Which chassis is better Venture or Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few sets of the 85 wheels. The venture insert will fit on the stator side too. You just need the smaller rubber trim ring. The bad thing is it doesn't cover as much so the paint under the original cover may not be in good shape and require a little painting.

Sean

I have a few sets of the 85 wheels. The venture insert will fit on the stator side too. You just need the smaller rubber trim ring. The bad thing is it doesn't cover as much so the paint under the original cover may not be in good shape and require a little painting.

Sean

IMHO the '85 (rear at least) wheels make the best looking kosman conversions

I have a very silly question I just bought a 83 Yamaha venture and the fairing is crap! Is it possible to mount the vmax dummy scoops/round headlight/gauges and stuff to the venture? I don't want to have 2 down bikes switching parts between max and venture, was just curious. I only wanted venture for the thought of it being a vmax with bags!
I know frames aren't a direct match and sorry for reviving old thread

ANYTHING is possible my friend, how bad do you want it?

don't want it horribly, lol. But seeing price of used decent fairing, vents, radio and list goes on. Figured scoops and a headlight would be a 1/4 of the price. Was just curious how similar fronts are.

try a motorcycle bone yard, theres one in lunenburg Ma (spelling?) its called sky cycle, they might have a venture fairing

I have not weighed the parts on the scale but the swingarm alone is far heavier. much more material and doublers/bracing. The frame has more crap on it too. I do like the bigger fuel tank but it won't work on the vmax either.

Sean

I can vouch for this personally. I am guessing twice the weight of the vmax if not more..

G

I can vouch for this personally. I am guessing twice the weight of the vmax if not more..

G

140 lbs curb weight difference between a Vmax and a MKII Venture (86-93).

You mentioned a radio, where you gonna put a radio on a VMax?

On board air compressor for the shocks.
Cruise control, rarely use mine.
My trunk can be removed in 30 seconds, with it off, I will stay with a Vmax in curves.
Radio, some have CB's(a waste) all with radios have a cassette player (so do the 2011 Ventures)

And with some effort, all the fast parts will fit in one from a VMax.

With a VMax, your expected to kick their ass, with a Venture, they don't see it coming!!

And Sean mentioned above the stator insert would fit, it won't. The timing plug cuts into the stator insert on a VMax & doesn't on a Venture.

Front wheel on a Vmax is .600" narrower. The rear wheel is wider, but I am not sure how much. I have Vmax wheels on my Venture, both were a PIA. But they do look different for a Venture.

I have a Venture 1300 block, with a complete VMax top end, including air box, which was also a PIA.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_2050s.jpg
    IMG_2050s.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 43
Gary, we have used the venture inserts with no issues at all. They are considerably smaller so it exposes more of the cover (which usually has crappy paint after a few years). BUT, the main cover is identical except for the having bushings in place for the shift shaft on the venture stator cover (we move them over to the mid gear cover for use on the vmax).

I do have some fairing and other misc parts from an 88 though I am not sure how much would work?

Sean

i just cant see spending 500+ on fairings that are still broke and need repaired. It was a thought may or may not mess with it, i may just look in to a simpler option and just go with one of the Aftermarket fairings with round headlight kind of whats on the Newer ventures and most harleys (<- need i say that word)
But on the other hand the Bike has about 65k, not sre what mileage we get on these blocks, im pushing 54k on the Max. But when the Venture shows signs of WEARING out, i may look in to a vmax motor w/vboost or another Venture motor and add it on. I prefer power over looks, but this thing just doesnt look healthy in the front, haha. Also if any of you know, the early model ventures require a swap to the 86 and later model forks to put the R1 brakes on. Curiousity, would the Vmax R1 adapter kit work on the Venture forks?

This is a full Vmax engine... Look at stator cover...

img4384b.jpg

Sorry about the stator cover bad info.

I have these pictures, and have always thought that this was the way the covers were on them.

One of these days I should get a VMax.

Gary

Attachments

• generator side cover.jpg
    generator side cover.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 10
  • generator side cover. 1jpg.jpg
    generator side cover. 1jpg.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 9
Some pictures of my Venture without all the body work on it for reference.

Gary

Attachments

• PICT5442.JPG
    PICT5442.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 26
  • PICT5443.JPG
    PICT5443.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 26
  • PICT5448.JPG
    PICT5448.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC02076.JPG
    DSC02076.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01117s.jpg
    DSC01117s.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01118s.jpg
    DSC01118s.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 26
Here is another picture of the side cover with the timing plug into the cover insert.

Are these after market covers, or early years. Just curious.

Think picture was from patmax btw.

Gary

Attachments

• vmax side cover.jpg
    vmax side cover.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 27
The stator lid is the same but the insert on ventures is smaller so it fits on the recessed space, on vmaxes the lid is bigger and overlays the stator lid, thats why it has the cut for the plug...

Latest posts

Back