What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking I need to start up a what did you do related to motorcycles thread in my morlyes muscle section. Might help me keep track of what we are doing! I need to make sure to get some DDS days in there too (didn't do shit).

Sean

I'm thinking I need to start up a what did you do related to motorcycles thread in my morlyes muscle section. Might help me keep track of what we are doing! I need to make sure to get some DDS days in there too (didn't do shit).

Sean

Good idea Sean, an easy way of keeping your shop on the pulse of Vmax repairs and mods.

Go back to my bike, first time since mid-May.. Turned the key - all lit up and the fuel pump clicked like crazy - that Panasonic battery is doing its job (sat for two months with no tender).
Hit the starter button for 5 secs.. turned off, back on, bit more fuel pump action, hit the starter again, vrooom!

Then I spent most afternoon riding in the sunshine, got caught by one shower and had to get the wet gear on, but it only lasted 10mns and then it got so hot I had to stop to take it all off again:)

Lovely day on the bike, what a rush it was almost like riding it for the first time again :))

Met Kelvin (VMOA pres) and took a short ride with him and his bro. Boy, his Max looks good - he's replaced damn near everything but the engine and frame.

Spent 4 hours today replacing my waterpump shaft seal. In my garage. With no fan. In 103 degree friggin heat. Sweating like MJ's doctors. But, I figure I lost a couple pounds, so I should be a little quicker. I'll top off the fluids tomorrow & hope for no leaks.:biglaugh:

put about 120 miles on her.. .love the muscle seat. brakes seem to be acting properly.

Going outside to puy on the shortened side stand that Fargo gave me last night. :worthy:
His bike is comming along great and is definatly a sight, a beautiful machine.:thumbs up:
I can`t wait to see it rollin` down the road.:eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:

I bought a 1985 V-max in febuary that had a few issues that I knew about. The bike looked good except the paint was bad and had wiring problems. I have replaced the wiring harness. painted the fenders & faux tank candy apple red, put UfO 4 into 2 slash cuts on it. The gears were stripped out in the vboost servo so I took the gears out of one that the motor was shot, and made one good servo out of two, then I found out the vboost controller was bad so I put an adjustable controller in (set it to 4750 rpm for the vboost). Replaced the drag bars with stock bars,replaced the fork seals and put progressive springs in. The clutch slave was leaking, re-sealed it and replaced the clutch line with a braided line, changed the oil and filter. Put a new ME 880 on the front & cleaned the carbs 3 times before getting them cleaned right. I started with 152.5 mains & 40 pilot jets. factory pro jet kit with titaniam needles clips are one from the top. I have rode it about 120 miles so far and it feels good, now ill get it to a dyno to see how close i am with the carbs. Im sorry there are no pics (I dont have a camera).

Rhoy

Installed the shortened side stand and it went without a hitch.
Thank you my good friend Fargo.:worthy:
Now I don`t have to worry about those "OH SHit" moments any more LOL>:rofl_200: The bike has a perfect lean angle and wont go over the other way if the bars are straight or turned the other way.:eusa_dance:

Last edited:
Going outside to puy on the shortened side stand that Fargo gave me last night. :worthy:
His bike is comming along great and is definatly a sight, a beautiful machine.:thumbs up:
I can`t wait to see it rollin` down the road.:eusa_dance:

Well Dave, got all the issues sorted out and it is time to ride. It sounds beautiful with the new cams.

I got it running today!!!!!!!!!!

Well Dave, got all the issues sorted out and it is time to ride. It sounds beautiful with the new cams.

I got it running today!!!!!!!!!!
Then we need to go for a ride man!!!!:eusa_dance::clapping:
I can`t wait to hear that lion roar.:rocket bike:
I wanted to go over to your place tomorrow (WED.) evening too, give me a call orP.M. me
<<Dave>>

Was running a little too lean in the mids for my taste, so I added another shim to the needle. Now pulls hard all the way through :clapping:

Rode mine to work as usual today, parked on the sidewalk out front. I caught a glimpse of someone running up toward where I parked, so I peaked round the corner. This kid was all kinds of happy taking pics of the Max :D Fun stuff

MEK dirt catcher in carbon. Wave rotor...you can kinda see it through the wheel.

Still waiting on my GSG levers to arrive from Germany.

3727047975_2f0e16afd5_b.jpg

MEK dirt catcher in carbon. Wave rotor...you can kinda see it through the wheel.

Still waiting on my GSG levers to arrive from Germany.

3727047975_2f0e16afd5_b.jpg

very nice. i'd love oen of those dirt catchers, what are they like $200? man. plus i remember noxx 's trouble. howd yours fit? your bike is getting sicker by the moment man! i'm still having some problems with my galfer but hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Latest posts

Back