whats everyone riding this year for tires?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stock wheels are being used both on my bike and by brother's bike. I'm running Dunlops. He's running Avons. I've ridden both and I think the Avons stick better. Once my Dunlops wear out, I'll be switching over to the Avon Venom X/ Roadrunner combination.

I'm running Metzler 880s. I wonder why none of the tire companies make a radial tire to fit the stock rim? There seems to be enough cruiser bikes with the 15" rim for them to sell.
Mike

they are out there, just the sidewall is so short that it'd be silly looking.

Just got the Metzeler 880's a couple weeks ago.
110/90-18 front & 170/80-15 rear. (the larger one)
I dumped the stock Dunlops even though there was plenty of miles left on 'em.
Already have ~400 miles. All I can say is...
WOW!!! what a positive difference in handling.
Much smoother & less vibration.
My vote goes to the metz's.:clapping:

I didn't know that Garret. Thanks!

Never had any other tires on my Max to compare to but I like the Metz alot and will probably stick with them.
Mike

Metzler 880's front and rear. Can't imagine considering anything else - 30,000k on the front, lots of tread left. 22,000 on the back, should go another 5000. The stock Dunlops were toast at a third of this mileage.
When I eventually replace the rear, I might try a 170 - the larger contact patch should mean better mileage still.
Cheers!

Man, feel free to send some mudbugs up to NYC! Born and raised in New Orleans, but been here since '97. Can't find decent Southern cooking up here, and crawfish....forget about it...nothing but the crappy chinese ones.

Mmm MUDBUGS! sucking head and eatin' tail! I live in New Orleans for a year and miss all the great food. I could really go for a oyster po' boy right about now!

You guys need to get down here so I can throw a boil for yall, I never boil less than 3 sacks (120 Lbs) during a get together and keep the frig loaded down with yeast infected beer. So if COP RUNNER comes he will have to BYOB, he's alergic to yeast , Im sure you all read his post about yeast.

I have not had any Mud Bugs since I left Texas. I had several places I used to ride to on weekends & get them. It seems like no one does them down here & no good Boudan either. I brought back a bit last time I was home people down here had never had it.

I just found out I can supply the Kenda tires in a 170/80 and stock size front. Got a set in for a Honda we had in the shop as was quite surprised at how decent it actually ended up being.

Sean

I tried a set of Kenda K673 Kruz tires on my '85. They were great in a straight line, but didn't allow nearly enough lean angle. I could get it over to about 35?, then it was at the sharp edge between the tread and the sidewall. It was like riding on ice skates with dull edges, just about to slide out at any second. Very disconcerting. Rear skipped sideways a couple of times exiting turns, and I learned quickly to wait until I was more upright to give it any throttle. Trouble is, my riding area is rife with twisties, which I love. I now have a 120/90 Shinko Tourmaster 230 on the front, and a 170/80 Dunlop K555 rear. Much better. One size taller tires on both ends also gives more ground clearance without changing basic geometry.

Latest posts

Back