Everything You Wanted To Know About Wasps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought an old used truck camper years ago, didn't know it contained a large carpenter ant nest, the little SOB's got into both my and my neighbors house before I figured it out.........:bang head:.............thankfully we got things under control before they could dig in.

We usest to shoot gas on them with sqirt cans out in the oil field. They'd drop like flies. Had two of them hit me in the neck while moving some pipe racks. Felt like someome slapped me there, hard. Found there was a large nest well in the 30' long, 8" pipe rack. I shot some gas down the pipe, stood off to the side, and lit 'er up. Whoosh! Flames and BBQ'd hornets came flying out the ends. I' didn't get stung anymore.

Seen a program on those Japanese Hornets. Those are some nasty creatures. They can kill about anything. Their sting poison and rot flesh and meat.

We have shitloads of Yellow Jackets and Red Hornets in Texas, to me they are all wasps...

And for some reason it annoys the shit out of me when some one calls anything but a bee a bee, if it looks even remotely like a wasp/hornet/yellow jacket, it AIN'T A BEE!

When I'm out in the garage I keep a can of Ether starting fluid and a barbecue lighter handy, It's fun as shit to light them up that way.......

The nieghbors think I'm nuts...

The greenies are the reason a lot of sprays don't drop them instantly anymore. the old sprays had a tetraflourocarbon formulation that worked fantastic to drop them, and a pesiticide to kill them. Electraclean had the same shit that would drop them minus the pesticide. Electraclean doesn't have the good stuff in it anymore either...

I am not your neighbor and i KNOW your nuts:)

We have shitloads of Yellow Jackets and Red Hornets in Texas, to me they are all wasps...

And for some reason it annoys the shit out of me when some one calls anything but a bee a bee, if it looks even remotely like a wasp/hornet/yellow jacket, it AIN'T A BEE!

When I'm out in the garage I keep a can of Ether starting fluid and a barbecue lighter handy, It's fun as shit to light them up that way.......

The nieghbors think I'm nuts...

Brake and carb cleaner do a pertty effective job of dropping them too.................That's all I have lying around the shop..............

Have you ever noticed when you get stung or run into a spider web, you suddenly turn into a ninja:angry flame:

This guy goes about it in a more creative way....

http://www.youtube.com/user/Davidsfarm#p/u/4/dccbRtUrfUQ

That sux, I clicked on the link then got this:
Davidsfarm has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of our Community Guidelines.

I thought I was seeing more wasps over the past few years, but I didn't give it much thought.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/weather/article4009658.ece
Up here you can tell its entering summertime when these guys start appearing around the woodpile.

2184818.jpg

Here is a cool bug site: http://www.whatsthatbug.com/

as a kid i used to trap those big assed carpenter bees in a jar. then i put them in a freezer for about 15 minutes or so till they cant move anymore. then i would take them out of the jar and tie a long string to one of its legs. once they warmed up, i would fly them around like a kite. and yes i lived a sheltered life...

But the nastiest of them all that i ran into is the white faced hornet, they are mean and if you mess with them the will run your ass down and fuck your day up!

Kinda surprised no one brought up killer african bees. May not be as evil looking but any hord of 300+ buzzing bees mean enough to follow you 100 yards to a body of water and smart enough to wait for you to come up for air gets my vote.

as a kid i used to trap those big assed carpenter bees in a jar. then i put them in a freezer for about 15 minutes or so till they cant move anymore. then i would take them out of the jar and tie a long string to one of its legs. once they warmed up, i would fly them around like a kite. and yes i lived a sheltered life...

But the nastiest of them all that i ran into is the white faced hornet, they are mean and if you mess with them the will run your ass down and fuck your day up!
We call them bald faced hornets around here and you're right those bitches are mean and nasty!

I love to use a BBQ lighter and a can of brake clean or carb clean and shoot the little bastards out of the air! or Torch a nest it is the best! FYI make sure to use the tube that comes with the can. Oh yeah always think first about what the nest is attached to before torching them. Not that I have torched my house , but don't want you too. LOL

G

Back