Beaten by the Busa!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Stopped by my good friends house today to go on a ride with him. He has an 05 Busa which is extended, hindle exhaust, power commander and a few other goodies. He also has a dry 40 shot of nitrous he uses when he is feeling like a complete nut.

So all in all we have very similar mods.

We raced several times and I was served some very large slices of humble pie during the process. From a dig is about the only time I would put up much of a fight and even then once we hit 65-75 mph he would pull on me pretty nicely.

When I raced with the nitrous I would do ALOT better but that meant I would stay with him (not ahead or behind) up to about 110 and then he was pass me slowly but surely.

From a roll it got very ugly! Basically once that bike hit's the upper rpms it's over for ANYONE let alone mr. max.

He was very surprised none the less that a vmax could even stay near him. All in all I had a great time and am really enjoying the max. I just hope this motor lasts longer than my streetracing habits!:eusa_dance:

No shame in that, any 1 litre SS bike can spank the VMax!:rocket bike::cheers: ... well the 1st Gen ...

Either your buddy is running the wrong rear tire or doesnt know how to launch it. A stretched busa with the work as you described you will only see a busas tailights. I cant even holeshot an extended busa.
Extended busa, gixxer1000, zx10r, zx12r. zx14r you will have your ass handed to you from the start of any race with these bikes.
At the track they are 60fting 1.38's to a VMAX 1.54's

I had an 02 Hayabusa for about 25,000 miles. I hate to say it, but it would level a Vmax. It was pretty brutal to a friend's 99 R1, another friend's ZX11, and I even stuffed an 89 FZR1000 with mild work and a 40shot.

I can only imagine what the new ones do. I miss the bike but love the attitude of the Max. Besides, 130mph in 3rd gear is no longer something I look for. :biglaugh:

285117943_944951e0a8_b.jpg

This was my car for a year. :)

I would say that 80% Busa owners cant ride them any where near there potential just as with any sport bike. Yes a busa will shit on a VMAX all day long rider for rider! Out of the hole mid range top end! We know that.
If you beat a busa off the line chances are the rider doesnt know how to ride.

Either your buddy is running the wrong rear tire or doesnt know how to launch it. A stretched busa with the work as you described you will only see a busas tailights. I cant even holeshot an extended busa.
Extended busa, gixxer1000, zx10r, zx12r. zx14r you will have your ass handed to you from the start of any race with these bikes.
At the track they are 60fting 1.38's to a VMAX 1.54's

His rear tire was busy spinning. By the time he hooked I had a nice little head start which soon went by by!:biglaugh:

Meh -

The max still sounds and looks a hell of a lot better. Who cares if you don't hit the speed of light AS fast as a busa - you still hit the speed of light ;)
________
hotels in mexico city

Last edited:
Two completely different animals created for two completely different riding experiences.

The Busa is NOT to be messed with IMO.

This.

Ride what makes you happy, and who cares if it's the fastest bike at bike night?

Exactly. There are bikes faster than the busa as well. The bike I had before the max was a tri-color BMW K1200S and that thing hauled major ass BUT it had 1/10th the charector of the max. Before that I had a Triumph Rocket 3 modded out to the max...that bike had attitude similar to the max BUT had torque that could pull the titanic from the bottom of the ocean!

You guys that spend time at the drag strip might like this video. This guy looks to me like he knows what the hell he's doing. Times in the high 8's, stock motor and pump gas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2WpOwhFgIM

Details:
  • stock motor
  • 66.5" wheelbase
  • 20 shot that engages gently in second gear
  • Nitrous regulated down to 600 psi.
  • 93 degrees and 2600 to 3200' density altitude

Link

That bike has ALOT more in it! I wonder what it would run at ATCO or somewhere with a much lower DA.

How do you guys launch your max in a street race?

pull the clutch, put it in gear, let the clutch go while giving it some throttle, then watch who you're racing and adjust throttle accordingly.

I love going off at the same speed as whoever's tryinna have a go, then hitting the vboost as they run out of steam and watch 'em disappear in the mirrors :rofl_200:

pull the clutch, put it in gear, let the clutch go while giving it some throttle, then watch who you're racing and adjust throttle accordingly.

I love going off at the same speed as whoever's tryinna have a go, then hitting the vboost as they run out of steam and watch 'em disappear in the mirrors :rofl_200:

only problem i've seen with sportbikes is i have to shfit 3 times to their 2...

You guys that spend time at the drag strip might like this video. This guy looks to me like he knows what the hell he's doing. Times in the high 8's, stock motor and pump gas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2WpOwhFgIM

Details:
  • stock motor
  • 66.5" wheelbase
  • 20 shot that engages gently in second gear
  • Nitrous regulated down to 600 psi.
  • 93 degrees and 2600 to 3200' density altitude
Link

Yep, there is definately more left in it. 60's were slow for the wheelbase. He was very consistant though. I've been 8.99 @ 150 w/ 5.77 1/8(122mph) and 1.42' on a 06 ZX-14 myself(205 suited). Totally stk motor, pipe/pcIII, gearing, shinko, air shifter. Wheelbase was 65". DA was just over 2500ft. Man, would i have LOVED to have had 5 more mph!
Those bikes make mucho HP and they really have a weight advantage over the V-max. Comes down to hp vs weight(and the rider of course!)Ya gotta have respect for an 8sec capable bike, no matter what the brand.

If you want to beat a busa just go down the street and buy a modded one just like the guy you raced. They are not hard to find.

I would love to race some Vmaxs but there aren't many around me. And the few that do know a Busa. They won't try. I know when I sold my 86 Vmax and eventually got a Busa the power and acceleration difference was incredible. Here's mine along way from stock.
IMG_4658_S.jpg

Back