-02-04_16-05-45_538.jpg
    2011-02-04_16-05-45_538.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 31
Seller said busa, that is all I know. I took measurements and the tubes are 55mm OD at the bottom triple. Seems like busa and tl are the only ones with that measurement. They are only 715mm long from center of axle to top of fork cap.

IMHO all those coatings from JPN motorcycles manufacters comes form diffrent companies like Kayaba or so. I can bet all those coatings are related to Nikasil
or Ceramic and names like Diamond or Titanium are only for avoid paying for patents, or simply for not having the same technology.

I didt saw a Gold Suzuki coating for a while - good cuz it wasnt realible.

Anyway, those are for sure busa forks, mine zx10r are 50mm at the upper tree and 54mm at the lower tree.

Do you plan to reuse the busa tripple trees?

Also, do you plan to extend the legs?

both seems to make my forks like rock
i have both set the compresion and the rebound to the softest i could get. once i tweak or dumping or rebound some clicks to hard , the forks are like stick. imagine that both settings to the softer it still very stiff

If these are stock and they feel that stiff then something is wrong internally with them. I would disassemble and clean first and recheck. How much travel is there?

has anyone ever used suzuki marauder vz800 forks? they are upside down and fairily long. as it happens one came thru my garage yesterday so i had a quick chance to take some measurements... also yokes have a decent offset...
32in top to axle
22in fork tube
140.jpg

If these are stock and they feel that stiff then something is wrong internally with them. I would disassemble and clean first and recheck. How much travel is there?

solid forks = too much oil.
drain some, pump up and down 20 times, check for results.

IMHO all those coatings from JPN motorcycles manufacters comes form diffrent companies like Kayaba or so. I can bet all those coatings are related to Nikasil
or Ceramic and names like Diamond or Titanium are only for avoid paying for patents, or simply for not having the same technology.

I didt saw a Gold Suzuki coating for a while - good cuz it wasnt realible.

Anyway, those are for sure busa forks, mine zx10r are 50mm at the upper tree and 54mm at the lower tree.

Do you plan to reuse the busa tripple trees?

Also, do you plan to extend the legs?

No, i am not planning on using the busa trees.
Yes, I am thinking of using extensions and triples with a 1.5" or 2" drop

Seller said busa, that is all I know. I took measurements and the tubes are 55mm OD at the bottom triple. Seems like busa and tl are the only ones with that measurement. They are only 715mm long from center of axle to top of fork cap.

R1 has also 55mm lower and 50mm upper

Back