battery wars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
I searched through the mods list and couldn't find a definitive answer as to what battery wins the best choice award. I have a pc 680, its 6 years old and on its way out. I kinda wanted to exhaust all possibilities before I dropped some coin on another odyssey. I am curios about the Panisonic though.

Kenny

if I remember, this very topic was exhaustively discussed several months ago. Wonder why you couldn't find it. PC 680 was #1 and could be had for low 100s shipped. I paid almost $140 shipped for mine. Panasonic was given several nods for longevity and price and factory Yuasa's were rated adequate by a few others. Seems as though weather and care had a noticable effect on all types of batteries with the Oddessy getting the best marks for cranking strength over the long haul with the least attention. You aren't happy with six years from yours? Sounds like it has had a good life unless you have been having problems. :ummm:

I remember reading about that but couldn't find the thread to reread. I'm really happy with 6 years, but if I never tried something different I'd never know. I've had nothing but good luck with the PC.

its whatever brand they were using on the UK's junkyard wars. Seems like everytime they pulled one out of a wreck, it worked like a charm. :clapping:

there is also a thread about making the battery tray bigger and using a bigger batter with a lot more cca's

Nothing.......I am curious as to the outcome......Panasonic.....Odyssey.....something else......
:confused2:

OK, just checking cuz my next thread start is gonna be what kind of oil can I use, then why does my oil light come on when I pull the trigger, then how big of a rear tire can I put on the stock rim then...

OK, just checking cuz my next thread start is gonna be what kind of oil can I use, then why does my oil light come on when I pull the trigger, then how big of a rear tire can I put on the stock rim then...

That's good!!!!!

I have lots of popcorn:th_favorites24:

Well shit Kaboom...I think thats it. We've reached the end. I'm gonna have to wait till the snow starts flying across the U.S. THEN whip out the inane questions. its too early.

You, um...gonna share that pop corn?

It's twice as much as another comperable battery, does it last twice as long? The weight reduction would be nice on a competition bike, but not justifiable on a street bike, not imo

Well shit Kaboom...I think thats it. We've reached the end. I'm gonna have to wait till the snow starts flying across the U.S. THEN whip out the inane questions. its too early.

You, um...gonna share that pop corn?

Uh......

You are little far away ait'cha??:ummm:

Back