Allen screws chrome plugs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good (cheap) source for those pesky little plastic chrome plugs that hide the allen screws on the handlebars mounts and on the upper and lower triple-trees?

I need quite a few - they're missing from both the '86 and the '00..

I have plans to make some aluminum inserts that will have the vmax logo or something in them. But they aren't on my important list of things to do right now.

Todd

They're called head caps, bolt caps, head covers, bolt covers, screw covers, etc. There's not a specific name for them really.

Be sure to drop a dab of locktite or mild adhesive on them or they won't last long unless they're a perfect fit... and sometimes not even then depending on how much wind and vibration they're exposed to.

This can make them hard to get off - but nothing an old toothbrush handle cut on a sharp angle can't fix. Dedicated "prying shit I don't want to scratch" tool!

Ok so I found these:

http://www.partspak.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=390630

And they're at the right price. However, to send 5 (packs of 4) of these to me in Oz, they want, wait for it, $57!!!! :rofl_200::damn angry::bang head:

So my question - is anyone here in or near this address:

3016 N. Columbia St
Milledgeville, GA 31061

and if so, would you mind buying 5 packs of these plugs and mailing them to me using standard international mail?

I've found them in a large selection at a local Harley accessories shop. They came in sizes to fit either SAE or Metric bolts. Although they don't stock the Metric ones (of course!)
I used the SAE ones and made them fit by either picking the closest size and/or using a little bit of that 3M yellow snot weatherstrip adhesive

From Sydney (box of 10) AUD $17 + shipping

From PartsPak.com (pack of 4) US $1.11

Gawd I hate Australian prices...

I'm coming to Florida this summer for a holiday - I'll just have partspak.com ship them there for $10 via USPS.

Do they not have hardware stores in OZ? This is something I would expect to find locally even in the most backwoods town in the US...

Back