VMOA Topeka Dyno event!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! Nothing like a 4 and a half day heads up! :biglaugh:

I bought new allen head screws for my diaphragm covers today too. Should be good to go!

Chris

Cool. Maybe this year we won't have to go looking for fuel filters right Sean? lol

I am???

That's it Mark!! I hope you are bringing a gas mask... I'm hitting sushi Thursday...haha

Don't get worried Mark... You know I only have eyes for you!

That's why my brother doesn't go anymore. He had to sleep on the floor to get under your green haze.

I'll be coming down Saturday in the AM alone, Janette's not going now. I have an extra bed for that night if anybody doesn't have a room yet.

PLEASE Mark... He lived with you as a child I know he's smelled worse...lol

Man a guy has a little bout with gas and he never hears the end of it!

Face it John aint going cause his HD is scared...haha

Seriously though I wish he was going...he's good people. Your dad too.

Frank

PLEASE Mark... He lived with you as a child I know he's smelled worse...lol

Man a guy has a little bout with gas and he never hears the end of it!

Face it John aint going cause his HD is scared...haha

Seriously though I wish he was going...he's good people. Your dad too.

Frank

Well, I just had the "all you can eat wings" last night at a local bar and washed them down with a few Buds..... Chris is going to FREAK.... nothing like sitting in a truck for 6 hours with guy that has a rotten ass.... good times!

Jeff

Luckly I survived the trip with Jeff and we made it here safe. Met up with the group last night and are about to head out for a ride and some grub.

So far everyone has been great. Even Frank.:biglaugh:

Yeah great meeting you guys... Jeff rocked!!

Chris? Well he was ok... we were all taking bets to see if he would flip out if we hid his tape...lol

Had a great time guys we need to do it again.

Frank

Wished I could have made it, although I don't think Chris could handle both Jeff and I in the same vehicle for any length of time. :D

I'm starting question if this thread should be moved to the "Exhaust" section.

I wish I could have made it. I will plan for it next year for sure. So, come on, what were everyone's numbers? How was the weather? Did Chris find his tape? Let's here about it.

Hubeer had about 165 at the rear wheel with NOS. Chris had 122 with his stage 1 kit and then 124 after Morley kit install. His main is one size too rich so that will go up a little when he swaps for 155 mains. Raging main did 130/82 ft/lbs with his new Venture 1300 engine. KC Max did pretty well but had some ignition cutout at the higher rpms. Morley did about 165 rwhp with his new 1500 cc engine. Hulign did about 132/82 and Heretic did over 120 if I remember right. Frosty had about 114 I think but when dropping his main jet he lost 10 hp somehow. It could be a worn clutch. KellieLu did well with over 112 rwhp with Kerker slip-ons. Her main man Dinkleman did 120 rwhp with his Mark's exhaust and stage 7. Sam did about 118 with his Supertrapps...same as last year. I asked what he did to keep that number and he said "I beat the shit out of it". Chris aka Ski wasn't able to come on Sunday so he scheduled an appt for Saturday afternoon. We hooked up with him around 12:30 or so. His bike with the new UFO Dragstar exhaust and Morley Muscle kit put down 120 rwhp. His fuel curve was flatter than Nancy Reagan's chest. I hear by request that Ski's bike be named The Headache. When he went blowing by while Frosty and I were at Burger King....inside......I got a headache his exhaust was so freakin loud! It sounded damn good though. Chris, good luck with the MP's :)

I didn't dyno mine. Luck wasn't with me this weekend so I wanted to cut my loses. My final diff crapped out and then I dumped my bike in the Holiday Inn Express parking lot. "But I did stay at a H.I.E last night" my ass. I want to thank Frosty for letting me borrow his Venture rear end while I waited for my replacement. Thanks also to Fargo aka Ragingmain for selling me his Vmax pumpkin. Lastly, thanks to Sean for the spare shift lever and to his parents for the wonderful lunch feast. BTW, if you were at the even please write a short blip on the lunch for Rex and Phylis Morley. Every year he comes up and BBQ's in the heat and I know he would be tickled if we told him how much we appreciate his time and hard work. Make sure you sign your blip. Once I have everything I'll forward to Sean and he can forward to his dad. Thanks!

It was great seeing everybody. Thanks to Jeff for all the beer, much appreciated! Also thank to everyone helping me swap the final diff out....twice. lol

It was great to meet you all. Robert and I had a blast. He was a little worried that his Super Magna would not be welcomed or run well with us. But I knew that wouldn't be a problem. Anyway just wanted to say.......... Thanks for the brews Jeff & Frosty. Thanks for the 147 mains Sean. Thanks for runnin with me up to 140 mph Chris. "I know, I'll get the shake fixed" And thanks to everybody that was there to make it a good time and was a bad influence on how to spend more money on my 07. Looking forward to next year.

It was great to meet you all. Robert and I had a blast. He was a little worried that his Super Magna would not be welcomed or run well with us. But I knew that wouldn't be a problem. Anyway just wanted to say.......... Thanks for the brews Jeff & Frosty. Thanks for the 147 mains Sean. Thanks for runnin with me up to 140 mph Chris. "I know, I'll get the shake fixed" And thanks to everybody that was there to make it a good time and was a bad influence on how to spend more money on my 07. Looking forward to next year.

I knew I forgot somebody. Great meeting you Clay. It was great putting faces to the aliases. And thanks for not making fun of me when I tipped over. :)

As always it was a great time. Still didn't put down the numbers I was hoping for but still pretty good. The bike I am taking to ohio put down 127hp which is pretty respectable. The 1500 did well but I want to do some more exhaust work and see if it picks up any.

Sean

Thanks to everyone who had a part in setting this up and for those who were able to make it. I had a great time meeting, riding, and tossing back a few cold ones with everyone! To be fair, Sean had the highest HP bike there, I know that Mark said I was around 165, but I was actually at 164 with the funny gas, and Sean actually had a 165 run with the motor alone, so I wanted to make sure that was clear.

I do want to thank Sean, Mark, Sean's parents, Topeka HD, the dyno guy (he was GREAT, I would really like to get him a plaque or something else for the time he spent with us in that hot room)

Highlights from the trip:
I let a woman ride my bike for the first time and was probably more confident in her riding abilities than I am with mine.... Thanks Kellie!

I didn't lay my bike over (or my brother-in-law's), so I think that means Mark buys supper for everyone next time?

I got a ride back to the hotel from a female stranger while picking up beverages.

I got a new GenII VMax brochure.

Another highlight was NOT seeing Naked Man.... naked

Meeting some great people and seeing some sweet bikes.

I look forward to riding with you all again soon.

Jeff

I knew I forgot somebody. Great meeting you Clay. It was great putting faces to the aliases. And thanks for not making fun of me when I tipped over. :)

Likewise Mark! You sure didn't have much luck did you. But in the end it all worked out. Thank goodness for all the motorheads that were there. Including yourself :eusa_dance: I gotta say, this group sure didn't mind tearing into their Vmax without even questioning it. Quite impressive to say the least:clapping:

I think this year was the best year I've been so far! I met so many awesome people and had a great time! I definitely got a lot more confident riding a VMAX (and think my husband has more confidence in my riding skills now also). :biglaugh:

There was so much VMAX knowledge in one spot it was a bit frightening! Thank you Sean for having parts and pieces there for all of us. That really came in handy. Thanks to Jeff and everyone that helped out the dyno guy so much!

Mom & Dad Morley, the food was AWESOME as usual. You two are the best for doing that for everyone! I thought the potatoe salad was AWESOME! Sean can you find out what brand it was and email me.

I was happy with the numbers my bike turned out since there wasn't much added to it to increase anything from stock. I don't know how happy my neighbors are going to be with the noise from my "new cans" but as long as mama's happy!

Again, it was great to meet so many new people and hope we all stay in touch. I'm thinking the NE peeps should make a trip to Des Moines and hook up with the IA craziness again! Maybe I'll get a chance to try out the nitrous on Jeff's bike sometime. :eusa_dance:

Thanks again Mark, Sean and all for your input and help!!!

If you guys do hit up Des Moines it'd be silly for me not to show. I'll be at the next Topeka event as long as I'm not dead or close. :D

Back