Will work for bubble gum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
Took My Vmax out for a little ride yesterday. I've been playing with the carbs a bit, and I didn't like how the bike ran at cruising speed. Just not smooth. I decided to bump the needles from 3 to 3 1/2 clip. I got home and wrangled my 12 yr old into helping me. I had him do most of the job, from the air box lid, taking the scoops off. diaphram covers off. I just added a shim to get the 3 1/2 clip, so i showed him how on the first two and he did the next two. I let him turn the needle so he could feel how the little plastic nipple seated into the slide. I started to put the cover back on one of them with out the spring and he busted me on it. We had a good time and he learned something to. Of coarse we had to go for a test ride. We hit the local deli and got a big box of Bazooka bubble gum for all his hard labor. I told him I wanted to take a pic of him working on the bike to post here and he got all embarrassed. He didn't want to do that. It was a nice couple hours. He texted a friend later and told him he helped work on my carburetors. Friends reply was "whats a carburetor?

Cool, all I remember doing with my dad is hauling wood, on my shoulder , not fast enough. Your son will remember fixing dad's carbs forever , he may even remind you of it in a few years when it's his turn to test ride :)

That's Awesome.
By the time he can ride (your Max) he'll be able to do all the maintenance on it.

I'd love to do that with my kid when she arrives and gets a few years under her belt. If I start now I might know what the hell I'm doing by then! :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hell he will be like me by the age of 15 ripping out a snowmobile engine to get it rebuilt! great story!

Took My Vmax out for a little ride yesterday. I've been playing with the carbs a bit, and I didn't like how the bike ran at cruising speed. Just not smooth. I decided to bump the needles from 3 to 3 1/2 clip. I got home and wrangled my 12 yr old into helping me. I had him do most of the job, from the air box lid, taking the scoops off. diaphram covers off. I just added a shim to get the 3 1/2 clip, so i showed him how on the first two and he did the next two. I let him turn the needle so he could feel how the little plastic nipple seated into the slide. I started to put the cover back on one of them with out the spring and he busted me on it. We had a good time and he learned something to. Of coarse we had to go for a test ride. We hit the local deli and got a big box of Bazooka bubble gum for all his hard labor. I told him I wanted to take a pic of him working on the bike to post here and he got all embarrassed. He didn't want to do that. It was a nice couple hours. He texted a friend later and told him he helped work on my carburetors. Friends reply was "whats a carburetor?
Really Cool if I had kids I would try & get them to do the same. My 12 year old watche's me all the time but all he wants is more dog treats:biglaugh:

Good times indeed. The oldest girl doesn't want to volunteer to do much at the shop anymore but i can coax her into it sometimes.

Man that's so awesome, being a dad is cool. I can't wait to get my daughter's hands all greasy

My daughter is more about the ride. A few years ago, when she first started riding, I'd stop at a red light and the people next to me were waving at me. It took me a minute but I figured out she was all excited, and waving at people.

Really Cool if I had kids I would try & get them to do the same. My 12 year old watche's me all the time but all he wants is more dog treats:biglaugh:

Funny you mention dogs. My son is just like a border collie, and I tell him that. He's a great worker, does a great job, but if you don't keep him busy or give him a job, he can tear the house apart in no time flat.

Funny you mention dogs. My son is just like a border collie, and I tell him that. He's a great worker, does a great job, but if you don't keep him busy or give him a job, he can tear the house apart in no time flat.
Well you kind of got a glimpse of my dog. He is a great dog or should I say watch dog since he only likes us & the person who feeds him when were gone.

Great to hear these stories! I had only a short time with my dad but I do remember the things we did together. Good memories of my step fathers too.

My kid's always helping me with my bike or whatever I'm doing...when not dangerous, I always let him assist...anything he picks up will serve him well in the future...

Good story. My kids just enjoy helping me wash the max so far. Getting them warmed up for some maintenance work! Enjoy!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back