New Guy just bought 06 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax06

Reaction score
Sup guys, im new here and already have some questions about my newly acquired 2006 vmax, onyx black with factory red flames and a headlight fairing... Thing is scary fast (considering that i only have 2 month experience on a bike)

I just have couple of questions, how many factory bhp does it have??? Is that a cruiser or a sport bike???
Also, How does it compare to an R6 or and R1 performance wise (straight line)

Mine is stock
Dont have pics yet, but looks identical to this one, except a headlight fairing...
2006vmax.jpg

I just have couple of questions, how many factory bhp does it have???
145 bhp at the crank
Is that a cruiser or a sport bike???
neither - it's a Muscle Bike
Also, How does it compare to an R6 or and R1 performance wise (straight line)
slighty faster on acceleration than an R6, way slower than an R1. Both go faster in top speed.

Congrats on the purchase, man - and welcome to the best forum on the net. I've only been here a few months (got my Max early in June) but I've already benefited a ton from the guys on here

Thing is scary fast (considering that i only have 2 month experience on a bike)

Max is scary fast, it doesn't matter how experience you have on a bike! :eusa_dance:

WELCOME ! ALL YOU NEED NOW IS A BELLY PAN & SOME SPIKES & IT'LL BE AWESOME !:punk: PS' ALWAYS RIDE WITH YOU HEAD , NOT WITH YOUR BALLS ! AT LEAST NOT UNTIL YOU GET USED TO IT !:punk:

Respect it and take your time learning.......you've got a lifetime......keep it that way:clapping:

Welcome to as said before the best forum. AND DEFINITELY THE BEST BIKE(my opinion only but shared by many). Time to start making it your own. So much stuff out there to change. Roy

The right guy on any R6 newer then 2003 or 2004 will whoop your butt. All the R1's will. In fact about every sportbike 600 will beat it. Now, from a start or a quick punch of the throttle you'll jump on them but they will catch up.

Have fun and welcome,
Sean

Welcome to our world, there is a world of knoledge floating around here.
as I have been riding for 30 some odd years I will tell you that the vmax is a hot rod cruiser and in my honest opinion it is NOT a novice bike for beginers so just keep it mellow untill you come to know it very well.
It dosen`t stop as fast as you would like it to I suggest that you keep it out of the v-boost range for a while and never mind the R1`s and newer sport bikes because they will squash you LOL.
Be cool on that thing and live to enjoy it.
By the way, there are three other local max owners in here I`ve been looking to form a vmax club for So. Cal. and west coast.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Why thanx for the warm welcome guys and thanx on the info. My brother is definitely not happy with me with getting this bike, because he know that im prone to speeding...
Had couple of exhibition of speed charges already lol
Im trying to take it lightly right now

Im also wondering, does this bike get generally accepted by both sport bike crew or cruiser???

Why thanx for the warm welcome guys and thanx on the info. My brother is definitely not happy with me with getting this bike, because he know that im prone to speeding...

Im also wondering, does this bike get generally accepted by both sport bike crew or cruiser???

Who cares????

They should all ride with you no matter what.....if not:damn angry:

the nice thing with the Vmax is you can ride with any group from cuisers to sport bikes. if you ride with sportbikes do not follow to close they can really out brake you. You will love your bike congrats.

The Harley riders out here in So.Cal. generaly don`t like anything that they know can beat them but a few(andI do mean a few) have respect for the max and as far as the sport bikers go , they know that they are faster but they respect the launching ability of the max because they know that in an 1/8 mile we kill `em where as we can launch hard from a stand still they cant without the front end comming up on them but, they know that they can catch us and beat us so, those of them that don`t know respect for the max need to be taught and that is sometimes painful to them and sometimes they are amazed by it.
<<Dave>>:punk:

HMM... Your '06 looks different than mine... :confused2:

Enjoy it!

Attachments

• 100_2394.jpg
    100_2394.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_2398.jpg
    100_2398.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 19
why thanx for the warm welcome guys and thanx on the info. My brother is definitely not happy with me with getting this bike, because he know that im prone to speeding...
im trying to take it lightly right now

im also wondering, does this bike get generally accepted by both sport bike crew or cruiser???
the real question here is " ARE YOU GOING TO ACCEPT ANY OF THEM "...! That is the question !

the real question here is " ARE YOU GOING TO ACCEPT ANY OF THEM "...! That is the question !

hahaha, Currently i ride with an R1, GSXR 750, and 2 R6's... I used to ride with them in my sportster in the canyons lol

You see the thing about me, i have always loved the look, comfort of the cruiser, and the Balls of a sport bike... Vmax kinda nailed it right there.

To tell you guys the truth, i was originally shopping for a Harley vrod for performance and comfort reasons. But Vmax just beat it for me...

I have bought my bike at a dealership and i guess the bike has been sitting there for too long... well long story short, the battery was shot and they had to take it back to re inspect the bike, so i dont have it in my possession right now to take pics of it... I do have a full 2 year warranty on it anyway, let it break if it dares lol... only 12K miles

Anyway, here is a shitty picture from a crappy g1 phone camera while it was at a dealership. The pic doesn't do a bike any justice imo. Its black with factory red flames:
vmax2.jpg

Back