Modified Stock Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen this done on plenty maxes forsale. We drilled my girlfriends brothers blast to make it louder.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I drilled out the deflector plate down the main tube...sounds good, but there is no going back after that mod...

Awesome! I like the look of the stick exhaust, just not loud enough. I know it wont sound like a thousand dollar system but it wilk have to be better than what it is now. Thanks guys

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone ever done this? My only concern is drilling holes in the pipe. But i guess if you ever wanted it back to stock sound, you could rivet the holes shut again and nobody would ever know.
I know it's a popular mod BUT! When you put holes in your pipes,you will decrease back pressure.So when it gets hot your Max will not idle right. Your rivet idea is a good one.

I know it's a popular mod BUT! When you put holes in your pipes,you will decrease back pressure.So when it gets hot your Max will not idle right. Your rivet idea is a good one.

Vant this be fixed with mixture screw???

I drilled 1/2" holes in each pipe & was constantly fucking with the mixture screws.It was allways running rich.So I got some used OEM pipes & it went back to a normal idle again.I liked the way my old pipes sounded out on the road though, I miss that:confused2:

Try a k&n??? Wierd it would run rich after that hmmmm. I'm about to wrap my exhaust did a lot of research. Air will flow faster threw it due to heat being kept in. Local kid that mad his own cans out of the stock ones wrapped his he said it made a world of difference. Also read multiple times that wraping exhaust may make engine run leaner. Hmm

Drill a hole between carb and engjne that would lean it out haha jk don't do that!!!

Wrap the cans?? I may a doofus but I dont understand. lol. :ummm: Wrap them with what? :hmmm::confused2:

My old exhaust was drilled out at the end caps and the baffle was punched out. I loved the sound. Went to marks pipe when I could afford it.

Wrap the cans?? I may a doofus but I dont understand. lol. :ummm: Wrap them with what? :hmmm::confused2:

think wrapping the pipes not the mufflers will show the benifit mentioned in the post. you can buy header wrap made for doing that. a little truck is soak it in water...makes it easier to wrap tight and nicely...

id go with drilling end cap but if you are set on drilling pipes I have a set for sale you can do it to and have yours still available for when you wanna go back to non drilled or vise versa.

Instead of playing around with the stock exhaust, I know someone that has a full Hindle exhaust with a reasonable price tag.

picture.php

LOL that's my vid! I've got another one of me doing a burnout that will give you an idea what it sounds like after its been drilled to 3/4"

Back