Ebc hh brake pads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundermax

Reaction score
Have a 2005, all stock brakes. Looking for the ebc hh brake pad number for the front brake pads and the rear brake pads.

If you know the ebc part no. for front and back let me know please.

I found ebc-fa88hh, but site says 85-92 front, 93-07 rear. Does not say 93-07 for front. So it is just a little confusing.

Another site says for rear also.

Thanks.

Parts guy told me ebc-fa160hh for front. So guess I have numbers now.

call/email sean. his prices are really good.

i'd go organic for the rear.

+1, HH not needed in back. You'll like then in front though. I've never regretted buying them. They'll never fade on you.Mine grab the way I like, no skidding, but they stop the Max quickly.
Steve-o

Rear...FA319

Front...FA160

When I pulled the HH pads out of the front of my max after around 18k miles there were still easily 50%. The rears still looked like new, then again I didn't use the rear brake much.

I use EBC FA160HH - Front and FA88HH - Rear with my STOCK Calipers and Rotors.
I've been running EBC HH pads front and rear for years and I'm very happy with them compared to OEM Pads.

i have FA160hh front and FA88hh rear

love them work awesome, no noise

Rear...FA319

Front...FA160

When I pulled the HH pads out of the front of my max after around 18k miles there were still easily 50%. The rears still looked like new, then again I didn't use the rear brake much.

Yes,
That is also the part number of the new ones I still have in the packaging waiting to install. Front-05

O

Re: Brakes

Organic Rear and HH Front. $90 a set plus shipping. I should have them on hand and you can chose EBC or Galfer.

Sean

Bit of a thread resurrection.

Why organic for the rear? Is it straight cost since it's not necessary for HH in the rear or is there more to it?

^ I've been running the HH's on the Front and Rear for 9 or 10 years without any problems.
I will say the Organic Pads create MUCH more dust and that was the biggest factor in my decision to use HH Pads on the rear.
I'd say it just a matter of personal Preference.

Last edited:
That's a good enough reason me to spring for the HH for the rear. Unless there are disadvantages like being super easy to lock the rear or something else that makes organic the better choice besides the small price difference.

Ra said he got 18k and then some out of his sets. I'm ok to drop the extra $5 every 15-20k miles.

That's a good enough reason me to spring for the HH for the rear. Unless there are disadvantages like being super easy to lock the rear or something else that makes organic the better choice besides the small price difference.

Ra said he got 18k and then some out of his sets. I'm ok to drop the extra $5 every 15-20k miles.

They do make the rear wheel easier to lock because they will grab harder. Not saying you can't use them but they might take some getting use to.

I always used the organic type on the back of my Gen 1's, they have more than enough stopping power for the rear wheel IMO.

Exactly. It's a performance issue. The organics help control wheel lock compared to the HH. I have both types on hand for those that don't care but I don't use the HH's on the rear myself.

They do make the rear wheel easier to lock because they will grab harder. Not saying you can't use them but they might take some getting use to.
That is true, I think I'm just used to the HH's, because I have only ever locked my rear up once or twice over the years.

I also used HH front and rear, and yea you just have to get used to the fact you must always feather the rear pedal as there's more braking power than you need. Then again the same is true with any pads, since during braking most of the weight goes to the front and the rear gets rather light indeed, unless you always ride two-up.

I started with stock pads and 282 mm rotor originally but for the last 5 years I have been running the HH pads and 298mm floating wavy rotor on my old wheel setup. No issues with lockup once I was used to the extra power the rear brake had.
I have Carrozzeria wheels now so I am changing up to a 282 wavy, non floating rotor with a underslung R1 caliper. I am going to try to run HH's but since I always use my rear brakes I don't want a "on-off" rear brake that the more powerful R1 caliper might end up being. We'll see once I can get this rear brake straightened out.

also they seemed to help my brake squealing (organics)

Back