Bright Gauge's Remedy (color change)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a thought. and not sure if this was discussed or not... i got some advice a long time ago when i was playing with leds on an suv i used to have and i was pissed off that the light dispersion was always pointed or i could never find the right colour in a wide dispersion bulb. (yellow is my fave colour). anyway... take a regular bulb or even those wide dispersion bulbs, and some 800 grit sand cloth. lightly scuff the bulb surface to a dull finish and then look at your result. WAYYYYY better (consistant) light dispersion. try it and see. my 2 cents. i just may have to switch my guage lights up a bit now....

well okay ive got some egg on my face, i should look at the type of bulbs before i speak, but what i referred too were the wirein round bulbs, ive never used this plug in style before but at that price, who could say no...
evan....

yup, i can do that! What the hell, I'm just sitting here in my skivvies all toasty warm, getting ready to crawl into a nice warm bed .....sure I'll just run on out like this, it's above freezing, i think.....what could possibly go wrong?? :ummm:
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: Jk!!
Thanks A Lot Danny , I Just Ordered " GREEN BULBS " ! ......:bang head: ..:bang head: ..:bang head: ..:bang head: ..:bang head:.. :bang head: ..:bang head: ..:bang head:..:bang head:

Well , I GOT MY " GREEN " BULBS AND MY " UV PURPLE/BLACK LIGHT " BULBS TO DAY ! .. WHAT TO DO , WHAT TO DO ! .. :hmmm:

I just BENCH TESTED MY NEW " GREEN " BULBS , THEY ARE BRIGHT & COOL AS HELL , AS ON DANNY'S BIKE ! ... I TESTED THE " UV/PURPLE " BULBS , THEY ARE COOL AS HELL , BUT REALLY DIM & I'M NOT SURE THAT THEY WOULD EMIT ENOUGH LIGHT UP INTO THE GAUGES ! ... PLUS , I'M WORKING ON A FEW OTHER THINGS THAT I HAVE BEEN DISCUSSING WITH THE " MOD MONKEY " ! .. :biglaugh: .. :biglaugh: .. :biglaugh:

one of my hp x3's went out already. was flaking out, on for about 2 mins, off for 20 seconds. that got annoying at night!

one of my hp x3's went out already. was flaking out, on for about 2 mins, off for 20 seconds. that got annoying at night!
i THAT BLOWS " GARRETT " ! .. :bang head: ... ONE OF THE GUYS HAD POSTED ABOUT SQUEEZING THE SOCKETS CLOSED , SO THAT THE CONNECTIONS ARE TIGHTER , ?????? BUT THE BULBS ARE PROBABLY MADE LIKE SHIT , JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS WORLD ! .. :confused2:

i ALSO I JUST REMEMBERED , ON " TUGLAS " GAUGES WE HAD TO SQUEEZE THE SOCKETS , BUT ON ONE OF THEM WE SWITCHED OUT THE BULB A COUPLE OF TIMES WITH THE EXTRA ONES HE HAD BOUGHT , BUT IT STILL WOULDN'T LIGHT , THEN WE LOOKED DOWN INTO THE SOCKET WITH A FLASHLIGHT AND IT WAS CORRODED AND HE HAD TO SCAPE IT QUITE A-BIT WITH THE TIP OF HIS KNIFE TO GET IT CLEAN ! .. :confused2:

i ( HOW " LED LIGHTS " ARE MADE ) THIS IS SOME VERY INTERESTING STUFF , WAY , WAY , WAY , WAY , TECHNICAL , BUT VERY INTERESTING , .. :punk:

Last edited:
I've had mine from superbrightleds.com now for a whole season of riding with no problems. Maybe you got a bum one with a crappy solder joint or something and it flaked out.

LEDs are so widely used now, and manufacturing has become so cheap and standardized the low prices doesn't necessairly mean bad quality. In fact the prices have risen in the last couple years as LED lighting got popular. It's eco-friendly, it's popular with auto/bike customizing. Two huge markets there. Some of the bike-specific LED lighting kits are outrageously expensive....I mean Custom Dynamics sells sets of 4 or so foot-long strips for well over $100. They're very bright, and custom tailored for vehicle use (small, easy to hide). Still, that's just way too much for me. I found two amber LED strips off ebay for $5 shipped.

I also bought three 55/100w H3 bulbs off ebay, $3 each. I know people that have spent $40+ on a PIAA bulb filled with kangaroo farts or some exotic gas, they paid for a $3 bulb and $37 for the brand name on the box. That $3 bulb has served me all year and 10k miles worth and still works fine, plus I have two in reserve. Cheap doesn't automatically mean it's bad. Usually, but not always.

I've had mine from superbrightleds.com now for a whole season of riding with no problems. Maybe you got a bum one with a crappy solder joint or something and it flaked out.

LEDs are so widely used now, and manufacturing has become so cheap and standardized the low prices doesn't necessairly mean bad quality. In fact the prices have risen in the last couple years as LED lighting got popular. It's eco-friendly, it's popular with auto/bike customizing. Two huge markets there. Some of the bike-specific LED lighting kits are outrageously expensive....I mean Custom Dynamics sells sets of 4 or so foot-long strips for well over $100. They're very bright, and custom tailored for vehicle use (small, easy to hide). Still, that's just way too much for me. I found two amber LED strips off ebay for $5 shipped.

I also bought three 55/100w H3 bulbs off ebay, $3 each. I know people that have spent $40+ on a PIAA bulb filled with kangaroo farts or some exotic gas, they paid for a $3 bulb and $37 for the brand name on the box. That $3 bulb has served me all year and 10k miles worth and still works fine, plus I have two in reserve. Cheap doesn't automatically mean it's bad. Usually, but not always.
I'm still waiting for my $3 55/100 bulb to break or burn out that I bought in June, and I also have a spare! They cost me ~$11 with shipping.

i work in QA, definitely understand the 'shit sometimes breaks' stuff. didn't bother me, would rather have it go then when i had spares.... will order some spares shortly here

here are the new ones installed on V1, what ya think Tim?

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 47
i " ROVIC " THATS FRIGGING AWESOME ! .. :punk:

they sure are different, now only 6 months til i get to drive with them and then its gonna be daylight for like 3 months after that so wont get the full effect for 9 months, wow i cant wait im almost there:punk::punk::sleep 2:

Latest posts

Back