New York & gun control

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey danny, Want to get filthy rich, give king andy:confused: a call and ask for a grant to start your danny-max 7round magazine factory. He'd throw money at you. Then he could brag about job creation too. :puke:

That's a hell of an idea...if only I wouldn't have to deal with the arrogant bastard.........:confused2:

7 round mags are on next year's attack list. Get ahead of the game and put in for a 4 round mag factory....just sayin'.

Needs more pitchers:
gun-control-explained-964.jpg

That can't be true Danny, There's no Democrat alive that would do such a thing. Next your gonna tell me that voter fraud really happened. Come on man :eusa_dance:

OK....ya caught me!! It's really a smear campaign initiated by the NRA!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

OK....ya caught me!! It's really a smear campaign initiated by the NRA!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

At least that's what tomorrows headlines will say.:bang head: Did you hear about the "damage" done by the gun rally. $60,000 for lawn repairs to the park, where they held it. Must be a government contractor.

At least that's what tomorrows headlines will say.:bang head: Did you hear about the "damage" done by the gun rally. $60,000 for lawn repairs to the park, where they held it. Must be a government contractor.

I heard that!! $60 Large, you heard who did the estimate right?.....OGS!! I'm surprised it was that low! It'll go out to some contractor from Long Island who will put in for modifications and we'll be lucky if it comes in under $600,000!!

Well, not quite as many idiots as there was say.....yesterday!! :rofl_200:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...d73920-9b8e-11e2-9219-51eb8387e8f1_story.html

Its also very amazing that only in NY you will find senators willing to throw away a career to go backwards to being a mayor.... Doesn't it work the other way around in the political game? Climb the ladder so to speak? Just shows that there is a fat wad of money to be stolen through bureaucracy in good ol NYC

Either the post link is broken or pulled, what did it say?

Basically....the defendant was trying to sell a rifle to pay for medical bills incurred by his wife and had it on (I believe) Craigslist. He was arrested the day the SAFE Act went into affect and the case came to trial yesterday....the prosecutor threw it out, said he wouldn't prosecute. I believe the defense had a good case for entrapment....probly kept the guy on the hook for a few days till the law went into affect, but that's just a guess.

Turns out there was something illegal about the gun and he ended up with a $200 fine and 1 yr probation. I'm not aware of any other arrests regarding this legislation....not saying there aren't any, just I don't know of any.

So $35 mil spent....$200 recovered...good job boys...really good job!! :whistlin:

SAFE Act charges dropped against Saratoga County man
Posted at: 08/22/2013 5:56 PM | Updated at: 08/22/2013 7:40 PM
By: Mark Mulholland

MOREAU - William Greene, 51, was in court Thursday morning to answer charges that he sold a gun to an undercover police investigator, without asking for a background check. The sale took place in April, one day after a new law---part of the SAFE ACT---took effect, and required a background check.

Citing the "totality of the facts," Saratoga County District Attorney Jim Murphy decided not to prosecute Greene for violation of the SAFE Act, which meant two misdemeanors were dismissed.

A victory for William Greene and his supporters who say the new law is unconstitutional and hard to understand.

"Relieved it's over," said Greene. "I feel sorry for anybody out there that's got a gun like that because I didn't know."

Greene says he never intended to break the law, he just needed some money. "With the wife's medical problems this winter, I was drained on my account. So that's why I was selling it."

But Greene didn't get off the hook completely. It turns out the gun he sold was illegal to own. For years, long before the SAFE Act was enacted, the gun has been viewed by law enforcement as an assault weapon.

So Greene pled guilty to criminal possession of a weapon. A misdemeanor.

"It is the sentence of this court that the defendant be sentenced to a one-year conditional discharge," said Moreau Town Justice Timothy Alden.

Greene's Attorney, Greg Canale, was pleased with the result. "It's a very favorable outcome, my client doesn't suffer any jail time, doesn't suffer probation. He's able to keep and possess his firearms."

Greene was also ordered to pay a $200 fine.

Back