New Guy just bought 06 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$3,999.00
But after dealer BS and tags title, inspect

lOokin at $5,000 which is BS to me cause I can find one near that price somewhere on Craigslist.

Catcher is it's an '03
Close by
and has an after market headlight which I really like, sissy bar, and aftermarket exhaust. Looks clean

Most bikes with that many miles usually look ragged out.

Hey! Wait... You have an SV1000S? So do I!

So it'll cost you 1000 to just get it out the door? Hmm... Seems a bit excessive.

Chris

Old photo...

Attachments

• SV and Vmax.jpg
    SV and Vmax.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 15
Good lord man! 2 Months experience and you bought a MAX! Please, PLEase, PLEASE take it easy!!! This is far more bike than you need at this stage, so PLEASE respect it and take it easy! We don't want or need you to become another statistic!! I'd recommend you go as far as to disconnect the vboost servo for the first few months to a year. Learn to walk before you run. :punk:

Sweet ride and welcome!!

MY Max was the first bike I've ever owned. I'm glad I bought it instead of a smaller bike first. And I didn't need to disconnect the vboost.
It's all about respecting the Bike, it doesn't matter what bike you ride you can get killed on any ride.

Hey! Wait... You have an SV1000S? So do I!

So it'll cost you 1000 to just get it out the door? Hmm... Seems a bit excessive.

Chris

Old photo...

Yeah I also have the 650N...you ever go to SVRider.com??
I'm so jealous you have BOTH!! The VMAX AND S1KS !!

I am trying to sell the SV1K in order to afford the Vmax but I think I'll sell my jetski instead. I have a love hate relationship with the 1k and the 650 is lowered for my girl. But if push comes to shove I'll sell all three to get the VMAX.

What's your take? How often do you take the twisties with the 1K?

Nope I'm an administrator on www.sv-portal.com though. It tends to be more 1000s.

The SV has been moth balled all year. I WILL have it out next year though. It's been a hectic summer.

corners? Heck yeah! Tail of the dragon and many a trip to WI for some great weekends.

Chris

No burn outs on this tire. Look ma! No chicken strips!

Attachments

• img013.jpg
    img013.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 23
Nope I'm an administrator on www.sv-portal.com though. It tends to be more 1000s.

The SV has been moth balled all year. I WILL have it out next year though. It's been a hectic summer.

corners? Heck yeah! Tail of the dragon and many a trip to WI for some great weekends.

Chris

No burn outs on this tire. Look ma! No chicken strips!

Awww man that's awesome thank you for showing me that site. I'm signing up! I can't believe I haven't found that before. Shows how close minded I've been.

So you love your Vmax more, that's what I was afraid of therefore I might sell the 1000 but it's gonna be a sad sad day.

Awww man that's awesome thank you for showing me that site. I'm signing up! I can't believe I haven't found that before. Shows how close minded I've been.

So you love your Vmax more, that's what I was afraid of therefore I might sell the 1000 but it's gonna be a sad sad day.

I've been there for damn near ever. It started in 2003. It's like a huge club now.

I go by 2WIN.

...so where are the new photo's Chris? We need the :new3_ani::new2_ani::new_ani: photo's!

I know I know... Just been a hectic year. I've only ridden it 3 times this year man... Trying to flip my fiance's house to sell it.:bang head: Such a POS. Pretty nice now though.

Chris

Bad pic but it works...

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 30
Good lord man! 2 Months experience and you bought a MAX! Please, PLEase, PLEASE take it easy!!! This is far more bike than you need at this stage, so PLEASE respect it and take it easy! We don't want or need you to become another statistic!! I'd recommend you go as far as to disconnect the vboost servo for the first few months to a year. Learn to walk before you run. :punk:

Sweet ride and welcome!!

thanx, my brother had the same reaction... lmao...

MY Max was the first bike I've ever owned. I'm glad I bought it instead of a smaller bike first. And I didn't need to disconnect the vboost.
It's all about respecting the Bike, it doesn't matter what bike you ride you can get killed on any ride.

Very true sir.

But sometimes im tempted lol, had been charged twice with exhibition of speed in the state of CA :bang head:

your suspension and brakes will work just fine for you as you learn to ride your bike. I have put thousands of miles on the tight curvy roads of Nor Cal. Just learn your bike like mentioned. Like I mentioned before do not ride right on a sport bikes ass, be on one side or another because under hard breaking you will run into them if your to close. You will find yourself alot closer to them now than on your sportster . have fun.

on my stock '86 highest I've seen is 135mph. But that's with windshield and hard saddlebags, and Venture pumpkin. I think it could go a lil' faster, but ran out of road too.

Bad pic but it works...[/QUOTE]

I'll second that:confused2:. Lets see some real pixels, dude:eusa_dance: Who's white and blue bike. Looks pretty damn good:punk:

btw....Good luck with the home sale!

on my stock '86 highest I've seen is 135mph. But that's with windshield and hard saddlebags, and Venture pumpkin. I think it could go a lil' faster, but ran out of road too.

thats pretty quick, im sure some can see 140 stock

Bad pic but it works...

I'll second that:confused2:. Lets see some real pixels, dude:eusa_dance: Who's white and blue bike. Looks pretty damn good:punk:

btw....Good luck with the home sale!

Thanks!
That's RHOKE bike. Roy is his name. He's a member here. He's the one with the Avatar of the chick unzipping her coat and her boobs fall out.

When I first got the 2005 it was crashed and had bent fork tubes and a bent front wheel. i rode it anyway to make sure it was ok. Ended up running it up to the 150mph mark and still have some room to go. I'm sure it wasn't that fast in actuality. I have pegged my speedo's before.

Sean

Thanks!
That's RHOKE bike. Roy is his name. He's a member here. He's the one with the Avatar of the chick unzipping her coat and her boobs fall out.

Ya I really like that one:eusa_dance: ...but I have to becareful because my Secretary sits right behind my desk and might wonder WTF am I looking at.:ummm:

Back