VMOA Topeka Dyno event!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Check the Sunday, June 22 date on the Calendar for more info.

Update! I talked with my parents last night and they wanted to know when the event was so they could start planning. After doing some discussion with them they are still willing to come down and grill for us.

Is everyone still up for that?!

I think I am going to buy a small grill and leave it in my big trailer anyway. Should save a lot of the head ache we had last year.

Sean Morley

Let us know... I'm going... I think Chris is going, I'm sure we can drag Dustin along... And Sean... you better bring a big grill... I'm gonna be hungry!

Jeff

Update! I talked with my parents last night and they wanted to know when the event was so they could start planning. After doing some discussion with them they are still willing to come down and grill for us.

Is everyone still up for that?!

I think I am going to buy a small grill and leave it in my big trailer anyway. Should save a lot of the head ache we had last year.

Sean Morley

Sean, sounds great! Tell your folks we really appreciate what they do!

I'll send an email to the group tonight letting everyone know the change in lunch plans.

Let us know... I'm going... I think Chris is going, I'm sure we can drag Dustin along... And Sean... you better bring a big grill... I'm gonna be hungry!

Jeff

Oh and a big cooler cause this man loves his beer!

lol OK maybe Root Beer for this event...:whistlin:

I should be there... Back permitting though.

Come on Chris!! Thats why they make Vicadin (sp?) I take some with me for my back every year...Hell I didn't even need it last year... The beer helped...lol

On the way back following Deb in the rain at STOOPID speeds I didn't even think about my back... about all the wrong decisions I have made in my life yes but not my back.

Frank

Oh and a big cooler cause this man loves his beer!

lol OK maybe Root Beer for this event...:whistlin:

I should be there... Back permitting though.

Hey Chris
I am going to be there, picking up the new engine from Sean. Let me what pain killers you want, got a whole bunch from the surgery plus I have another one to go through to remove the temp hardware. Then again I am sure you have your own :eusa_dance:

Cheers
Fargo

I haven't taken a Vicodin for over 30 hours now and am going to TRY to go without. If I'm in pain it'll help me regulate my activities. That being said, I keep one in my pocket just in case...

lol

The decomp must be working... Just completed my 16th day and will continue until we see more recovery.

Cheers

My wife gets a scrip for 1080 10/325 Norco (vicodin) every three months......She has lupus, and a lot of other crap that goes with it.

She doesn't take but maybe a third of them tho'...

What her doctor told her is that someone that is truly in long term, life-long, never-ending, and never-to-cease pain is no more addicted to pain medication than a diabetic is addicted to Insulin.

Don't beat yourself up over taking it if you need it...

I'm looking forward to coming to Topeka. Just getting to meet all you guys is worth the drive. I plan to be there the 22nd for sure. I am in the middle of finding out on a position change at work so my schedule may flip from the 4 days I am on and off but I will be there either way it turns out. Hope to make it up for Sat as well but can't promise that yet. Is anyone bringing the old ladies or is this just a day for us guys to hang out? Also I have decided to haul the vmax for this trip if I come just for Sunday but we will see as time gets closer. It is about a 6 hr ride one way for me from here.
All the food ideas are fantastic!!
See ya in Topeka !!!

I'm still going to try to come to this guys... It's up to the doctor though. I need to get back on my diet and start working out again. :eusa_dance:

I want to go to Bobo's drive in, in Topeka. I saw it on Food Channel yesterday.:biglaugh:

As of now my wife is coming also, and there have been other wives/girlfriends in the past, so the more the better. Looking forward to meeting you all.

As of now my wife is coming also, and there have been other wives/girlfriends in the past, so the more the better. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Didn't you read that their trying to make this a no woman event? Well that's what Sean and Mark said...:confused2:

LOL

It won't be a Party without the girls!!! We just cant speed off and leave them... That didn't go over so good last time. Although last year I came the whole way back chasing Deb's exhaust trail. That girl was crazy in the rain!

Frank

I got an email last night from Kent Clawson the dyno operator. He's having a hernia operation on May 29 so he won't be able to lift anything over 5 lbs for the event. To keep everything on schedule I volunteered to help him in the dyno. He can only operate the computer.

I got an email last night from Kent Clawson the dyno operator. He's having a hernia operation on May 29 so he won't be able to lift anything over 5 lbs for the event. To keep everything on schedule I volunteered to help him in the dyno. He can only operate the computer.

Well I would rather be there when mine is being strapped down so it doesn't get F'd up some how anyway. Strapping wheels and such. I like my paint ON the bike...:biglaugh:

Sean's bringing me a stage 6.5 kit so I should be golden.

Mark,
I would also be willing to help out as needed.... I wouldn't mind getting there a little early to do some riding around with anyone else that will be there early. Will there be any places to camp or are hotels the best bet?

Chris, I'm not sure what your plans are but let's start talking about some plans.

Mark,
I would also be willing to help out as needed.... I wouldn't mind getting there a little early to do some riding around with anyone else that will be there early. Will there be any places to camp or are hotels the best bet?

Chris, I'm not sure what your plans are but let's start talking about some plans.

I'll call you!

I am tentatively coming. By that I mean if my back remains the same. I wouldn't mind leaving here on Friday AM early. I say you ride to my house on Thursday night stay over, wake up and go! Nathan sounds interested but it's a bit harder for him to up and leave.

Chris

Oh and I need to talk to you about making a breather setup that works and looks good. Lets do something between now and then. I can and will get stainless fittings and such.

Thanks Jeff!

I'm not sure about camp grounds but I can email Kent to see what he thinks if you wish.

We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express on SW Robinson street.

Back