Captain Kyle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure but for some reason I get the feeling they think it's my fault? I've no problem with either of the guys (for the most part anyway).

I just wondered if he had gone on holiday as I hadn't had a reply to an email I sent him a week or so ago......no idea I was opening up all this ......

I'm not sure but for some reason I get the feeling they think it's my fault? I've no problem with either of the guys (for the most part anyway).
Not anyone's fault. I believe Kyle was asked to become a vendor here on the forum, and has chosen not to. He is a great guy with a wealth of vmax knowledge/parts, and I hope he returns to us.

There's a lot more to what caused Kyle to leave than I'm at liberty to discuss. He was a tremendous asset to this forum. Seems as happens too often that a few who are too into their own interests can screw it up for the many. Kyle was always lookin out for the little guys like me. He still is but not here. Kyle never got rich on the things he sold. Just tried to get some good deals for those of us who are trying to do a lot with very limited resources. Me for one.

Kyle's having some really serious Back problems which I totally understand. I did call and wish him a Happy Birthday. It was yesterday.

With so many medical problems too I'm not able to add much important information to the forum right now. Seems I've made a few enemies with my somewhat radical threads too. Oh Well.

It really SUCKS that Kyle has gone elsewhere.....

Not anyone's fault. I believe Kyle was asked to become a vendor here on the forum, and has chosen not to. He is a great guy with a wealth of vmax knowledge/parts, and I hope he returns to us.

+1 Bob, he mentioned to me being open to returning in the future. I think he will after processing any issue there might be.

Yes, I too keep in touch, mostly off Facebook when I see him, but with his back issues and selling off his vmax (I believe) he has a new chosen path with his goldwing for traveling. He still will help any of us out if you reach out to him. I too, haven't been on too much here being reality has caught up to me and I am very busy. Fighting this wonderful GOVT furlough has all my attention looking out for my staff.

I can only wish Kyle the best of luck and health in whatever his endeavors may be.....

There's a lot more to what caused Kyle to leave than I'm at liberty to discuss. He was a tremendous asset to this forum. Seems as happens too often that a few who are too into their own interests can screw it up for the many. Kyle was always lookin out for the little guys like me. He still is but not here. Kyle never got rich on the things he sold. Just tried to get some good deals for those of us who are trying to do a lot with very limited resources. Me for one.

Kyle's having some really serious Back problems which I totally understand. I did call and wish him a Happy Birthday. It was yesterday.

With so many medical problems too I'm not able to add much important information to the forum right now. Seems I've made a few enemies with my somewhat radical threads too. Oh Well.

It really SUCKS that Kyle has gone elsewhere.....

As many have you have already qualified, CaptainKyle was always a Go To source for accurate knowledge, parts mostly used but a few new and the most active supporter of the Vmax community hosting several Tech Days at his home where he and his wife put out the welcome wagon of hospitality and friendship. All at his own expense. They cooked "real" food, not just hotdogs, hamburgers and chips. I had to hide $ in his toolbox because he wouldn't take a donation. He has hosted more events than the VMOA organizes in these parts.
He has been here as long as I have but posts many times more than I and I consider myself here excessively. While I am not involved nor privy to any developments, it does not take a rocket scientist to identify those controlling or dictating the direction of this Forum. I would suggest one might have been better served to re-think any actions that may have precipitated Kyle's absence. With the exception of Sean, do we see the personal and regular involvement and posting contributions from Boxxenstopp, PCW, PlanetVmax, RMS, Python, Exactrep, Wild Bros, and other Vmax entities I am sure I left out?
I do not believe you have to meet or know CaptainKyle personally to be convinced he is a stand up guy, a person that you can trust and deal with without worry and is a person of character. He undergoes all the same things that befall us all whether it be loss of loved ones, physical ailments, financial struggles and the like. Have any of you seen him post up anything retaliatory or disparaging related to his departure? NO, you haven't because that is the kind of person he is.
It my sincerest wish that whatever or whoever precipitated his hiatus rethink their position and make things "right" and bring back this shared asset.
Off my soapbox now...

Last edited:
As many have you have already qualified, CaptainKyle was always a Go To source for accurate knowledge, parts mostly used but a few used and the most active supporter of the Vmax community hosting several Tech Days at his home where he and his wife put out the welcome wagon of hospitality and friendship. All at his own expense. They cooked "real" food, not just hotdogs, hamburgers and chips. I had to hide $ in his toolbox because he wouldn't take a donation. He has hosted more events than the VMOA organizes in these parts.
He has been here as long as I have but posts many times more than I and I consider myself here excessively. While I am not involved nor privy to any developments, it does not take a rocket scientist to identify those controlling or dictating the direction of this Forum. I would suggest one might have been better served to re-think any actions that may have precipitated Kyle's absence. With the exception of Sean, do we see the personal and regular involvement and posting contributions from Boxxenstopp, PCW, PlanetVmax, RMS, Python, Exactrep, Wild Bros, and other Vmax entities I am sure I left out?
I do not believe you have to meet or know CaptainKyle personally to be convinced he is a stand up guy, a person that you can trust and deal with without worry and person of character. He undergoes all the same things that befall us all whether it be loss of loved ones, physical ailments, financial struggles and the like. Have any of you seem him post up anything retaliatory or disparaging related to his departure? NO, you haven't because that is the kind of person he is.
It my sincerest wish that whatever or whoever precipitated his hiatus rethink their position and make things "right" and bring back this shared asset.
Off my soapbox now...

Well said Patmax

As many have you have already qualified, CaptainKyle was always a Go To source for accurate knowledge, parts mostly used but a few used and the most active supporter of the Vmax community hosting several Tech Days at his home where he and his wife put out the welcome wagon of hospitality and friendship. All at his own expense. They cooked "real" food, not just hotdogs, hamburgers and chips. I had to hide $ in his toolbox because he wouldn't take a donation. He has hosted more events than the VMOA organizes in these parts.
I do not believe you have to meet or know CaptainKyle personally to be convinced he is a stand up guy, a person that you can trust and deal with without worry and person of character. He undergoes all the same things that befall us all whether it be loss of loved ones, physical ailments, financial struggles and the like. Have any of you seem him post up anything retaliatory or disparaging related to his departure? NO, you haven't because that is the kind of person he is.
Off my soapbox now...

Patrick , you forgot that Maxgasser clown , and while he can't offer much technical advice he does sometimes have a used part or two at very good prices and provides great customer service for HIS product, you know , that seat HE DESIGNED, BUILDS,SELLS AND STANDS BEHIND !

Wow I'm off for a couple of days stainng my 3 decks and come back to this. Can't we all just get along. We are all here to help each other. I guess I'm not up to date with the politics. But I love reading all of everyone posts. Hopefully a few days away will bring him back. And Rick you better not go anywhere. Your in driving distance and I'll make you log on ;)

DaaaMMMNN!!

Same here....go away on vaca for a week and................

Sorry Rick, I did forget to mention your valued contribution to the Vmax community. I know there are others that I've left out too. I don't know if politics is playing a part here, I don't even know what kind of politicking could be done here. It's not about "getting along" but treating others fairly and respectfully. Sometimes people do things or react to things without thinking out all the repercussions. The possibility exists that no malice was intended and the consequences end up being unintended.
In the end, I can only vouch for Mr. Clegg and state that politics and games are not his bag.
PATMAX

Kyle has always treated me well and I have had numerous business dealings w/him, always a fair deal, no problems w/shipping things promptly. I have been a recipient of his spontaneous generosity as-well. It would be a shame, no, a damned-shame if he chose to go elsewhere.:damn angry:

The forum has for the most part been free of the typical internet b.s. that makes most sites not-worth the trouble. I hope to see my fellow Florida resident back-here soon, we need the resources he brings to the 'net.

+1 to everything that has been said since my "wtf" post.

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Kyle is a Man (Brother) with very strong principles. One who really cares about other people more than himself most times. It totally ruined more than my day that he's Physically struggling and now this. I make most of my posts any more to the Women on Bikes thread. Keeps me from clashing too much with politics here and elsewhere. I'd be willing to assist financially to make Kyle a Vendor even though my well has run pretty dry. I don't think even offering that would help bring him back. Principals are a heavy burden...

I met Kyle here as I'm sure a lot of you did, bought some used parts from him for a very fair price and was always happy with my dealings with him. We are pretty good friends now and usually talk a couple times a week and he's a hell of a guy, shame it came down to him leaving but I understand why he felt that way. He's been in quite a lot of pain with his back but still goes out of his way to help people. Sadly he won't be doing much more with the Vmax stuff but still wrenches when he can and does custom paint work. There are enough of us on here that know how to contact him so if you need something let us know and we'll give you his contact info.

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk now Free

I didn't really want to make this public but the wrong facts are already coming out. I never asked him to become a vendor but I told him he would need to be a vendor to resell manufactured goods. He was trying to resell manufactured levers which basically would make him a vendor. I have no issue with everything else he was selling, just the levers. He didn't like that and left. This was action I took for the best interest of the VMF vendors who help me finance this forum and keep it ad free. This wasn't started by Sean or any of the vendors but from a decision made by me. It is a loss to the forum that Kyle left and I was surprised that he decided to.
I'm open to anyone that wants to discuss my decision, preferably in a PM.

Kyle is a guy who has bent over backwards for many people on this forum and assisted countless others with random parts and insight on repairs. Whether he is selling remanufactured goods, spare parts, or wrench services in the end it is all to help this community and make it a better place. It is him and people like him that make this community strong. The vendors who are here are a nice resource as well but they are the minority when it comes to the user base as a whole. Everyone is here because we share a passion for the same style motorcycle and it seems that some of us may have lost sight of that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

It is him and people like him that make this community strong. The vendors who are here are a nice resource as well but they are the minority when it comes to the user base as a whole. Everyone is here because we share a passion for the same style motorcycle and it seems that some of us may have lost sight of that.

You and I differ on this one.

There are specialty vendors who will give out valuable information in their expertise, be it seats, suspension parts, back rests, etc. Other vendors are more of the Jack of all trades, when it comes to the Vmax. To me, lumping them all together and saying they are limiting as helpful and a minority to the Vmax community is not fair to them. Like the rest of the Vmaxforum.net community, they contribute what they can in the information department.

Latest posts

Back