Custom V-Max pipes on ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djw479

Reaction score
Saw these pipes on ebay today, see link at end. Have a few questions for those of you with much more V-max knowledge than me.

1) Anyone know of the builder of them, or any other info? I'm hoping someone here may know of this modded V-max these came off of.

2) Does anyone know if these 2" primary pipes would work well on a stock-sized CC V-Max with a Stage 7 kit installed? I know pipe diameter is very important, but the real science behind it is beyond my brain's capacity. :ummm:

3) Anyone care to guess what material these pipes are made of? I've emailed seller and will update here if I get a response.

If anyone with a bored/stroked V-Max ends up getting these, can I buy your 4/2 system for pointing these out?!? I am joking, but serious at the same time.

Dan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...ies?hash=item35a3f55b4c&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Last edited:
Hey, those pipes are not 2" primary sized. Add says 2" holes in the leaving side of the cans. I would guess the primary side is 1 - 1/4" or maybe 1 - 1/2" tops. Good luck, Spur

Looks EXACTALLY like one of Mark's 4-2 systems. Same cans, mid-pipes and crossover(i believe his is the only one with the crossover).

I agreee Mark, looks exactly like mine save for the cans (mine are not polished) and tips (no turndowns on emine).

Attachments

• Marks not installed 2.jpg
    Marks not installed 2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Marks not installed 3.jpg
    Marks not installed 3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Marks not installed 4.jpg
    Marks not installed 4.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 25
Thanks the info!

I imagine these are the mild steel version based on the pix, but it does not look ceramic coated to me. What do you guys think?

Did Mark sell un-coated pipes? I imagine he would do a custom job w/o coating, but just checking if my thinking is correct. How much does it approximately cost to have a shop coat all pipes?

Thanks in advance for answering my many questions,
Dan

Marks system are form stainless steel.
I doubt that hes coating his exhausts and why ceramic coating the stainless pipes?

I know that he charge 750$ for complete full system 4-2-1.

Try to call him LOL
Tell him to check his email box while you'll be speaking with him :)

Little off oroginal topic but...would there be any advantage to getting my Mark's SS exhaust coated after a season of riding 5k + miles of riding? I kinda like the hue it has taken on though....

Yes you can, but the (for lack of a better term) kick down bar sticks out from the Mark's by 2 maybe 2.5 inches, looked goofy to me. :confused2:

No kidding Brian!! I had to grind half the little foot pad off to get it to clear the can! What the hell???:confused2:

It's very difficult to even see that my c/s is even there....I'll see if I can find a pic!

i think ur black pipes help to blend that in, like mine.

Yeah, I agree with that! Also, bouncing down the road at 95 mph may have 're-adjusted' the angle of the foot lever!!

I wouldn't recommend the mod....but it seems that it did work.....eh?

Attachments

• 100_1597.jpg
    100_1597.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 27
my guess is that it might have been stolen a long time ago and he feels safe to start selling parts little by little ???:ummm:
<<Dave>>:punk:

I'd bet a paycheck those are Marks pipes, and $400 is a decent price, Stainless polishes out fairly easily including the scratches in the cans........

If they've been run quite a bit the cans may need re-packing but that's not a big deal really.

:ummm:He blew up the motor about 4 years ago and is now selling the parts, I asked about how long the carbs were sitting and that was his answer, Good Luck, Spur

Latest posts

Back