Fastest (observed) top speed on the Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet you do have something in your garage that can run. I was really making that comment towards Qaurterhorse. Difference between someone 42 and 25.
It would be interesting though to make a video on the speedo so we can watch it and time it. I guess its really the only way to compare roll on power being that we are in different states.

I have nothing running yet, I can either post old timeslips, have a few friends bring theirs out, or you can wait for me to get this ole slow Dart going. ;)

Oh BTW it's less than 360 inches of street car Mopar. :D

Get a vid cam setup on the speedo of your ride and start from 85MPH and run it up to 160 and post your video.:punk:

I just thought though, I'm not sure how that'll work, nothing in a '67 Dash read that high haha. No real way to "prove" it, so I guess it's all talk. Oh well, I'll know when it's done.

Again, I do know of some street cars up and running that may take you up on that bet though. I'm thinking something running mid to high 5's in the 1/8th that's gear'd to leg it out due to the big snail under the hood may leave our bikes in the rear view.

I was just trying bustin your balls Qaurter it's been awhile. Trying to get ya going with the Ford and Mopar thing.:argue 1:
There is a mustang here with twin turbos and nos and thats all he will admit running mid 5's @ 126+mph in the 1/8 through mufflers. I know there are some bad ass street cars and the VMAX is a slug really after 70MPH

After some big cams and port work my max pulls a ton harder on the topend. Reaching the top end speed is no problem and I'd bet less than 1/2 a mile.I was going to put nitrous on but I decided that I would rather have it run good all the time instead of having an empty bottle everytime that I went for a ride.

After some big cams and port work my max pulls a ton harder on the topend. Reaching the top end speed is no problem and I'd bet less than 1/2 a mile.I was going to put nitrous on but I decided that I would rather have it run good all the time instead of having an empty bottle everytime that I went for a ride.

Nitrous is fun... but it is a PAIN in the ARSE! I think I'm going to make a bracket to hold a 10lb bottle, I know it has been done before..... messing withe changing bottles, trying to have consistant pressure, getting the bottles filled each week... don't get me wrong... it is a blast, but I would love to have a turbo bike!

I also have a LOT to learn about nitrous, and I'm just getting my feet wet with it, but I would love to be able to twist the throttle and have that extra horsepower there all the time!

Jeff

I was just trying bustin your balls Qaurter it's been awhile. Trying to get ya going with the Ford and Mopar thing.:argue 1:
There is a mustang here with twin turbos and nos and thats all he will admit running mid 5's @ 126+mph in the 1/8 through mufflers. I know there are some bad ass street cars and the VMAX is a slug really after 70MPH

Oh it's all in fun. :D

My 'lil ole iron headed 340 er I mean 273 prolly couldn't keep up, or at least that's my story. ;)

I don't know WHY on earth I needed to go with a Dana 60 under the rear and move the leaf springs in with a mini-tub.....

Dana18.jpg

I guess put me down for a 140 @ 9K. I really don't know that mine will do much more as is.

All I know is I wanna supercharger now. :)

I don't know WHY on earth I needed to go with a Dana 60 under the rear and move the leaf springs in with a mini-tub.....

Well... because it looks cool of course...:biglaugh:

Ya'll know these speedo's are off by quite a bit right??? Mine is off 12mph or so but I am running a non stock front tire/wheel.

Yeah well if your speedo is pinned at the mark past 155 that would mean 160, in actuality its about 152-153 going by what a digital speedo was reading on a late model GIXXER. So mine is off 7-8 mph at 160.
152-154-158 doesnt matter its all white knuckle ass puckering after 135 on the VMAX IMO. Jump on a sport bike and I feel comfy cruising at 170

Thats what makes the VMAX so fun to ride, it feels so fast due to its riding postion, no fairing to hide behind and its sloppy handling. Just dont look at the numbers on paper and its faster than anything out there.

last november while i was in the market i took one out for a test run out on the verge of town at just over 70 in the mirror was some blue and red lights in the distance i thort shit took the next right and went faster than the wind blows . Sorry didnt look at speedo had other things on my mind . Well dropped off the bike and off i went . I eventually saw that cop down the next street checking driveways .:rocket bike:

I have had it to 135 several times, what good is a V-Max, if you do not know how fast it will go. Only thing about going 135 is it makes my nut sack shrink, damnest thing I ever saw. I guess that is why they say it takes nuts to go beyond 135+

Coming clean, here. After almost 5,000 miles, I've had my Max up to 90, or almost 90, once. I ride almost exclusively here in the suburbs of Dallas, and just not that many opportunities for a safe high speed blast.

How's that for weak sauce? :confused2:

Coming clean, here. After almost 5,000 miles, I've had my Max up to 90, or almost 90, once. I ride almost exclusively here in the suburbs of Dallas, and just not that many opportunities for a safe high speed blast.

Come on over to my side of the Metroplex Arlington side has many places one can open her up on try 287 North or South from between GP and Arlington and vice versa.

Come on over to my side of the Metroplex Arlington side has many places one can open her up on try 287 North or South from between GP and Arlington and vice versa.

I'd love to hang out with some fellow Maxers around here. :thumbs up: There just don't seem to be many here in Plano.

all you need is a block lol. If I do not hit at least 100 on every ride I have a empty feeling.

Latest posts

Back