Vmax Air Boxes and my thoughts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, after reading all the posts I guess I can explain what Sean is building for me. He is forming the sides of the faux tank to the aftermarket scoops I am running and adding air intakes to the sides of the faux tank as well. Sean is also going to be putting linked butterflies into the inlets of the intakes that will be linked to the throttle linkage. I am looking at ways to plumb the inlets to the tops of the flatslide carbs with an internal cone shaped K&N filter to provide some dust protection. Going to have to put in some sort of bypass around the butterflies to ensure that I don't choke the carbs at idle too. Some engineering needs to be done, but I am really confident it can be done. Won't be a true ram air system due to the location of the inlets, but will look wicked and should have a nice induction howl at high rpms!!:punk::punk::clapping::clapping::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

for sure that will sound sweet wide open...... cant wait to see that one........

Garrett, carbs are easier to tune. :)

EFI is great when you stay at the same elevation etc. Going from home to Thunder and going up 1500ft or more caused me grief this weekend. High rpm and wide open throttle, worked great, taking of from a stop became an adventure!!! Worked a deal to get a good set of Keihn flatslides from Sean so going to give those a shot. Besides my Mod Monkey was getting pissy from the lack of mods going on. Have to appease the hairy beast sometimes.....:rofl_200:

Going to have to put in some sort of bypass around the butterflies to ensure that I don't choke the carbs at idle too.

Well there's don't let them close totally, or Take a tip from flatslides and have a cutoff or drill some idle air holes in the butterflies. Instead of a big, noticeable hole, a few smaller ones should hide nicely if the butterflies are a dark color.

Well there's don't let them close totally, or Take a tip from flatslides and have a cutoff or drill some idle air holes in the butterflies. Instead of a big, noticeable hole, a few smaller ones should hide nicely if the butterflies are a dark color.

Good idea! Will drill 6 small holes or something to that affect in the butterflies so I don't choke the carbs. A little bit of engineering to do to get them plumbed to the carbs once I get everything in one place and can start mocking it up.

Ive been on a similiar thought train. I plan on switching to a Morley jet kit soon and dont mine cool air flowin into my motor AT ALL!

I already have fuctional velocity stacks coming through th top of the tank feeding the stock airbox but i wanna step it up using a "Hypercharger" from Kuryakin kinda like Wakan did on this bike...

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 29
A guy I knew had one on his Harley, he tried talking me into buying one for my chopper. I liked my intake as it was, but I have to say, it was a pretty cool piece.

Latest posts

Back