Advice on a new exhaust needed ufo????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for more HORSEPOWER more NOISE and someone to do the work.:punk: Someone who knows the vmax and won't be breaking their cherry on mine! I am in northern Alberta but I don't mind driving it some where. Also I don't know anything about jetting and what is needed....:ummm:

I'm thinking UFO.........????????

Go with a Marks 4 into 2 (looks much better) or a Kerker 4 into 1 (best power but you lose the center stand..)

Swapping the exhaust is easy enough, if not for you I am sure there will be a member not too far from you.. Jetting can help but isn't a requirement, only do it if you really want max power and have a dyno available near you.

I love my UFO system. But there are a lot of good quality systems made for the max. Swapping the exhaust system is easy like NaughtyG wrote.

The exhaust is not too hard to remove and my Mark's exhaust was a breeze to install.
Here is a short video of my Marks 4 into 2, SS, 12" cans with 2.25" openings. Hard to beat Mark's sound, it a nice rumble that gets louder as you use shorter and larger can openings.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-X2tbrqmxo&feature=plcp
Here are some pictures:
Marks not installed 1.jpg Marks not installed 3.jpg
IMG_1261.jpg
Mark can help you decide how loud your pipe is. Plus he will custom make it for you, ship it to you, all before you send payment. If you don't like it, he will fix it, or you can send it back. I have not heard of anyone ever sending it back!! Mark's is the best!
EDIT: I would be remiss to not mention the Kerker 4-2-1 with the comp baffle, it sounds sooo sweet riding next to it while "getting up to speed"!!! :thumbs up:

I'm looking :punk: Someone who knows the vmax and won't be breaking their cherry on mine! I am in northern Alberta but I don't mind driving it some where.
If it is you doing the work then you have no worries. And you do not have to drive anywhere you are already there. There are lots of tips in here on about anything you can think of, and many of the tips are walk through's

Nice vidio brian. Marks is a nice exhaust and your max will sound great with it . But UFO is the loudest and badest pissed off sounding vmax exhaust system on the planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siLmIEYCHjs&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l9esNyVJs-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=31xEvbnzPeE&NR=1
Nice vidio of Marks exhaust. You cant go wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PKCFzsY0xQel both systems are the best on the market. But i favor the loudest and the badest. If thats not what your after than go with marks.

Last year at the Spring Icebreaker Trevor had his sound meter and the two loudest bikes were a ufo 4 into 1 and my Mark's. They both registered @ 116 db, but I can tell you that they sound very different from each other. The UFO is higher pitched whereas the Mark's is lower pitched but were equally loud on the meter. All I know is that the owner (Goose) was not happy that mine was as loud as his, LOL!
WBTGM, I would try to meet up with your local Vmax group and listen to the various manufacturers so your "ear" can tell you what you like. While the video's are nice for a rough comparison you really need to be in-person to be sure.

I met Goose at thunder nice guy. He said he likes the sound of my bike and wanted to know what i did with the baffle's. I like it the way it is but i will be changing to a quiter baffle like Goose has. but i will put it back the way it is now from time to time. I agree the best way to pick your exhaust is to hear it live and in person.

^ Yep,
To be honest Mike,
I really liked the Nasty Sound of your UFO's without the baffle (except when stuck under a Bridge next to you revving them, LOL)
but I would need to have the option of adding Baffles too.

Hi Dennis how is your day going. Just so you know i do have baffle's in my exhaust and i packed the shit out of them. The four into two is louder than the four into one. So just to be a nice guy to the other rider's im having some custom baffle's made to tone it down a touch.

I like what Damon did to his UFO muffler (fitted his own baffle) which made it sound much better to my ear. I know Goose was talking to Damon about getting one of his baffles but not sure if he ever did.

I have a Daytona-tested UFO Dragstar 4/1 which is anti-socially loud, I have a Kerker 4/1 but I didn't want to lose my centerstand forever, so it sits on a shelf. I like it for the performance, but am going to have some alternatives shortly for toning it down a bit, as soon as Jon ships.

At Daytona, a bunch of Harley riders came out to the street to see my 'noisemaker' UFO 4/1 when I ran it down the street in front of their shop & congregating area, just north of Boxenstopp's. I like the sound of both, hear all you can & make an informed decision.

No one will want to ride next to you on the right w/a Dragstar so you will have more room. Don't accelerate past a L.E.O. to his left because he will not approve of your sound output! And, if you try to accelerate up to him & coast on by, when you get back into the throttle, you just may send his way a fireball! At night it's very impressive. It looks like the racecars at Sebring during the nighttime driving when they are coming into the hairpin & get back on it.

Last edited:
I've clocked only about 150 KM with my new 4-2 SlashCuts. I have a higher degree of confidence knowing most people "know I'm there". However, as I found out today, some CAGERS simply do not give a shit when launching their BMW's into another lane. But mostly, I believe Loud Pipes Save Lives.. And regardless if their UFO's or not, people will know. People walking on the street is another thing.. They'll hear me well before I pass them.. They've already turned their heads to see me welllll before I get even close!!
Love me or hate me. At least you'll hear me.
Love my UFO's!!

How did Todd make out with his defective, cracked, Marks exhaust??

Anyone ever hear......

O

I like Marks & UFO but I really think the old HIndles made better power. I had a couple of them & kind of wished I would not have sold the last one. I cant say much for ground clearance though they sucked on that aspect.

I can help you out on an old style 4-1 stealth we just took off.

I like Marks & UFO but I really think the old HIndles made better power. I had a couple of them & kind of wished I would not have sold the last one. I cant say much for ground clearance though they sucked on that aspect.

They are great pipes but everyone I knew that had the early versions dented the bottom of the header pipes. Does the later generation make the same power?

Back