DYNO SHOOTOUT - Thunder 2012!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
For all those coming to the 2012 Thunder in the Valley event, I am right now working with a mobile dyno tech to come to Somerset, PA for a local DYNO shootout day on Friday June 23 around lunchtime. Also Working with the local Yamaha dealership and Yamaha regional rep to see all we can do for this event. I need a count of all coming who will commit to running their bike on the dyno?

I spoke with the DYNO tech and he will give us a price break at 12 bikes for $40 each bike, giving 2-3 runs which will give you the latest in dyno read out of HP and air/fuel mappings.

Please respond here if you can commit to this event!

1. Rick Fambry - GEN2
2. Paul Weyand - GEN1
3. Charles Colburn - GEN2
4. Vmax-Mike - GEN1
5. Steve Katz - GEN1
6. Twistedmax - GEN2
7. Veeboost - GEN1
8. 1967vmax - GEN1
9. Scott Melor
10. Gary Dinges - GEN1

This is open to everyone at Thunder to participate for this event.

Thanks in advance....

Last edited:
Put me on the list....never had mine on a dyno. I neeeed to know............:punk:

Dale #2592

Ok, we are up to 8 bikes for this dyno shootout event. Please let me know if your interested to participate in this dyno day. Its not all about getting high readings, but to just see what your bike is pulling on the dyno. Let me know so I can update the list........Thanks!

I'm afraid my '85 would puke up a rod or something. It's never had to work as hard as it would on a dyno. However, the numbers would be interesting. You've got to wonder how much the motor's lost over 120K miles, with no valve, ring or other motor work......

Just reviving this post since this is the signup sheet so we know how many bikes are going to run June 22 on the dyno. I am sure we will have some ride ins too, but that's OK if your unsure! Just let me know and I can update the listing here.

Thanks....

If you havent reserved a spot for the Friday June 22 Thunder Dyno Shootout, then respond to me here so I can add you to the list.

Thanks,

Mike

The countdown to Thunder has begun. There is less than 21 days now, if you haven't reserved a spot for the Friday June 22 Thunder Dyno Shootout, then respond to me here so I can add you to the list.

Thanks,

Mike

Latest posts

Back