V-max W/ Vrod headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradyMitchell

Reaction score
hey i was wondering if any body had pic of their max w/ the vrod headlight mod. i bet it looks good and i know it has been done but have yet to be able to find any pictures.

I posted in MODS, and I'm not getting the eye traffic. To pull off this VRSC headlight install, I just need the bucket, no other H.D. hardware? Which H4 relay kit is the one to go with?

Alf

I posted in MODS, and I'm not getting the eye traffic. To pull off this VRSC headlight install, I just need the bucket, no other H.D. hardware? Which H4 relay kit is the one to go with?

Alf

all i did was bought generic fork brackets from ebay , then wired it up. no relay kit for me and i haven't had any problems.

I've got a fork brace on already. Is there a particular year or years of the VROD light that are preferable. In other words, some lenses have a dark circle manufactured in the center of the lens, do all of the lenses resemble that style, or are some years clear?

So I'd want the bucket, and no additional Harley hardware like brackets and such?

Last edited:
I've got a fork brace on already. Is there a particular year or years of the VROD light that are preferable. In other words, some lenses have a dark circle manufactured in the center of the lens, do all of the lenses resemble that style, or are some years clear?

So I'd want the bucket, and no additional Harley hardware like brackets and such?
I'm talking about the headlight brackets to hold your light on that attach to the forks, not a fork brace.
once you have those all you need is the light, no additional hardware needed.
Really not sure about what years have the dark circle, mine is clear and all i did was put different bulbs in. i bought mine on ebay for $200. i'm sure you could ask if its clear or not before you buy.

Last edited:
I sold my old kit to this guy when i went black and inverted. attached is a mock up pic i did for him. heres a pic of my bike
this is more or less the setup i desire, cept with black scoops with chrome grills then i will be a happy vmaxer:clapping: but first i have to get the vmax lol :bang head:

it looks like the headlight is attached with clamps to the forks, where would i go about getting a set of brackets?

Those brackets may work for you but I think the double-bolted style would work better. I guess you could drill another hole for another bolt. I passed on that style for the double-bolt style which they don't offer, from another eBay source.

They do have an inexpensive 7" round steel shell/bezel/lens & bulb assy. for about $70 US shipped.

They fit a max of 40mm diameter forks. I believe the Max is either 41mm or 43mm depending on year.

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I wonder if these adapters listed on ebay will work to attach a vrod headlight to a 86 gen1 vmax?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-F...22?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a266fe1ba

I used those for a while till I found these http://www.whaccessories.com/images/GSGTurnSignalBracket.jpg

those ones from ebay are to long in length, so you would have to cut them to make your light fit in snug.

I found that the turn signal brackets worked great for me

On that v-rod headlight, is that upper half for high beam and lower for normal or how it is ment to work? I guess only one half is lit with normal beam?

EDIT: Got it, upper for normal and lower for high beam..

Last edited:
Back