Captain Kyle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You and I differ on this one.

There are specialty vendors who will give out valuable information in their expertise, be it seats, suspension parts, back rests, etc. Other vendors are more of the Jack of all trades, when it comes to the Vmax. To me, lumping them all together and saying they are limiting as helpful and a minority to the Vmax community is not fair to them. Like the rest of the Vmaxforum.net community, they contribute what they can in the information department.

I must be missing something:ummm:, there are Four (4) venders on this site, that makes us the minority FOR SURE. As for lumping us together , you may be right there, Some of us are specialty venders much like the old hardware stores or pharmacy's used to be before Home depo and walmart put them out of bussiness. Do you think the communitys that lost their mom and pop stores are better "community's" today? If so I guess its time for me to either go away or find a paint guy, a machinest, and start selling Gunuine Yamaha parts cheaper then ANY ONE ELSE CAN , through my connection with a yamaha dealer:confused2:

You and I differ on this one.

There are specialty vendors who will give out valuable information in their expertise, be it seats, suspension parts, back rests, etc. Other vendors are more of the Jack of all trades, when it comes to the Vmax. To me, lumping them all together and saying they are limiting as helpful and a minority to the Vmax community is not fair to them. Like the rest of the Vmaxforum.net community, they contribute what they can in the information department.

Maybe that came out wrong. When I say they are the minority I am not trying to downplay the effectiveness of each vendor since I know I have benefited from knowledge of at least one of them in the past. What I was trying to say that is by the numbers the regular end user vmax users and garage wrenching guys far out number them.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

I'm really wishing I'd kept am mouth shut.......
No, We need things like this in the open. We're all brothers and we won't always agree. I Hope we negotiate better than the U.S. Government.:bang head:

twistedmax. I don't have one of your seats mainly because I get by with the variety of seats I've bought from Kyle. Your seats are AWESOME and
that gives me something to look forward to. Patrick brings your seats along everytime we've had a Kyle Tech Day and he can make it. Sooner or later one will be mine.

Always Your Brother,
Dave

Kyle is a guy who has bent over backwards for many people on this forum and assisted countless others with random parts and insight on repairs. Whether he is selling remanufactured goods, spare parts, or wrench services in the end it is all to help this community and make it a better place. It is him and people like him that make this community strong. The vendors who are here are a nice resource as well but they are the minority when it comes to the user base as a whole. Everyone is here because we share a passion for the same style motorcycle and it seems that some of us may have lost sight of that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Tex, I agree with you ,we are the minority , we are not the forum! I did the maxgasser for two reasons , 1st and formost was to make the vmax comfort more enjoyable , 2nd to hopefully sell enough to get a Gen II , both reasons for the LOVE of the bike.I'm not trying to put food on the table or a kid through college with them. and while alot of guys think the MAXGASSER is expensive its not even close to what I could / should be getting for them, or what they would be if they were in mustangs line up. Ive been told by people THAT KNOW , that this seat should be at least $600.

@Twistedmax: That seat you have is badass. I saw it at a tech day at Kyles courtesy of Pat. Its on my list of future upgrades and will def beat the looks I get when I set my corbrick on the ground every time I fill up.

I think the vendors are great for the community but that isn't the issue here and it seems we are both on the same page. Basically it seems Buster made a call completely on his own and it drove away a pillar of the community (obviously not the intent, but shit happens). I think he should reach out to Kyle and mend the damage that has been done.

On top of that the issue of people selling items on the forum whether new manufactured goods or otherwise should be put to a vote community wide. Let the user base decide. The vendors on this forum would still be go to parts resources regardless of outcome and its not like this would be opening up a floodgate. The users here help each other with their industry connections and knowledge, no need to have walls in place preventing it.

Just my .02 or what is it now $9.95 according to someone's signature due to Obama. Back to waiting for my next flight today...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I had a similar situation on the "Star" site. They wanted me to pay a monthly/yearly fee to be a "vendor" there to sell stuff (the biggest issue was my signature that went to my website). Anytime I offered up something or an opinion I got it edited, removed and had a follow up email giving me a warning.

For me the price was too high for no more then I was planning to sell from leads generated on that site. The price for the vendor recognition here was way cheap and maybe not in Kyle's budget to consider paying. So, like I did over there - chose not to participate, he has chosen to do so over here.

If he was not contributing (monetarily) then I do take the side of Buster. He sold many products new and used just like I do and only find it "fair" to contribute like I do (monetarily).

I do hate to see guys run off by such a simple request (especially for the low amount that is asked to donate). Buster runs this site well with minimal downtime and good bandwidth and doesn't charge to be a member for the average guy. So, somehow the bills have to be covered and donations from members plus the small amount from the vendors help that.

Maybe that came out wrong. When I say they are the minority I am not trying to downplay the effectiveness of each vendor since I know I have benefited from knowledge of at least one of them in the past. What I was trying to say that is by the numbers the regular end user vmax users and garage wrenching guys far out number them.

Nahh, I more or less probably read it wrong. I was flipping through the posts while doing homework and creating study sheets for this month's round of tests and didn't absorb as much as I normally do. I get what your saying looking at it with fresh eyes.

Me too Sean, I was told to remove the "Glacier Nitrous Systems" Banner from my signature over there or be banned. I did, cause none of the systems are available to the public yet and there are only 3 prototypes out there on my bike, a friends sportbike, and a snowmobile. So to avoid confusion, I removed all the banners from my signatures on various forums.

I must be missing something:ummm:, there are Four (4) venders on this site, that makes us the minority FOR SURE. As for lumping us together , you may be right there, Some of us are specialty venders much like the old hardware stores or pharmacy's used to be before Home depo and walmart put them out of bussiness. Do you think the communitys that lost their mom and pop stores are better "community's" today? If so I guess its time for me to either go away or find a paint guy, a machinest, and start selling Gunuine Yamaha parts cheaper then ANY ONE ELSE CAN , through my connection with a yamaha dealer:confused2:

Maxgassers are now available at wallmart? :biglaugh: Comparing wallmart to you guys is like apples and oranges. I can't speak for other communities, but where I'm at Wallmart didn't really do much damage around here at all. Their prices aren't much different that Fred Meyers' or Safeway prices. There's two ginormous Fred's and 3 large Safeways. We still have our hardware and lumber stores. One shut down, but is now back up. They lost their building due to the city putting in a new bridge.

The only Wallmart-ish thing I can compare with the Vmax is the amount of Chinese parts like the levers, rotors, speedometers and such that are on many Vmaxes. Which brings me back to you and your seat. I can say without hesitation that you are the minority on that one. Very few people would refuse the offer of sending them a seat and letting them produce the seat at a lower cost to increase your profit margin. That is cool, it's something you don't see everyday.

Happy landings wherever you are headed this week Tex. The streets of Orlando will be more quiet in your absence and the roar of your bike.
I hope I perceived your point correctly. In a nutshell, here we have less than a handful "vendors" that contribute to their own degrees of expertise and levels of involvement. Should these few be asked to carry the majority financial burden in sustaining this site? Since these "vendors" are somewhat of a shared resource to all of us who use the Forum, aren't we all indebted to these vendors for providing us the knowledge, upgrades, parts, services where we spend our hard earned money on? I thought this is one of the primary reasons we have a "DONATE" tab on the opening screen. I put forth this example. There was a time when it seemed everyone was going to Gary McCoy at a Yamaha Dealership for factory parts. You guys that have been here for a while know what I am talking about. Was he asked to pay a vendor fee? I never saw his banner if he was.
I hope Kelly just mistook your intended message but in a nutshell, I agree with SpecOps that this needs to be out there, discussed and settled. This is the process that refines and betters a Forum. The onus is ultimately on Buster to administrate this site to the greatest benefit of all of us.

I can see Busters point. Don't like the outcome though.

Where do you draw the line?

I've wondered hundreds of times why any forum owner even bothers running and maintaining a forum unless they are passionate about the subject matter. Its costly and time consuming and if I had to guess also a financial drain in all but the best cases.

Maybe this is something that might encourage us to DONATE.

Here's an idea;

How about multiple levels or chevrons or something along that line that would build on the "Forum Supporter" we have now.
Might take the pressure off the guy who owns/runs it and help to avoid situations like this.

How about if your not a paid vender, you donate a VERY small percentage of your proceeds to the forum at the end of the year or sale, it would be an " on your honor" kind of thing and may allow the guy thats parts out a bike here or there, or sells a FEW sets of levers to donate a FEW dollars while the guy that sells a complete bike pays a little more . No one knows for sure how many the seats I sell or all the stuff Sean sells , or what any of the other venders do , theres to much, but when I guy comes on and parts out a bike we all know it and for the most part we know where it goes and when its gone.
Just an opinion.

YOU DONT NEED to sell ANYTHING TO DONATE,

If it means we don't lose people like kyle then yes....
I donated when I first joined here...I thought I might have had a reminder a year later but no.
What's the score here....happy to cough up to help keep this a happy place ;)

If it means we don't lose people like kyle then yes....
I donated when I first joined here...I thought I might have had a reminder a year later but no.
What's the score here....happy to cough up to help keep this a happy place ;)

A reminder is sent every year. Maybe yours ended up in a spam filter?

I get so much knowledge, advice, and parts from this site that I feel compelled to donate to keep them this place viable. Additionally, how can I enumerate the enjoyment I derive from speaking with other members, many I never even met! Heck, some of them HAVE given me the shirt off their back! Thanks Rick!!!
Anyhow, if it were a perfect world, everyone that uses the Forum would donate without having to be solicited. There would be no need for the vendor status or fee. And no one would have play enforcer to keep the site sustainable and no one would have to exercise their principles when put in a corner. I thank Buster for allowing this interchange to play out and his openness. Not always an easy thing when you are the party involved.

Again, I don't have a clue what amount of money is involved in becoming a vendor here. All I do know is that when I have a good friend move on, I do anything I can to stop that from happening. All of you are like brothers to me and some have reciprocated those thoughts to me. Some of you likely hate my guts. That's likely because I'm a far right, ASSHOLE at times / or always in some eyes.

I've talked with Kyle and I'm not sure whether he will come back but my offer still stands.

If he can be convinced to return and be part of this forum I'll offer a part of the fee to make him a vendor.

He is not able to come up with that fee on his own after being hit by medical problems. I know what that's all about. I've had over $400,000.00 in medical co pays over the past 15 years. Anyone with me?????????????

What is the cost??????????????????

BTW, Very Strange, this is my 5,000th post here. :confused2:

Last edited:
I can't remember right off hand, but the number $150/year comes to mind. I also believe it can be written off on taxes as an advertising expense.

I'm having a Garage sale today so I'll be tied up most of the day. Anyone else willing to pony up a few bucks, PM Me. I'll give Kyle a call and see if it's even possible. I've got a few thoughts that may work out. Is a vendor limited to only bike parts or are the options flexible to sell other items of possible interest to Vmaxers? Maybe I could partner with him in some way.:confused2:

Dave in Florida

I reckon we should all be trying to help each other as best we can....leave the politics to those that serve themselves (ie politicians of all parties)........
we need as many one our side as we can....

Latest posts

Back