Bar end mirrors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Being sick of the view of my shoulders with the current mirrors plus the increased danger of not seeing behind properly, I invested in some el'cheapo bar mirrors.
Now I can see behind and I prefer the look as I think it gives the bike another attitude.

Attachments

• ashlyn 029 (Large).jpg
    ashlyn 029 (Large).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 407
Being sick of the view of my shoulders with the current mirrors plus the increased danger of not seeing behind properly, I invested in some el'cheapo bar mirrors.
Now I can see behind and I prefer the look as I think it gives the bike another attitude.

+1, I have a sililar set on mine. 120% improvment in surrounding seeing.

I would have to agree barend mirrors are the way to go.The ones I have fitted are boomerang shaped and I put a pair of little round blind spot mirrors as well.Feels a hell of a lot safer.

i think i have exact ones as KJ and same as you jedi, just in black. i love 'em.. my shoulders were not fun to look @....

Hey Jedi, are those Pro Grips from Python Motorsports (or similar)?

Hey Jedi, are those Pro Grips from Python Motorsports (or similar)?
Here are what the Python progrips look like installed with Tom's dragbars on Redbone. I may either go to bar ends with current bars or check out some Flanders and use my current mirrors. The python bars are only a 1/2" wider than stock but they feel "right" and I don't have to fight to turn the bars in the few twisty's that I normally ride on.

Attachments

• IMG_2781.jpg
    IMG_2781.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 164
MAN , NICE FLAME JOB & CHROME SCOOPS !...:punk:

Nice job on the bike overall - I too would like to know what kind of grips. I need to replace mine and like the look of yours.

Mike

Garrett you da man. Thanks Brother!
:worthy:

no worries man... couple things about 'em.

1. Look at the pics of the black ones. see where they insert into the bars? the cylinders have the slots at closest to the mirror? that should be reduced.. i didnt' catch it the first time and was sitting there screwing as hard as i could almost breaking the damn housing.. then i just took off the nut and reversed the cylinder placement.. ugh... anyways dumb for me not to notice but just a heads up.

2. i think they look WAY better than stock.
3. you can see something aside from your shoulders!
4. make sure you go thru and tighten all the allen heads. them come pretty loose for adjustment but at about 90 mph without tightening them from how they came they can get moved slightly...

hope this helps man.. u helped me out a while ago w/all the tire questions so we're good.. btw love the oversized shinko's so far!

no worries man... couple things about 'em.

1. Look at the pics of the black ones. see where they insert into the bars? the cylinders have the slots at closest to the mirror? that should be reduced.. i didnt' catch it the first time and was sitting there screwing as hard as i could almost breaking the damn housing.. then i just took off the nut and reversed the cylinder placement.. ugh... anyways dumb for me not to notice but just a heads up.

2. i think they look WAY better than stock.
3. you can see something aside from your shoulders!
4. make sure you go thru and tighten all the allen heads. them come pretty loose for adjustment but at about 90 mph without tightening them from how they came they can get moved slightly...

hope this helps man.. u helped me out a while ago w/all the tire questions so we're good.. btw love the oversized shinko's so far!

Thanks for the heads-up! I may try putting some blue (I forget the number of the removable version) Loctite on those bolts since you said that.

Yeah man, I totally cannot wait to get 'em on there. It'll be nice to see better and I've always loved the way it changes the look of the bike.

That's awesome about the tires too Brother. I gotta throw out a big thanks for Lankee's comments on them. He was the one in reading his reviews that got me looking into them, so "Thanks LY".

I can't wait to get the bike finished now! Between the new mirrors and powder coating the wheels and scoops, it'll look like a new bike here soon.

L8r y'all.

Thanks for the heads-up! I may try putting some blue (I forget the number of the removable version) Loctite on those bolts since you said that.

Yeah man, I totally cannot wait to get 'em on there. It'll be nice to see better and I've always loved the way it changes the look of the bike.

That's awesome about the tires too Brother. I gotta throw out a big thanks for Lankee's comments on them. He was the one in reading his reviews that got me looking into them, so "Thanks LY".

I can't wait to get the bike finished now! Between the new mirrors and powder coating the wheels and scoops, it'll look like a new bike here soon.

L8r y'all.

cool cool. also no idea why i said reduced, i meant reversed, i think u followed tho.

i wouldnt' say loctite is necessary, mine didn't come loose once i clamped 'em down, i would worry the amount of torque required on the tiny bolts to get them free from loctite, the housing and bolts aren't the biggest in the world.. i'd say try it without first, ya know?

one thing i will say tho (unsure on hwo the python grips work tho) with the stock grips, you have to take off the chrome end caps, this leaves like a 1/2" ugly as hell gap. i got ahold of an extra grip and cut 2 x 1/2" pieces to fill in and it looks good...

haha so thanks Ly and 44!

cool cool. also no idea why i said reduced, i meant reversed, i think u followed tho.

i wouldnt' say loctite is necessary, mine didn't come loose once i clamped 'em down, i would worry the amount of torque required on the tiny bolts to get them free from loctite, the housing and bolts aren't the biggest in the world.. i'd say try it without first, ya know?

one thing i will say tho (unsure on hwo the python grips work tho) with the stock grips, you have to take off the chrome end caps, this leaves like a 1/2" ugly as hell gap. i got ahold of an extra grip and cut 2 x 1/2" pieces to fill in and it looks good...

haha so thanks Ly and 44!

Yep, I knew where you were going with the reversal thing Bro.

Ah yes, good point regarding the torque with those small bolts. Good call; I think I'll give 'er a go without it and see what happens.

I think I'll be okay with those Pro Grips. I was studying the ends last fall before I put them on and they appear to have a rivet molded on the inside of the cap that punches through the rubber. I'm betting I can drill the center where the rivet is, then just slide the cap off. It'll be a minor surgery but I'll get 'er figured out. I'll keep your method on the table as well!

Oh hell I almost forgot... Is Cat Daddy Smalls selling those mirrors as a set of (2) or just one at a time? I posted a question but haven't heard back from him yet.

Thx man!

Yep, I knew where you were going with the reversal thing Bro.

Ah yes, good point regarding the torque with those small bolts. Good call; I think I'll give 'er a go without it and see what happens.

I think I'll be okay with those Pro Grips. I was studying the ends last fall before I put them on and they appear to have a rivet molded on the inside of the cap that punches through the rubber. I'm betting I can drill the center where the rivet is, then just slide the cap off. It'll be a minor surgery but I'll get 'er figured out. I'll keep your method on the table as well!

Oh hell I almost forgot... Is Cat Daddy Smalls selling those mirrors as a set of (2) or just one at a time? I posted a question but haven't heard back from him yet.

Thx man!

Cat Daddy Smalls?

powerfreaks is where i got mine and they came 2 in a package per order...

no worries man

Latest posts

Back