high octane fuel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't more heat = less power?

Nope, more heat equals more power as in why ceramic coating and exhaust wrapping are so popular. It insulates the exhaust pipe and allows the gasses to flow easier, which allows less restriction to the air pump (aka engine) If the air pump has an easier time getting rid of the exhaust gasses the more available power. Exhaust dont create any more power they just let the big air pump pump more air.

Now since his post was about the engine running hotter, the hotter the engine (to an extent) will allow for a better burn on the A/F mixture and give more power as well.

Remember this is up to a certain point in which heat gains will actually be detrimental to the engine.

Avation gas is not normal gas that most of us can get and since higher octane gas is a SLOWER burning gas it will not fully ignite under the conditions our engines will see.

This horse is DEAD:deadhorse:

Doesn't more heat = less power?

giv Huber sometime to blow the dust off his physics books, I am sure he will repsond to this question with all kind of formulas %-5FX7.9986 to the third power X Pie = heat distrubution in which will relate to the formula of A=CH+3-A when dived by 3.88709 which really doesnt mean a damn thing but make me look smart since I really dont have a clue to what I am talking about.. Ohh shit I just realized I am messing with Busters Boy.. I am shutting up now,

FOR 87 OCTANE , BEING SUCH A HOT COMMODITY & MAKING EVERYTHING GO SO MUCH FASTER , I'M JUST WONDERING WHY OUT OF ALL OF THE RACE TRACKS I'VE RACED AT & WORKED ON PEOPLES CARS EVEN DIRT TRACKS , SINCE I WAS 16 YEARS OLD & I'M 45 YEARS OLD , NOT ONE , NOT ONE , NOT ONE , SELLS REGULAR - SUPER OR HIGH TEST , THE LOWEST IS 104 OR CLOSE TO THAT , SOMEONE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME ! :stir pot::deadhorse::stir pot::deadhorse::stir pot::deadhorse:

Ohh no.. not you Coprunner I gave you more credit... Geeeeze man, f it dude everyone has a bad day, so I will select my memory to fogetful after this post...

Race Track,,, Race.... Race engine... Racecar spelled backwards is....... racecar:clapping: but dont get confused now and think racetrack is spelled the same backwards.. Cracka!!
Anyways... Simple term Race engines are usually high compression..
Ok here let me try this the simple way..
High Octane Fuel= Slower Burn Rate.
Low Octane Fuel= Faster Burn Rate.

Are ya following me so far, put your hand down back there shit stick Mark will answer your question as soon as he is done making my burrito.

High Compression equals cylinder pressure which explodes quicker in result use race fuel to prevent detenation so it doesnt blow up on the up stroke of the piston cycle.
High octane isnt more flammable yes I know the media has all of you thinking P O W E R cleaner burn.....Premium fuel yeah race gas ohh look at that octane wow 114 I bet that shit burns super fast.. Ohh shit fast burn means faster engine doesnt it?? NO!!!!! Lots of good articles on the internet,, do a google search and type in octane fuel power..
Class dismissed

FOR 87 OCTANE , BEING SUCH A HOT COMMODITY & MAKING EVERYTHING GO SO MUCH FASTER , I'M JUST WONDERING WHY OUT OF ALL OF THE RACE TRACKS I'VE RACED AT & WORKED ON PEOPLES CARS EVEN DIRT TRACKS , SINCE I WAS 16 YEARS OLD & I'M 45 YEARS OLD , NOT ONE , NOT ONE , NOT ONE , SELLS REGULAR - SUPER OR HIGH TEST , THE LOWEST IS 104 OR CLOSE TO THAT , SOMEONE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME ! :stir pot::deadhorse::stir pot::deadhorse::stir pot::deadhorse:

damn... you just got told by the village idiot :p

I missed that one, care to enlighten us with your confusing mind straining sense of humor?

Village Idiot?:confused2: Village People? Village.. WTF damn I think I am pretty sharp but you lost me on this one..

Lay the Nitrous Whippets down and come back to further explain your joke that no one can understand

I wouldn't call it mind straining. I have only been around for a few weeks and I understand it completely. On almost every post you act like condescending, pompous idiot. You may be full of useful knowledge for fellow maxers but it doesn't overshadow the fact that you act like a prick to them.

Ohh no.. not you Coprunner I gave you more credit... Geeeeze man, f it dude everyone has a bad day, so I will select my memory to fogetful after this post...

Race Track,,, Race.... Race engine... Racecar spelled backwards is....... racecar:clapping: but dont get confused now and think racetrack is spelled the same backwards.. Cracka!!
Anyways... Simple term Race engines are usually high compression..
Ok here let me try this the simple way..
High Octane Fuel= Slower Burn Rate.
Low Octane Fuel= Faster Burn Rate.

Are ya following me so far, put your hand down back there shit stick Mark will answer your question as soon as he is done making my burrito.

High Compression equals cylinder pressure which explodes quicker in result use race fuel to prevent detenation so it doesnt blow up on the up stroke of the piston cycle.
High octane isnt more flammable yes I know the media has all of you thinking P O W E R cleaner burn.....Premium fuel yeah race gas ohh look at that octane wow 114 I bet that shit burns super fast.. Ohh shit fast burn means faster engine doesnt it?? NO!!!!! Lots of good articles on the internet,, do a google search and type in octane fuel power..
Class dismissed
" LOL ":rofl_200::stir pot: JUST TRYING TO GET THIS ONE GOING LIKE THE LAST ONE !:rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:ITS ALL GOOD " LOL ":rofl_200::punk::biglaugh:

I missed that one, care to enlighten us with your confusing mind straining sense of humor?

Village Idiot?:confused2: Village People? Village.. WTF damn I think I am pretty sharp but you lost me on this one..

Lay the Nitrous Whippets down and come back to further explain your joke that no one can understand

Damn Lankee.... I think you have been hitting the old pipe a bit too much!!! And not sharing by the way!:bang head:

And since you wanted some equations I'll give you a few from my old college days... which really weren't that long ago, but you SHOULD be able to keep up: Ready? O.k. first wipe the drule off you face and we will begin:

What is the square root of 69?

Ate something..... get it 8 something..... like 8.30662386

o.k. are you still with me?

What is 69 times 2?

Dinner for 4.

I'm not sure what this has to do about octane and fuel, but you asked for some equations, and there you go!:biglaugh:

I wouldn't call it mind straining. I have only been around for a few weeks and I understand it completely. On almost every post you act like condescending, pompous idiot. You may be full of useful knowledge for fellow maxers but it doesn't overshadow the fact that you act like a prick to them.

:clapping:

What is the square root of 69?

Ate something..... get it 8 something..... like 8.30662386

o.k. are you still with me?

What is 69 times 2?

Dinner for 4.
:biglaugh:

Go Jeff go! Now that's my kind of math :th_butt::th_kissass::th_529::buttsexor::th_SmileyBoobs:

I don't hang out at the track all that often, but it seems to me that the colder the engine, and the colder the air and gas going into it, the more horsepower produced. Conversely, the hotter the air/fuel and the hotter the engine, the better fuel economy produced. That is why modern cars are mostly running the hotter thermostats as compared to the old favorite 180 degree thermo from way back.

You only run as high of octane as will permit running WITHOUT detonation (ping) in order to save money on the more expensive gas which don't do a thing to improve hp.

I've never heard that running too high of octane gas did anything to decrease hp - only that it decreased the greenbacks in your wallet faster.

I guess I learned something today.

I'd also like to say that I got the joke earlier too.

Aren't engines designed to make the most power in a certain heat range? This would mean too hot = less power, too cold = less power.

Hey Thanks for your opinion JR Member. You will be in the group with all the other sensitive people from here! It really doesnt bother me with your statement more so just shows you are just another sensitive individual that is soft and adds to the way the world the way it is today.
I will tell you this though.... Name callers dont last long here!
Buster.. I hope you give him one and the last warning since he is new and hasnt added anything to site but his uneducated opinion that really no one gives a rats ass about.
Thank you for the compliment of my wide knowledge. I will be sure to ignore your posts when you ask for help:clapping:
If you care to chat about this more come on over to the lounge where the soft get there feelings hurt or stay in the kiddie park with Robbin the Boy Wonder!

Hey Thanks for your opinion JR Member. You will be in the group with all the other sensitive people from here! It really doesnt bother me with your statement more so just shows you are just another sensitive individual that is soft and adds to the way the world the way it is today.
I will tell you this though.... Name callers dont last long here!
Buster.. I hope you give him one and the last warning since he is new and hasnt added anything to site but his uneducated opinion that really no one gives a rats ass about.
Thank you for the compliment of my wide knowledge. I will be sure to ignore your posts when you ask for help:clapping:
If you care to chat about this more come on over to the lounge where the soft get there feelings hurt or stay in the kiddie park with Robbin the Boy Wonder!

For starters you, I am not in the least bit offended by nothing you say. You asked a question and I answered it. I could really give a shit less. Look's like your the sensitive one here guy. You and your opinions are nothing to me. You call me a JR member like that makes me who I am!?! Maybe for you but this site does not determine my character or my being or who I am. It affects my life in no way, shape or form. Furthermore, I could care less about you, the lounge or any other place you play. I am not going to pander to you or anybody so they will talk to me or give me advice. If they want to they will and if not, that's fine too. Oh, and thank you...thanks for ignoring all of my future posts. I can't say you never did nothing for me.

As stated in the previous post. If you want to continue this conversation take it the lounge due to sensitive people read this thread. I really would like to reply to your post in my own personal manner to you.
I am not going to be banned due to an ignorant comment from a JR member that isnt aware of the rules here.

Thanks.
For starters you, I am not in the least bit offended by nothing you say. You asked a question and I answered it. I could really give a shit less. Look's like your the sensitive one here guy. You and your opinions are nothing to me. You call me a JR member like that makes me who I am!?! Maybe for you but this site does not determine my character or my being or who I am. It affects my life in no way, shape or form. Furthermore, I could care less about you, the lounge or any other place you play. I am not going to pander to you or anybody so they will talk to me or give me advice. If they want to they will and if not, that's fine too. Oh, and thank you...thanks for ignoring all of my future posts. I can't say you never did nothing for me.

I find it rather sad that some children on this forum ( and he knows who he is), can't post intelligently and has to hide behind his Internet persona to try and get a reaction from people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back