Insurance... A Bad Joke.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I got the insurance bill for my 94 the other day. Figured I'd call and give them a hard time at Dairyland Insurance, see about putting my 89 on one of my policy's and combine all 3 bikes. Well, The Harley is a separate policy through them. Only Harley reps have access to it. Yada,Yada,Yada.. Best left alone before it gets screwed up, it's under $100.00 a year.

So, I fussed because my 94 VMax Insurance went up about $20.00 a year and asked why I'm not being rewarded for years of no trouble or claims. The young lady, Missy started in that I was not the problem. It was caused by a statewide rate increase. I'm getting discounts for exceeding the number of years riding experience that they count. Safe Driver, AARP Discount, Low Yearly Mileage Discount. she went on and on with things I've never heard of for discounts... Anyway. My bill for the years was going to be $158.03 for my collision and liability. 100,000, 300,000, 50,000. This is the 94 by itself... Doesn't include the 89.

I added the 89 to that policy and told her to eliminate Roadside Assistance. Now, They offer no collision for the 89????? Because It's over 20 years old... No collision offered at any price. My insurance bill with the same limits for both bikes ended up being, $170.18... Who's gonna help me swap the damaged parts really fast from the 89 to the 94 If I wreck the 89.... :ummm::confused2::eusa_dance::clapping::rofl_200:$12.15 more to cover a second bike too... My Butt...

Insurance isn't a joking matter, I know you guys in Canada are being bled dry to get your bikes on the road and that's very very sad....

ya my bike registration went up a flat 30 bucks if i recall correctly. insurance is gay. it should be a savings account that pays you back a % every 5 years or something

you just pay and pay and pay and never see it again. no wonder they get scammed so much. its a fuchin scam itself

What If.... I'd never bought insurance but paid and received for damages done, I'd be very rich.... Insurance and Taxes, our 2 worst enemy's.....

Oh, and CAGER'S of course....:ummm:

I guess diffrent companies work diffrent ways. We have everything on the 85 collision & all & I also had it on the CBX. The CBX was a bit more because they made us do an agreed value thing.

lol I have a good friend that is in the insurance industry. His mother taught him the biz, I guess that is all he knows that is why he is still doing it. His is the workers comp insurance though. He absolutley hates insurance. He also says it is the biggest scam and it is legal. Kinda like penalties, compounded interest, etc from our IRS. If anyone of us charged that shit to a customer or a business tried to charge you that outlandish crap it would be called "illeagal"

Enough before I blow my cork

Gannon

Insurance isn't a joking matter, I know you guys in Canada are being bled dry to get your bikes on the road and that's very very sad....

i figured this comment was due to my comment in your other thread, yes, it is very sad.... I appreciate that someone noticed. If i could say again what i mentioned in another thread, Just so everyone knows my yearly license is 25 bucks. if i get into an accident its not my vehicle insurance that goes up its my 25 dollar license that turns into 500 for the year.

My 2007 vmax costs $1507 for the year, for anyone in Saskatchewan. I get $200,000 liability, $700 deductable, and actual cash value for a damaged vehicle(which they try to fvck you at all costs). i can buy a package policy on top for around $170 bucks which lowers my deductible to $200 and gives me $1000000 liability. the bike has a motor over 1000 ccs so its rated in a high dollar bracket. if it were under this the plates would be 1/3 or less of what they are.

I have 3 vehicles, an 08 FJ cruiser, an 02 Alero and the max. im sure im around $3000 a year to plate, and the wife and i have great driving records.

I must also add that Saskatchewan Govt Insurance (SGI) is the ONLY insurance allowed in Sask. there is no private insurance = no competition. meaning high rates. its bullshit. but what can we do? i need to drive, i want the bike. hands are tied. im extremely envious of ppl like SpecOps 13 that 'only' pay $300 bucks a year. that would be sweet.

anyone that pays less than me for plates, you guys are lucky. anyone that pays more, if we ever meet, ill buy you a beer cause you know how it feels.

peace,
evan....

i figured this comment was due to my comment in your other thread, yes, it is very sad.... I appreciate that someone noticed. If i could say again what i mentioned in another thread, Just so everyone knows my yearly license is 25 bucks. if i get into an accident its not my vehicle insurance that goes up its my 25 dollar license that turns into 500 for the year.

My 2007 vmax costs $1507 for the year, for anyone in Saskatchewan. I get $200,000 liability, $700 deductable, and actual cash value for a damaged vehicle(which they try to fvck you at all costs). i can buy a package policy on top for around $170 bucks which lowers my deductible to $200 and gives me $1000000 liability. the bike has a motor over 1000 ccs so its rated in a high dollar bracket. if it were under this the plates would be 1/3 or less of what they are.

I have 3 vehicles, an 08 FJ cruiser, an 02 Alero and the max. im sure im around $3000 a year to plate, and the wife and i have great driving records.

I must also add that Saskatchewan Govt Insurance (SGI) is the ONLY insurance allowed in Sask. there is no private insurance = no competition. meaning high rates. its bullshit. but what can we do? i need to drive, i want the bike. hands are tied. im extremely envious of ppl like SpecOps 13 that 'only' pay $300 bucks a year. that would be sweet.

anyone that pays less than me for plates, you guys are lucky. anyone that pays more, if we ever meet, ill buy you a beer cause you know how it feels.

peace,
evan....

Private Insurance in Ontario isn't much better!! I know guys who have been quoted $2-3000 per year. If you have a second bike you pay the same as the first. Now those poor guys in Quebec....I hear anything "sport bike" rated is out of this world prompting a huge sell off in that province.

Dale #2592:damn angry:

Amazing what moving to a state with more prairie dogs than people will do for insurance rates :)

Back