my first crash today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
Today at 3pm Manila time, I experienced my worst time with my vmax.
Riding peacefully on a 4 lanes road, I got cut by a 125cc who did not see me.
I did brake strong (maybe too strong) to avoid the guy and the car on my left but bad luck the bike lost grip from the front and started to slide.
I got ejected at the beginning of the sliding. The bike did slide 50 to 100m on the side and i followed behind on the road.

I think I got lucky, I didn't not brake any bones just lost some skin on the road.
My toes became blue and are painfull.
Maybe just a way to tell me to wear full gears next time.

The bike slide on the good side, so the 4-2-1 pipe system was not damage.
The crash guard on the left side is dead, same for the metal grips.
Clutch lever is bended, same for the clutch pedal.
So nothing too bad, I was able to ride the bike going home (3 miles).

So for now, I'm cleaning my wounds and thinking about fixing the bike for the next ride.

What a fucking day and I hate those irresponsible riders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :th_biggun::th_biggun::th_biggun:

Sorry to hear about that. Glad you are still in one piece. Did the prick stop?
While your healing up, get a parts list together. I'll see if I have anything you need.

Heal up quick,
KJ

Shit! Sorry man , I hate hearing anyone going down on a bike especially a fellow Vmaxer. Least you're ok-ish and you'll be able to fix the bike.

The guy was waiting like 300m far away looking at me.
He was standing like watching a stunt in a movie.
Good thing I got some assistance from a car driver who's also a biker.
He helped me to put back the bike on the side stand.

I already contacted my insurance, hope they will cover the repair if I get lucky.
So far just minor stuff to change I guess but better to have the bike checked since the slide was pretty impressive to me.

Today I really say thanks to those big crash guard :)

Thanks for the support guy :)

As you see not much damage.
Just cropped crash guard, and bended clutch and metal grip.
I didn't expect those to be damaged that much but i'm happy they did their job protecting the entire bike.

Good to have a bike of metal and not plastic :)

Attachments

• 12012010143.jpg
    12012010143.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 12012010142.jpg
    12012010142.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 58
That sucks but glad to hear you are ok for the most part anyway.

Sean

very shitty but glad u are able to write it up.

I didn't expect those to be damaged that much but i'm happy they did their job protecting the entire bike.

Looks like you lucked out my friend! Glad you're OK and it looks like a few peso's will fix it right up like new again.

By the way... If you're like me and are always aspiring to be perfect (I'm really close lol) The past tense for bend is bent. Not bended. Just an FYI for you. Not judging as your English is MUCH better than my tagalog. lol :biglaugh:

Great to hear you were able to ride home. Mend up and take stock of what you need in the way of parts. It's a good reminder for ATGATT.

The guy was waiting like 300m far away looking at me.
He was standing like watching a stunt in a movie.
Good thing I got some assistance from a car driver who's also a biker.
He helped me to put back the bike on the side stand.

I already contacted my insurance, hope they will cover the repair if I get lucky.
So far just minor stuff to change I guess but better to have the bike checked since the slide was pretty impressive to me.

Today I really say thanks to those big crash guard :)

Thanks for the support guy :)

Im with ya on the engine guards , they not only save the motor but save the leg if you ever get trapped under one .

Glad you are mostly OK...........

Why is your insurance going to pay and not his???:ummm:

Well i think your bag of luck is empty but im glad that you stayed in one piece.

Heal quick and get the fat insurance!

Back