What are my options for a rear fender?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice fab work on the tail! Bro's got some skills Garrett, both your brother and your bikes look great! I'm really stating to like the blacked out look!:punk:

I just received the shortie fender. I realized that it doesn't just mount to the frame. From looking at the microfiches it looks like I need the grab bar to install it. Is the grab bar the only piece needed to attach the rear fender to the frame? I don't have any of the stock rear fender pieces including the grab bar or hardware so I have no idea what I actually need.

Other than the grab bar you will not need the inner fender support with the Eactrep shortie fender. The shortie fender material feels quite stout so the three bolts into the grab bar is all that needed. What taillight are you going to run?

I got the LED tail with it. ITS SICK! Love the new fender. I agree with you 100% that the thing feels stout. Not a bad deal for the price and quick shipping from the UK to Florida. Took about a week.

Is it the cat eye LED unit? If so then it's what I got with mine, along with a CBR unit. I had another taillight like it and its a nice unit, just too bad I shorted it out in a misguided attempt at modding it!!:bang head:

Sounds like the same one I had....yes, real attractive but not really the brightest in the daytime so I put a reflector to LED conversion in and two 4" LED light bars from Custom Dynamics...and changed the rear two wire directionals to OEM 3 wire and had the running light option in the rear as well as the front. (illegal in some states I heard) :confused2: But gave me the added hi-vis I wanted.

Running lights in the rear are legal in all states as long as they are red as far as I know. Nothing orange in rear is legal except turn signals in Illinois and many other states.

US DOT allows yellow rear turn signals (the so-called 'Euro' turn signals). when they are flashing & the red brake lights are activated, there is less-chance of them being mistaken for front signal lights & there is no headlight between them, which would of-course indicate a bike coming towards you as-opposed to a bike's rear in-front of you.

I like the Signal Dynamics license plate surround w/top & bottom red LED light bars & amber ones on ea. side which you can use for turn signals.

I have made up a custom setup for my brakes. The grab bar reflector and plastic and mounting hardware are replaced with a led mounted is a aluminum piece fitted to where the reflector and mount was. It is a running and brake light. I made up a lower taillight consisting of 3 Custom Dynamic "knight rider" led that is made up of 12 super bright leds. These lights are programable for a flashing brake alert (5x) then solid on. I have the top and bottom units programmed to go solid on as soon as the brake is pressed and the center one flashes 5x then soliid on. I'm sure it is a bit of annoyance to anyone following me but just as long as they notice my brakes lights I'm ok with that. Here is a picture from a couple years ago showing how they shine in sunlight:
Running lights:
IMG_1196.jpg
Brakes:
Brakes in daylight.jpg
I reconfigured the lower brake light to fit up higher in the fenders "duck bill" in a effort to give more clearance to the tire:
IMG_1721.jpg IMG_1748.jpg

I really like that setup. I'll end up doing something similar but have have an additional itch to split the turn signals and sneak those under the fender and in my scoops for the front.

I'd keep the typical signals as well but go with shorter stems and smaller lights if I had the additional lights to help out.

Plus lit scoops look awesome, and I think it'd be a nice bonus if I can make them functional as front signals as well.

Back