Corbin Seat to OEM Seat Conversion Ease?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelerBike

Reaction score
Hey all, I saw the seat thread, but I don't know if this issue has been addressed.

Just bought this bike and It came with the Corbin--which is very comfortable. I want the Corbin for 2-up riding. My dilemma is fueling the bike with the Corbin on. It is a pain in the butt. I always spill fuel down in the thing. I would like to purchase/install the OEM when I'm riding 1 up or on short 2 up rides.

Do i need an OEM carrier or any other attachment to go with the OEM seat that the Corbin does not now require.

I just want to make sure I get everything I need to make an OEM seat workable.

Thanks,

P.S. does anyone have an OEM laying around to sell? Must be in mint or close to mint condition.

Thanks,
Steeler

Damn Steelers :(

Hi, steeler, i know what you mean i have one also. But i also have a stock one on my second bike but im looking to replace it with a corbin, are you hell bent on keeping the corbin??? mine is in pretty wicked shape, got a very small round poke/hole on the flip up section, real small on the side otherwise in awesome shape, could send ya a pick if you were interested n a swap.
as for putting on the stock seat, you will need a few more screws thats all, the corbin just attaches with tow longer bolts and the stock seat uses two for the back seat and two bolts plus two screws for the front section. all metric ofcourse

Get a hold of Sean Morley and buy one of his modified seats. #1 they look better than stock and #2 they are WORLDS more comfy. It'll bolt right back on.

Chris

steeler, if u find a seat, i have the package of screws for ya. not mint shape but they work. switching from corbin to stock is very very very easy. pop the corbin off via the 2 bolts, pop the stock on via 6 bolts. but you only really need the 2 for the passenger seat. front seat has 4, but i only use 2, and many guys don't use any as when you pop it in it holds it in place.

I have had Corbin too, and now a modified one from Sean.

I also have something else on mine, which helps not ever spilling fuel: it's a big piece of rigid hose that's fitted over the tank opening and has a screw-on cap at the top. I'm not 100% sure were it came from (was on the bike when I got it) and can take pics if you like, but it's great I never spill any fuel in my Corbin.

Hi, steeler, i know what you mean i have one also. But i also have a stock one on my second bike but im looking to replace it with a corbin, are you hell bent on keeping the corbin??? mine is in pretty wicked shape, got a very small round poke/hole on the flip up section, real small on the side otherwise in awesome shape, could send ya a pick if you were interested n a swap.
as for putting on the stock seat, you will need a few more screws thats all, the corbin just attaches with tow longer bolts and the stock seat uses two for the back seat and two bolts plus two screws for the front section. all metric ofcourse

Tugla, yes, I do like the Corbin and I will certainly need it for 2-up distance riding.

I have had Corbin too, and now a modified one from Sean.

I also have something else on mine, which helps not ever spilling fuel: it's a big piece of rigid hose that's fitted over the tank opening and has a screw-on cap at the top. I'm not 100% sure were it came from (was on the bike when I got it) and can take pics if you like, but it's great I never spill any fuel in my Corbin.

Would love to see pics of it. Thanks,

steeler, if u find a seat, i have the package of screws for ya. not mint shape but they work. switching from corbin to stock is very very very easy. pop the corbin off via the 2 bolts, pop the stock on via 6 bolts. but you only really need the 2 for the passenger seat. front seat has 4, but i only use 2, and many guys don't use any as when you pop it in it holds it in place.

Thanks for your kind offer.

Attachments

• P1080735.JPG
    P1080735.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 29
  • P1080737.JPG
    P1080737.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 28
  • P1080739.JPG
    P1080739.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 27
  • P1080740.jpg
    P1080740.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 28
  • P1080742.JPG
    P1080742.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 29
  • P1080744.JPG
    P1080744.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 27
There ya go. Again I dunno if some PO made this up, or if it's a Corbin accessory.
thats pretty cool, looks like its made up of 2.5 or 2" fuel hose. would be interesting to find out where the fuel cap came from, looks like tts just held on with the clamp, easy simple i like it :punk:. Plus get a little more gas if ya fill it right up to the top ey?

cool idea danny. but i feel your guys pain, on my old '94 it had corbin and what a pita.

When you find a stock seat for sale make sure it comes with all the hardware brackets for the middle piece.

Rhoy

You could even use something like this and avoid having to remove a gas cap at all.

In fact I may look into this with the oem seat, it's a bitch getting the locking cap off when the bike is all loaded up with gear! :bang head:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BHJQS4...e=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B000BHJQS4
oh well danny you beat me to the punch. was just at CDN tire and walked by pretty much the same thing, used so you dont spill fuel. had a bunch of different ones that replace your fuel cap, mostly for cars as they spin on, but with the hose as in the pic should work out good. like a quick pit stop in nascar with fuel cans :punk:

Back