What are my options for a rear fender?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMechEng

Reaction score
The previous owner chopped up a rear fender from a sports bike and did a terrible job installing it on the 86 Vmax. I don't want to go back to stock but don't want to spend 300+ dollars. Are there any good options for a rear fender that aren't ridiculously priced? Thanks!

Exactrep do a 'shortie' style (#4a) for $95.31 + shipping and local taxes.

I have one fitted to mine and can confirm the quality and fits where it should.

That's the price range I was looking for. That looks pretty sweet too! Like your bike! I wonder how shipping will be to the states? Thanks.

First class quality, I had one on my '99....shipping was very reasonable but that was a few years ago. Email them, they'll quote shipping for you.

Only issue I had was I moved the plate down to an axle mount and mud & road crap would get all over my back and even land on the front fender....I think using the plate like a mud flap would probly prevent that.

I have the Exactrep shorty on mine too and I love it, looks much much better. You do lose the metal reinforcement under the fender so lose a little weight too :)

Mine also came with the Exactrep oval LED rear light which looks awesome I think and goes well with my LED blinkers - check it out in my latest album. I rattlecan painted it too to match the rest of my bodywork - it came naked as black plastic.

As far as the taillight goes I've been thinking about going with this just for the awesome factor.

z5hjM.jpg

71ZV9.gif

$400 for a brake light is pretty intense though. Anybody ever get or seen one?
http://www.monstermax.com/

Q: What are the fenders made out of? My guess is plastic of some sort. I have an Exactrep shortie but thinking I will need a longer fender to keep crap from flinging all over me and Redbone. I want to "adjust" the curve of the fender to better match my tire that has the 3" extended swingarm.

The previous owner chopped up a rear fender from a sports bike and did a terrible job installing it on the 86 Vmax. I don't want to go back to stock but don't want to spend 300+ dollars. Are there any good options for a rear fender that aren't ridiculously priced? Thanks!

I have a very small blemish on my 2003, so I looked into buying paint, but found it cheaper to by a new rear fender already painted in the original color. I paid about 160.00

I have an Exactrep shortie but thinking I will need a longer fender to keep crap from flinging all over me and Redbone. I want to "adjust" the curve of the fender to better match my tire that has the 3" extended swingarm.[/QUOTE]

oh quit crying , you ever heard of "Ridin Dirty" :rofl_200:

G

Q: What are the fenders made out of? My guess is plastic of some sort. I have an Exactrep shortie but thinking I will need a longer fender to keep crap from flinging all over me and Redbone. I want to "adjust" the curve of the fender to better match my tire that has the 3" extended swingarm.

I reckon with the extended swingarm you're prolly better off with the original length! I have one in really good nick in bright red orange if you're interested.. :biglaugh:

I ended up ordering that shortie fender with the LED brake light. I hope it gets here quick from the UK. I pulled my engine tonight and want to get the frame powder coated but need to make sure the fender fits properly as the previous owner did some chop and weld on that rear portion of the frame.

my brother made this one over the past couple weekends:

Attachments

• 534692_561097526923_1609556054_n[1].jpg
    534692_561097526923_1609556054_n[1].jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 61206_561097462053_1496852171_n[1].jpg
    61206_561097462053_1496852171_n[1].jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 75
thats your bike garrett or your bros???? looks like yours.......

His. i think mine was inspiration though...

hes got an 85 front and a 4.25 x 18 rear going on shortly.

Attachments

• IMAG0489.jpg
    IMAG0489.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMAG0997[1].jpg
    IMAG0997[1].jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 36
Back