Check your tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For all you people that out there that bitch about cagers endangering your live's How about checking your tires ounce in a while as you are probably endangering your life all by your self because you wont take the extra few minutes to check your tires often . I will lay money that 90 % of the bikes I work on come in with less than 15 PSI in each tire today it was one with 5 in each tire & one with 10. Call me an ass but if your not responsible enough to do this your probably not responsible enough to ride !!!:ummm:

Great post Kyle! I could do better myself, especially since we can have such large temps swings in my area. Best time to check air pressure is in the coldest part of the day, but even if you remember in the afternoon in the hottest part of the day, check your air pressures.

I'm actually really good about that, I check my tire pressure before almost every ride.

For all you people that out there that bitch about cagers endangering your live's How about checking your tires ounce in a while as you are probably endangering your life all by your self because you wont take the extra few minutes to check your tires often . I will lay money that 90 % of the bikes I work on come in with less than 15 PSI in each tire today it was one with 5 in each tire & one with 10. Call me an ass but if your not responsible enough to do this your probably not responsible enough to ride !!!:ummm:
+1,Start her up, and do a quick safety check,tire pressure included. Added bonus
of not riding when the oil is cold and blowing your orange o-ring out.

Just a gentle kind of firm reminder . I just see way to much of it & have to wonder about people some times. It is about the first thing I check on a customers bike . I usually find it as soon as I go to put a bike on the lift I start to push it & go WTF :ummm:

Definitely a big +1. My friend's bike that you worked on with the ultra low psi is now checking more often.

Personally I check minimum once a week plus any time I am going on a long ride. I'm trying to push myself to every day I ride, tough habit to get into but you never know when it would be life or death.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I burned up a Dunlop on my Kaw by letting it run low because I didn't have a 90 degree tire gauge. I couldn't figure out why the rear always wanted to wash out so bad. Lesson learned I guess.

yeah, Kyle but what is the majority of bikes you work on? Harley?
Brett I hate to say it but I have been working on more metrics lately than Harleys but I do have to say the one that had 5 PSI today was a Sportster & the girl told me it probably don't matter that much since I only weigh a 110 pounds & & handed her & her boy friend a new ass

Definitely a big +1. My friend's bike that you worked on with the ultra low psi is now checking more often.

Personally I check minimum once a week plus any time I am going on a long ride. I'm trying to push myself to every day I ride, tough habit to get into but you never know when it would be life or death.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yeah As you can tell I pick out low tires pretty quick how long did it take me to pick out his ?

Please I am really not trying to be an Ass ! If I did not care about people I would not put a rude post up like this. Sometimes you just have to be frank to get the point across. I am just seeing it way to much lately

Times it takes someone being brutally honest. Just checked the air in both my truck and bike. One tire on the truck was a little low, but the rest came out ok. I should invest in a portable air pump I can plug into the cigarette lighter in my truck. Save me from having to run to the gas station every time I need air in my tires! (same with my forks lol)

I am guilty of just kicking the tires and if they feel hard I get on r. What is the best tire preasure to maintain in both tires? I have an '85 Vmax

Back