Mad Max 8 inch stretch / 300mm / single shock

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heretic

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of a local Max owner's new setup that I thought you all would like to see. He never visits this site, even though I tell him to. It is a Mad Max 8 inch stretched swingarm with 300mm rear tire and a single shock setup that he fabbed himself. He originally had the 300mm but recently sent the swing arm back to Mad Max to stretch it and put the rotor and caliper on the left side instead of the right. He is going to paint the swingarm body color and is still working on it now. He also has a 2006 'Busa with some nice aftermarket touches and a Yamaha ATV of some sort. O' to be single!

DSC01676.JPG
DSC01728.JPG
DSC01729.JPG
DSC01732.JPG
DSC01736.JPG

Hey Heretic:

That guy's ride looks amazing! Any idea who makes the exhaust system on that bike? I'm interested especially in that muffler he has.

Thanks!

Elimax

That's a nice setup but that lower shock bracket looks a little flimsy. Had a shock bracket break on me once trying to go too light... you can just imagine what happens it does.

That's a nice setup but that lower shock bracket looks a little flimsy. Had a shock bracket break on me once trying to go too light... you can just imagine what happens it does.

I was just thinking the same thing. That thing will break over time. Stock sport bikes use a MUCH stronger method of attachment. The amount of stress on that mount is going to be stupid.

Looks awesome otherwise. Lot's 'O money indeed... :eusa_dance:

I was just thinking the same thing. That thing will break over time. Stock sport bikes use a MUCH stronger method of attachment. The amount of stress on that mount is going to be stupid.

Looks awesome otherwise. Lot's 'O money indeed... :eusa_dance:

Yes mucho stress. Mine broke when the bike hooked up coming out of the hole. I was hangin on so hard I had to pull the seat leather out of my ass when I finally came to a stop.

Yea, it's nice. Here's a couple of pics of our shot at the mono.

Sean

Attachments

• 6 inch over mono shock 2.jpg
    6 inch over mono shock 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 51
  • Upper Mono Shock Mount 2.jpg
    Upper Mono Shock Mount 2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 37
Hey Heretic:

That guy's ride looks amazing! Any idea who makes the exhaust system on that bike? I'm interested especially in that muffler he has.

Thanks!

Elimax

It a Kerker 4-1. He wrapped the pipes and the muffler is the factory Kerker piece, cut down and powdercoated black with a chrome cap.

Back