bad tire causing shaking..or vice versa?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-Four

Reaction score
Hi.
i just got my 02 max..finally...yay me. ;)
ok..dont really know the bikes history.
I do know the front tire is really warn...almost on one side more than other?
the guy assured me that ...it shakes at speed...and he says its because of the bad tire.
I dont believe it myself.
So im hoping all you could give a fella maxxer some insight.
thanks.
(and yes im buying a new tire regardless. ;)

awesome sight , btw.

+1 to replacing the tire, it has the most obvious potential for the shaking issue. The suggestion previouly posted need to checked out, other things to look at are both tire air pressures, fork air pressure, and sloppiness in bearing in swingarm pivots/ wheels.
More than likely you'll find the issue in one of these steps. Let us know what you find out.
Oh, welcome to our site and congratulations on having the best year Vmax!:biglaugh:

Thanks all.
yeah..i only rode it to get it home.
Definately gettin new tire..hopefully this weekend.
And, why do you say this is the "best year" ?
Ill letcha know how it works out.
.thanks again.

Thanks all.
yeah..i only rode it to get it home.
Definately gettin new tire..hopefully this weekend.
And, why do you say this is the "best year" ?
Ill letcha know how it works out.
.thanks again.
Lets just say I have some personal insight(some may say bias) on why it's the best year.:biglaugh:

Well..got the new tire yesterday..put it on bike today durin lunch..rode back to work...
so far...the "wobble" seems to be gone . (knock wood)
i did take it easy tho, as Ive heard horror stories about slippery new tires.
MUCH improvement right away though..stay tuned.
thanks
T$

I just threw some soft shinko 230 tour master on both ends, it was doing the 40-50 wobble. Now, its smooth as silk. was dreading it wasn't going to solve my problems, but I feel lucky!!!!!!

I'm riding to Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well..got the new tire yesterday..put it on bike today durin lunch..rode back to work...
so far...the "wobble" seems to be gone . (knock wood)
i did take it easy tho, as Ive heard horror stories about slippery new tires.
MUCH improvement right away though..stay tuned.
thanks
T$

Since you don't know the bike's history, make sure to perform the 'bounce test' (search for it here) to make sure your steering head bearings are adjusted correctly. It's VERY important for when you do get to high speed!

I have an 02 and i had front wheel wobble. I put a fresh pair of metzlers on this weekend and the wobble is 99% gone. Such a smooth ride now.

Latest posts

Back