brakes done ! headlight done !

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingray230sx

Reaction score
well i finally finished what i should have in the spring, but with a boat and two other bikes, sometimes its hard to get motivated.

here is my 97 max with the wave rotors frt/rear and a R1 caliper, and a new headlight from exactrep.

still have a chrome grabrail to install, but i am not sure on turn signals yet, i bought some, but was not happy when they came in, so that will be later.

oh yea, the right side cover is not on there, just noticed when i was uploadin the pics............

hope you guys like her, i think she looks great, now im gonna go install that cover........

doug

Attachments

• right side pic 2.jpg
    right side pic 2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 177
  • headlight front.jpg
    headlight front.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 140
  • headlight front left.jpg
    headlight front left.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 138
  • headlight from left.jpg
    headlight from left.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 144
Nice big bright light, nice. You did not say where you got it or what model and how much, how the install went. Plug and play?

and a new headlight from exactrep

its their 7" prism lense conversion

lower case typing gets me every time, i got the headlight in the early early spring and it was $152.00 with the 100 watt bulb [actually comes with a bulb, wattage not specified and the 100 watt bulb in a separate box]
its $136.00 with the smaller wattage bulb
that doesnt include shipping and waiting on it from the UK

i purchased a wiring kit from eastern beaver that plugs into the stock H4 plug and runs all the way to the battery with a relay to give good voltage to the bulb without overloading the wires, so it should be good to go.

doug

Looks good, stop better?

just got the front wheel on last night[that front wheel was a pain to polish, i am wishin they were chrome after the last two nights, my hands are killin me] was in a rush because of a poker run tomorrow [cancer patient benefit] so other than rolling it off the table and outside and firing it up, i havent tried it out yet [but its had R1 calipers on the front since i bought it and it does brake well, i have no complaints]

doug

Must be my crappy Iphone cause the picture quality is bad. Wanted to see if it was the same headlight and brackets I got. My brackets are starting to rust. Ugh!

Very nice... I love the paint...very well may my new favorite paint,next to hok tangerine:punk::punk:

jumapy4y.jpg
uny6yqu6.jpg

Don't think mine is similar. I have some kind of ballast box inside my shell with 100 watt high, 80 watt low and a 5 watt parking bulb in mine.

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

Looks good, stop better?

tried today to "rate" my brakes for everyone.
im not a racer and dont do 10-tenths or anything crazy, but we cruise the back roads here in WV on most rides, and i found that i can haul the speed off with one finger if thats what i grab with but two finger braking is great and really hauls the bike down when some of the cruisers [ harleys] cant take the curves and you slow to stay in line instead of screaming around them [but that happens too, sometimes]

all in all, even with the stock master cylinder i am impressed with my R1 calipers, they do what i need and look great with the wave rotors too.

i m pretty sure i was the only non harley bike on this ride today but when we got to the signup stop, i got a lot of compliments on my bike.
they love the take off windup to 9 grand rpms too !!!

was a great ride today i love this bike

jumapy4y.jpg
uny6yqu6.jpg

Don't think mine is similar. I have some kind of ballast box inside my shell with 100 watt high, 80 watt low and a 5 watt parking bulb in mine.

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

Yea, the shell of mine is different, its just a simple bowl with one rubber grommet for the wiring to go thru, mine also has a "park" light [amber] inside the lens at the 5 oclock position [havent wired it up yet, gonna pull it out and replace with an amber led [so it wont drain the battery], run a hidden switch to turn it on when i am parked]
i still have the box it came in, real cheapo cardboard with the word XANADO on it, and pics of a bunch of headlights on the box.
i googled it, china made i guess, but never saw the same light, i think some ebay stuff came up, its been a while since i bought this april/may maybe?

china or not i am still impressed with how it looks, especially compared to the 340.00 one from streetfighters inc.

they sent the same exact fork tube mounts, i am not happy with them, but instead of that nice aluminum triangular piece you have, i was given a couple stainless triangles [flat] they look good, but i can see the fork tube mounts rusting [they came with the cheapest hardware i ever saw but in the box exactrep had wrapped up 4 stainless steel socket head cap screws, i didnt know what they were for until i opened the fork tube mounts and they were to replace the crappy bolts in those packages.
i will still have to get some stainless washers and locknuts to make it better, however look here for an expensive but really nice set of the fork tube mounts.

http://www.streetfightersinc.com/VmaxAccessories.htm
scroll down to headlight and turnsignal brackets
also click on the more headlights link , there are a couple more, their headlight at 340.00 is way more and has a black shell, looks good too

i will probably order these [the cnc brackets] this winter, at 180/190 bucks they are high but look fantastic

Very nice... I love the paint...very well may my new favorite paint,next to hok tangerine:punk::punk:

i cant take credit for the paint, as i bought the bike from ebay [massachusets] already painted up.

i did the wheels and bars and brakes though, gonna change the seat this winter too........

i want really badly the mid postion foot controls from overracing, they are so damn expensive,
but after 4 plus hours of riding the stock foot pegs leave me cramped and my back grumbling,
[everyone seems to want a lower seat, but i swear i could use one a couple inches thicker[read taller] without it bothering me]

it never ends.........

doug

Doug, thanks for the link to Streetfighters. Cool stuff. Have it bookmarked now.

what brand turn signals are those. They look good

i "think" they were refered to as lockhart phillips by someone, they also came on the bike,
there is a vendor that has them but i dont remember which one right at the moment, and of course i didnt bookmark it, duh.

they will be for sale at some point, i like the shape, but hate the smoked amber lens.

i saw some in chrome w/ clear lenses on ebay once but was pulled away at work or something and missed them, and i have bought at least two different sets of led turnsignals, but when they get here i dont like them.

definatly going for a clear lens look when i get the new ones, hopefully led as well.

doug

i had lockhart phillips bulbs, no one could ever see them. got some off ebay that finally light up well.

what brand turn signals are those. They look good

OK, I finally found these ^, on the ufo website.

but ebay has some that are claimed to be billet aluminum and chromed with clear lenses, not led though. here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330803636681?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

i guess if i cant find anything else i like better i could always put led bulbs in them for a kinda different look.

most of the damn turn signals are such ckeapo plastic, its hard to find something appealing AND decent quality........

it never ends..........

Back