What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did spend a couple of hours searching for the tree dial gauge mod
The mod that replace the two faux tank gauges (temp n`RPM) for tree gauges (temp, oil press, volt)

Try with searchV
going throught over 200 pages

:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

TBRNK do someone can help please

thank`s

I did A new personal best top speed on the gen II, 149 by the speedo, Im still trying to find out when it shuts down !

Got some time over the weekend. Tore it down again.
Gas tank has new o-ring, sealing washer, is cleaned out and installed. Swingarm is back on with driveshaft extension and driveshaft.
Forgot to put the big o-ring on the differential when I put it together for mock up. When I took it apart to put the o-ring in, I broke the plastic shroud. :bang head: Ordered a new one of those
Got new rotor bolts for the rear wheel, polished em up and got it all ready to go.
Cleaned up the front rotors, painted the carriers and installed them.
Reworked the tail light for some additional clearance. It was too close for comfort with the newly extended arm. Its still close.
Found out my 2 year old battery is junk and the warranty was only 12 months. :bang head: Ordered a new odyssey
Came up with some plans for a temporary speedo mount. Hoping it works out. I've got a similar idea for the permanent mount but its a winter project. The temp one will probably be in place for awhile once I get it done.

Still too much to do to get excited.

Replaced the turn signals with Lockhart-Phillips brushed aluminum units. Happy with the way they look with the Memphis Shades Bullitt fairing. LPRacing is now located here in Reno and I know 2 of the front office people. Both related to the high school I teach at.

Lew

Last edited:
I walked around with the idea of installing some highway steps...:ummm:
So I produced some myself including the brackeds to fix them on.

So found a solid stainless steel bar at work and asked a colleague to turn it into a nice step. Add some "O" rings and :punk:
And.... not to forget..... they also protect the bike if it may fall over.:banana:

See the result......

Attachments

• WP_000472.jpg
    WP_000472.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 27
  • WP_000480.jpg
    WP_000480.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 32
  • WP_000481.jpg
    WP_000481.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 29
  • WP_000482.jpg
    WP_000482.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 31
  • WP_000483.jpg
    WP_000483.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 29
New battery installed.
Started bleeding all the brake and clutch lines. Front brakes and clutch seem good. Rear brakes need a little more work. The underslung caliper is making it a little more difficult. Ran out of time last night, will get on it later.

stll dreaming:tantrum:

bike hasnt been delivered yet:rolleyes:

You're not alone :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Although today I heard my bike finally has a km/h speedo on it, and should be put through Oz compliance in the next day or two! Fingers crossed everyone.. :clapping:

Throwing together another CO2 air system for my airshifter.

It's been many years since I built the one for my XS, having some newer parts makes things a little easier. :biglaugh:

Here is what it looks like, I'm now just laying it out. I'm going to the hardware store to get some different fittings, and what not, to flip the regulator around, so it can be adjusted from the top of the setup like the on/off valve. Also I'm going to get some "T" fittings so I can add a couple of gauges ( bottle and regulator), But with the exception of the 9oz tank being replaced by a 4oz one (I might use a different regulator I have on hand) this is about it.

Its going to be mounted, on lexan attached to the back of the puke tank so it will slide in the tanks former location. Using the stocker heat shield in a different manner will protect the bottle from the pipes. With the on/off valve, changing the bottle will be a piece of cake. With the 4oz tank, you should be able to see about 70-80 shifts. A 12oz bottle should net between 225-300 shifts.

airsupply.jpg

I just got me some new LED turn signals. I have to admit, these were a LOT smaller than I thought they would be. Here is the auction listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230769750488

Heck you can't go wrong with only $14, but I don't think I would have purchased them if I'd known they would be this small! I'll show a picture of it in my hand!

The key is for size reference.
DSC01290.JPG

I'll try a mock up and tape it to the bike and see how it looks on the front. The rear is getting the CBR taillight turn signal combo!

Hehe here's a better idea of how small these are...
DSC01291.JPG

I'll sell them to someone that wants em.. $15 shipped to your front door! :)

Just ordered the parts to make the stock front turn signals high intensity LED.

Lashed up a video camera to the right hand radiator shroud (we drive on the left hand side of the road). Going for run over the mountain tomorrow.:punk:

Will post results if the clip is good.:clapping:

Other night I had the worst tank slapper ive ever had in my life. Crossed lanes at about 120mph behind my buddy on his.stock 2002 and almost got thrown. Scared the shit outta me. Bars were almost hitting the stops. Came out of it alive though. Time to check the steering head bearings and check.balance on the new wheel and tire.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

Other night I had the worst tank slapper ive ever had in my life. Crossed lanes at about 120mph behind my buddy on his.stock 2002 and almost got thrown. Scared the shit outta me. Bars were almost hitting the stops. Came out of it alive though. Time to check the steering head bearings and check.balance on the new wheel and tire.

I would really like more detail about how this happened so I can understand the potential causes.

Cna you create a new thread to describe it?

There are already a ton of threads about the wobble. Search for wobble you will find them lol. Vmax known for.the wobble if bearings are bad loose or tire is unbalanced etc.

I do believe that is the video that Damon made and was selling on eBay.
Not too cool whoever posted it on youtube. It wasn't expensive to buy, and there was some effort in putting it together.
I have the DVD and the followup carb DVD, quality work and tons of information.

Damon is a member here, I'm sure if you PM him he'll hook you up with the videos.

Thanks for the info, is Damon the forum name? I only found one in the member list.

Thanks for the info, is Damon the forum name? I only found one in the member list.

I believe so.
If you still need the engine video, I bought two of them. One for me and the other for a friend. My friend scrapped his max and now rides an R6. So if you PM he your address, I'll send you the video I bought for him.

Back