New Max... 295 Hp? Info/rumor thread...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this on a site specializing in new VMax rumors:

After this weeks announcement from Yamaha about not to release the VMax this fall, I got to speak to a Yamaha insider earlier today about the bike and its progress. The person asked to stay anonymous so I can't share his identity. Take this as an unofficial rumor. If you don't like rumors stop here. If you enjoy the possibilities this might be for you.

Asked about the progress of the Vmax I got a pretty interesting story. The Otodama engine - the 1800cc monster turns out to be just that: a monster. An early version of the engine made 295bhp (!) at the crank. After some troubles with the internal dynos and test setups the bike was tested with that engine configuration. Turns out there is pretty much no rear tire that can hold up against this much power. The engine shredded tires in piece, breaking loose at pretty much any point in time.

The whole setup was described to be pretty much uncontrollable by the average bike rider. Way too much power to keep the bike under control.
5 detunes later(!) the engine got restricted to 'only' 210 bhp. Seems to be as much as Yamaha is willing to give you and me as riders. The good news is that there seems to be plenty of potential in that engine for later upgrades.

The bike is almost ready but just not far enough to be announced in two weeks at the Yamaha dealer show in Florida. There is a minor chance the bike will get introduced later this year or early next year. Yamaha engineers are tying up loose ends and are getting the bike ready for the US market.

As I said earlier take this as a rumor. I truly enjoyed the conversation. The bike is coming - no doubt. We all have to hang in just a little bit longer. Based on the insider view I would hope to see the new Vmax no later than mid of next year.

Linkage

Re: 295 Hp?

No way Yami makes a 295 horsepower bike....even Suzuki didn't have the balls to make a bike that big when it put a blower on the initial B King.

Mark

I call shenanigans! Of course it is on the Internet so it must be true....:whistlin:

Actually 440 hp blown and turbo charged :biglaugh:

:cheers:

Neil

Attachments

• vmax440hp.jpg
    vmax440hp.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 120

I want one of those. Hell sign me up for two. So I have a backup when the first one gose to the moon. LOL

it's one Magnacharger did. I have video and sound of it on VHS somewhere when the sent me a tape years back when i was contemplating dealing with them.

Sean

Re: 295 Hp? New Max...

I can't wait for these to come out and end all the rumors. I hope it's worth the hype! If so I'm buying one for certain.

it's one Magnacharger did. I have video and sound of it on VHS somewhere when the sent me a tape years back when i was contemplating dealing with them.

Sean

I wish Magnacharger was a "worthier" company for supplying that blower for the Vmax. I'd really love to do a Blown Max someday.

new max

got the word from the dealer,,,be out for 09.....210 hp at rear wheel ,,detuned to 185 hp

Re: new max

ya but it ant so till ya hear it from me :hammer bash:

True, but I doubt that Yamaha did the site about 'acceleration' as a build up to their new line of 125cc scooters.

:rocket bike:

It could be the new 1300 cc R1 for all we know. :)

Mark

Back