Ebc hh brake pads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now after a month my back brakes squeal. Looks like the disk in the back on the edge, not the sides, is hitting something. It starts once I am almost stopped. Loosened the caliper, adjusted it up a little further away from edge, retightened. Did not make much difference.

Anyone got any ideas?

Will take off, examine, reinstall, see if it fixes.

I started with stock pads and 282 mm rotor originally but for the last 5 years I have been running the HH pads and 298mm floating wavy rotor on my old wheel setup. No issues with lockup once I was used to the extra power the rear brake had.
I have Carrozzeria wheels now so I am changing up to a 282 wavy, non floating rotor with a underslung R1 caliper. I am going to try to run HH's but since I always use my rear brakes I don't want a "on-off" rear brake that the more powerful R1 caliper might end up being. We'll see once I can get this rear brake straightened out.

I hadn't noticed any issues with locking up the rear after mounting the R1 caliper. Even with the larger rotor. The R1 calipers have larger pistons than the OEM Vmax rear (30 and 27mm vs. 42.85). Much like when installing a 14mm front brake master will make the front brakes feel more progressive and require more lever travel but less pressure to create the same force as the OE master, installing a rear caliper with larger pistons will have the same effect on rear braking. The pedal will move slightly further and be a bit easier to push down to create the same braking force. I have found that it makes it easier to modulate the rear brakes without locking up the wheel. YMMV.

does it have the anti-sqeek shims on it or some kind of anti sqeek compound?

the anti squeak stuff that sean gave me years ago works extremely well. its a graphite compound u put on the pads. get some from him!

I hadn't noticed any issues with locking up the rear after mounting the R1 caliper. Even with the larger rotor. The R1 calipers have larger pistons than the OEM Vmax rear (30 and 27mm vs. 42.85). Much like when installing a 14mm front brake master will make the front brakes feel more progressive and require more lever travel but less pressure to create the same force as the OE master, installing a rear caliper with larger pistons will have the same effect on rear braking. The pedal will move slightly further and be a bit easier to push down to create the same braking force. I have found that it makes it easier to modulate the rear brakes without locking up the wheel. YMMV.
That's cool, a little lever travel is ok as long as the braking action is progressive.
Just as a thought exercise, are there any rear masters that are a bolt on/ easily adapatable that have a intergrated mc? Just in case a person would want to use that space (and a vacated battery box) for say a gas tank expansion.:biglaugh:

My R1 front calipers would sometimes develop a bit of a screech just as you almost stopped, like 5mph or less. The slightest touch on the lever stopped it but kind of annoying.

I pulled the pads which had plenty of material left and lightly sanded each pad surface. Reinstalled, perfectly quiet again. I suspect the bit of squeal was from brake dust and general crud building up in there, a light sand cleans them off.

Back