What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received a genuine vmax back rest off Oz Ebay for $255 a couple of days ago and I fitted it today .Had a few small problems but nothing a hacksaw couldn't solve .And I have decided to modify the rear seat so that it will hinge and have a larger area to stick stuff in.And somehow make it lock down.Anything is possible.Cheers Kevman.

I received a genuine vmax back rest off Oz Ebay for $255 a couple of days ago and I fitted it today .Had a few small problems but nothing a hacksaw couldn't solve .And I have decided to modify the rear seat so that it will hinge and have a larger area to stick stuff in.And somehow make it lock down.Anything is possible.Cheers Kevman.
Exactrep makes a kit to do something similar, it may help with the design or just what your looking for. Here's the pic's.

Attachments

• seat-mech-click-here.jpg
    seat-mech-click-here.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 28
Had a close one today! This ass in a new F150 about got me changing lanes. I was in the left and he didn't want to get slowed by someone turning right, so over he came about 12" in front of me. Fortunately I was looking ahead and saw it coming and got out of the throttle just in time. I waved at him in his mirror and he had the balls to flip me off. Needless to say I scared the hell out of his wife/girlfriend when I got next to them and told him how I felt.

Well I was able to park the bike in the new garage, and then pull it out of the new garage, then put her back in the new garage. FYI I'm going from a 2-1/2 garage to this broom closet structure some would call a garage. Where to put everything:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Glad to hear you are allright Dustan, I have had a few do that to me as well. I however do not confront the idiot cager, only because I don't want to go to jail. My temper has got the better of me in the past, so it's easier to bitch-n-scream with my visor down.

I got to take it out for a ride this morning to petco to pick up some flea spray and carpet powder.
Damn cats are now officialy outside cats now.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Did a complete tune up on the max; oil/filter change, plugs, peashooter & shotgun treatments, sync carbs, as it showed signs of needing it.

All I can say is sometimes, you just nail it! :eusa_dance: Took the bike for a 300 mile ride around Manitoulin island and it ran beautifully.

Good Times!

Mike

Did a complete tune up on the max; oil/filter change, plugs, peashooter & shotgun treatments, sync carbs, as it showed signs of needing it.

All I can say is sometimes, you just nail it! :eusa_dance: Took the bike for a 300 mile ride around Manitoulin island and it ran beautifully.

Good Times!

Mike
I too did a sync as Redbone was feeling a little "off". It wasn't bad at all but I messed around for 10 min until all 4 carbs were reading exactly the same.
I dumped in a dose of seafoam (1st since leaving Danny's) and went for a 100 mile ride since it's forecast to rain the next few days.

Good Times!

Mike

Glad to hear the bike is running good! You coming to Parry Sound this weekend???? Hopefully Toxic will be up and running! :bang head: Guess this is my year to have problems:confused2:

Glad to hear the bike is running good! You coming to Parry Sound this weekend???? Hopefully Toxic will be up and running! :bang head: Guess this is my year to have problems:confused2:

Wife and I are heading down Saturday morning and staying for the day - should be a good day!

Mike

rode all weekend. had a blast.
now heading over to a buddies house. going to part out a 88 vmax.

Thanks Redbone that 's certainly gives me a better way to do it than what I had planned.Cheers Kevman.

not much on the vmax lately. been busy with the dirt bikes, picked up an xr250 this weekend and was busy doing some things on it:

re-did wiring
removed wheels, at shop for tires,
ordered, rotors/pads, chain/sprockets, kill switch, plug, air filter, decals
painted body flat black
ceramic painted headers and mufflers
cleaned carb (such a treat compared to a vmax) was leaking a bit out of overflow so we'll see if that helps. i'm thinking bad valve, found one from NZ for $10..

replaced shoes on the girls xr
replaced rear shock on my ttr

I rode over to Full Throttle to schedule some Dyno time. I said I would Dyno the Kerker and then Mark's 4into1 on my stock 88' and send copies to Sean and Mark. My bike was vibrating a little on the way there and back. Its always something isn't it. I bought a low mi. 2007 engine long block, intake, starter,ignitor unit ,wiring harness, regulator /rectifier. Would like to have had the carbs, but I guess they had already been sold. I'll call Morley's tomorrow and find out what else I need to go Digital.

Sounds like you got most of the stuff you need. You'll still need most of the relays (Including starter), sidestand switch, and misc. I think the only thing electrical that is the same is the neutral switch, oil level switch, vboost parts (black box and servo), coils, starter (heavier duty on the newer engine though), pressure sending unit, regulator (though the newer is heavier duty too), signals and lights. I think the fuel sending unit is the same and controls on the bars along with brake switch.

New grabrail last night! Man, its good to have a connection at the stealership!

Two words..... FIXED IT!! Finally have my charging issue fixed up and after a classic "Jim move" had to replace one of my pick-up wires (they are quite small and don't take stress well apparently LOL) have 13.8v at idle and up to 14v while riding!! WOOT!!:punk:

Two words..... FIXED IT!! Finally have my charging issue fixed up and after a classic "Jim move" had to replace one of my pick-up wires (they are quite small and don't take stress well apparently LOL) have 13.8v at idle and up to 14v while riding!! WOOT!!:punk:

So that means I'll see you at Sportbike in Parry Sound this weekend?

Mike

I started my gauge relocation project. I'm replacing the stock gauges with an Acewell 4353 combo from these guys. http://s3performance.com.au/ I'm test fitting the unit, looks like I'll need to fabricate some sort of mount from the existing speedo bracket.

The basic plan is to consolidate all of the gauges into this unit, and create a lockable storage space out of the existing housing (tach, water, lights) .

Moving the tach up to eye level with a shift light should make me feel a lot better when wind it up.

The new gauge has everything on the max and then some.
fuel --> level :)
oil level
temp x2
needle tach
shift light
digital tach
digital speed
ride time
total ride time
2 trip ODO
ODO
clock