Want running lights AND blinkers with your aftermarket LED signals up front?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdoprey

Reaction score
From what i've found, most of the aftermarket LED signals are only a two wire setup, which does not allow the use of the factory running lights. Someone may have a fix for this but i was unable to find it in my searching. Anyway, i used a tail light "integrator" that i purchased at AutoZone for like $15 or so bucks. Its small enough to tuck in the headlight bucket. I wired the "car" side to factory harness. Left and right blinker goes to factory wires feeding those. The BRAKE wire on the integrator goes to the factory running light feed(blue wire on my 89). The ground for both blinkers goes directly to the ground on the factory harness. The Right blinker/brake goes to the right blinker, and the Left blinker/brake goes to the left blinker. Tada! Works like a charm.

Attachments

• 100_1296.jpg
    100_1296.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_1297.jpg
    100_1297.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_1298.jpg
    100_1298.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 40
Nice.... I did a similar mod a while back with my integrated mirrors/turn signals. I used two additional relays and the wiring was a little tricky, but I finally got it.... both relays fit in the headlight, but the clicking is pretty annoying.

Back